News America Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

News America Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I had an HR rep call me for an initial screen. Two interviewers came to my campus and then I was flown out to NYC to seven 40 minutes interviews at their HQ.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at News America Marketing in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email for a phone screening which was followed up with a Skype interview with an HR rep and 2 members of the team. Initially the interview started out well, but instantly turned south during the 2nd Skype interview. The individual asked a lot of ambigious questions and visibly became frustrated when I didn't provide the response she was seeking. It felt more like an intergation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever difficulties in the workplace due to your greater amount of life experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

First round was a quick phone interview that lasted about 25 mins.
    Second round was via Skype. It consisted of 3 separate 30-minute long interviews.
    Last round was a full day of in-person interviews. There were 4 one-on-one interviews with various people in the company and a lunch set up with two employees who had worked there for about a year each.

Interview Questions

• What do I see being the reason I choose to leave the company.   Answer Question

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at News America Marketing (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview by Phone -Explaining the nature of the job by District Manager & if interested your name would pass to the Territory Manager for second interview by phone.

Territory Manager call would explain the details of role function, stores duties & benefits if any. If furthered interest, in person interview at one of the major grocery retailers.

In person interview would provide details at the major grocery store of those job duties, store(s) assigned, pay rate per hour plus benefits. One would fill out an application on file.

Either job offered or screening of persons interest.

If offered, second 1:1 meeting to fill out paperwork w/ID & SSN unless provided time of the first 1:1 meeting.

Interview Questions

• What is your schedule like doing the week? What hours are you seeking?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

30-minute phone interview, followed by 3 in-person interviews with 2 account executives and 1 HR rep. After the phone interview, the HR person said they would let me know if they wanted to continue with me by the end of the day - it took until the next Tuesday to hear back they wanted to schedule an in-person interview. Then, didn't confirm the timing of the in-person interview until the day before.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to make a hard sale to someone not interested   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY).

Interview

First I had a 30 minute phone interview, then came in and interviewed with three people within management and then the final round consisted of five interviews and a lunch with two current account coordinators.

Everyone was very nice, but all eight interviewers asked virtually the same questions and it got extremely redundant.

Account Coordinator Interview

Interview

Had an info session, afterwards I interview with 2 different people and then had a web-cam interview. Every single person (including other candidates) were women so not sure what that was all about. All 3 interviewers and the other 10-15 employees I saw in the office were also female. Just seemed a bit odd to me.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at News America Marketing (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

One over the phone interview that was behavioral based. I then had an in person interview with three senior leaders. Everyone I interviewed with was very friendly and the interview was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you were challenged.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. First interview is with recruiter over the phone. Second is in person or Skype interview in regional office (typically 3-5 people), then final interview most likely in New York meeting with 3-5 executives.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Why did you leave last job? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY).

Interview

Started at a career fair with my University. First interview was on campus. It was 2, 30 minute interviews with one HR rep and one sales rep. Those were fairly basic and straight forward, relating your resume to sales. Second interview, I was flown to NYC where there was a reception, cocktail hour and dinner. The next day there were 7, 30 minute interviews with a variety of people in the company. Most questions based around, "why sales?". My best advice would be to try to relate to each interviewer on a personal level so they remember you because it is a long day.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things to bring to a deserted island and why?
      Why you over the 60 other people interviewing today?
      One person went through everything on my resume, told me it wasn't sales and asked me to explain why sales   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.