News America Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

News America Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY).

Interview

Started at a career fair with my University. First interview was on campus. It was 2, 30 minute interviews with one HR rep and one sales rep. Those were fairly basic and straight forward, relating your resume to sales. Second interview, I was flown to NYC where there was a reception, cocktail hour and dinner. The next day there were 7, 30 minute interviews with a variety of people in the company. Most questions based around, "why sales?". My best advice would be to try to relate to each interviewer on a personal level so they remember you because it is a long day.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 things to bring to a deserted island and why?
      Why you over the 60 other people interviewing today?
      One person went through everything on my resume, told me it wasn't sales and asked me to explain why sales
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at News America Marketing.

Interview

First round interview will consist of two back to back interviews, followed by an information session and two more back to back interviews, one of which with HR, if you make second rounds. Final round interviews are in NYC with 60+ other candidates. It's an intense process, not so much from the interviewing, but more due to the extent of traveling and long days in a short period of time. You will have seven 40 min interviews with Senior VP's, some of which are quite enjoyable to talk to others are much more formal it depends.

Interview Questions

• Describe the role of an AC in your own words and then tell me why your parents would think you are a bad fit for the role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at News America Marketing (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Long and detailed interview process. Consisted of an initial phone interview along with three in-person interviews. Met with Senior Vice President and multiple Senior Account Directors. Questions pertained to previous experiences where you had to give personal accomplishments.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was competitive for entry level, and no negotiating was needed.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at News America Marketing.

Interview

Great process overall. First, had an introductory phone interview. Then, they sent an HR rep to interview me at school. After that, had three skype interviews with senior people in the company. After, about 50 candidates go to NY for seven 40 minute interviews in a day.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at News America Marketing.

Interview

I was approached at a university career fair. There was a info session the night before the interview led by the two people who were going to conduct the interviews. One was in HR and the other was a Sales Manager. The info session was extremely informative. The next day there were two 30 minute interviews. One with each of the two News America Employees. It was a very sales driven interview. Make sure you talk about why you want to be in sales. Besides being very sales focused, it was a pretty standard interview. Be confident!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to overcome a challenge   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Interview

Had an initial in person interview on my college campus. There were two 30 minute interviews. The person who interviewed me was also recruiting at the career fair at my school in the fall. The interview was challenging at times, due to the unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• A penguin just walked into the room wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at News America Marketing (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

There were 4 interviews total. All pretty casual. A lot of questions about background. All four of the interviews were with HR. They asked a lot of questions about personal motivation and where I want to go in my career.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at News America Marketing (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

One phone interview, then a two hour skype interview (with 4 different people, who all asked me the same questions), then an in-person interview at one of their offices. I missed the deadline for the in-person, so all of mine were on skype or over the phone. Questions were pretty basic, but they asked some very personal questions that threw me off

Account Associate Interview

Interview

I was referred for this position by a friend of a friend. The first step in the process was a phone screen with an HR rep Following that I did three in office interviews for thirty minutes each with employees in the sales department there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to name a marketing tool that they offered through their SmartSource Magazine. It was asked to make sure that I had done my research so I would recommend getting to know the basics of their product offering before going in.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at News America Marketing in July 2014.

Interview

I filled out thier application and was hired with in just a few days. I sent in a copy of my drivers license and proof of insurance and social security card and was working with in the week.

Negotiation

They told me i was hired and what they offered. I accepted . They offer 9.00 an hour for all time i use no matter where (at home, driving, in store, etc.) I was told 30 cents a mile for gas and car expense.