Nexstar Broadcasting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.6

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nexstar Broadcasting (Irving, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

It's simple. I applied and received a response fairly quickly. I arrived late due to personal navigation issues in the building. However, I had called every step of the way so I was thankful that my interviewer did not seem put out or inconvenienced. She was pretty too! I also had a brief conversation with a potential co-worker and she answered a few questions I wouldn't have felt comfortable asking the boss. It was a pleasant process and environment.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nexstar Broadcasting (Irving, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with two managers separately at a remote location in separate rooms. They interviewed a lot of candidates shotgun style as they're building a new accounting team in Irving and needed to hire 5+ employees.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember specifics. It was more of a conversation than a traditional interview. Both managers were incredibly friendly.   1 Answer

Web Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nexstar Broadcasting (Topeka, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a 2 hour interview. Met with the current web editor and learned how to work the website. Had a sit down interview with the news director. I then had to complete a writing test in 30 minutes.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nexstar Broadcasting (Little Rock, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

Submit resume in answer to job posting, then.Phone screen first then fill out a very long on line application. Then a very extensive personality profile . If selected then a face to face interview with sales manager and his supervisor Rranged then an offer.

Interview Questions

• Previous esales experience   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interview was more conversational and every detail of the job requirements was provided. The interview process took approximately 15 minutes. Only the Sales Manager conducted the interview which took place in her office.

Mid-Level Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nexstar Broadcasting (Shreveport, LA).

Interview

One on one with GM and then with each department head. GM (no longer employed) was very friendly and easy to talk to. GM asked questions about background/previous employment, strengths/weaknesses. GM gave scenario and asked how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexstar Broadcasting (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

Got an email setup for an interview from the Sales Manager. Met with two of the Sales Managers and their boss and they basically grilled me to see how much I knew about advertising sales.

Digital Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nexstar Broadcasting (Abilene, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I had interviewed for an AE position. Was called back the next day and offered the DMM position because of my background and experience in sales, Management and reputation. I have had 20+ years in radio so they felt I was a perfect fit into this position.

Interview Questions

• The interviews over 2 days and 3-4 hours included many questions   1 Answer

Producer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nexstar Broadcasting (Lubbock, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Well I went in person and filled out an application. A few minutes later I was interviewed and I got the job a week after. They were very quick to hire and train me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was mostly just waiting to start.

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nexstar Broadcasting (Springfield, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by two people. Told them I made 11 at my old job and started at 10, she said she'd do one better and hire me at 1050. Absurd, but I loved being a traffic clerk and money isn't everything.

Interview Questions

• What traffic systems have you used   1 Answer