Next Jump Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2016

3.1

NOC/DevOps Engineer Entry Level -Boston Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

1. telephonic interview - 30 min Technical about the L2-L5 networking basics
    2. Onsite Interview- 45 min technical (Networking + Python programming) followed bt 30 min behavioral
    3. Onsite Interview-New York- 3 hours of Technical rounds (HTML, Python and CSS) and 30 behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Q. What was the most difficult time you been through ? and what did you learn from that ?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The first round consisted of a basic technical interview and a culture interview. During the technical interview I was asked various questions on CSS, JavaScript, SQL, PHP, and Object Oriented Programming concepts. There was one basic algorithmic question, but I didn't have to write the code for it.

The second round, "Super Saturday", consisted of three culture interviews, a culture tour in which they took us around the office and talked about their values and what makes them unique, a career fair in which we got to talk to employees from different teams about what they do, a presentation from the CEO, and a technical test. The technical test had two portions: the first was a multiple choice quiz on concepts such as the ones listed above, and the second was an open book programming test for which we could Google solutions and then code up our solutions. All of the culture interviews asked quite personal questions, focusing a lot on our strengths and weaknesses and how we deal with conflict, etc.

As other reviewers have noted, Next Jump does seem quite cultish, but I really liked every employee I met, and it seems like a very rewarding environment to work in since they focus so much on personal development and fulfillment. I know the New York office is known for having bad work-life balance, but I think this is less the case at the Boston office. Their technical interviews are very different from most companies' in that they're less algorithmic and more knowledge-based (which many of my classmates have complained about since they recruit a lot from my school), but I pointed out to them that this may not be the best test of actual ability, and hopefully they will modify this process for future interviews. I didn't accept the offer, but after going through their Super Saturday, I really strongly considered it since their work culture seems unique and rewarding.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between visibility:hidden and display:none?   Answer Question

Summer Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Relatively simple interview. Got invited to Super Saturday and was an interesting event with lots of cultural interviews, team projects, and technical assessments. Very heavily focused on culture so study that up.

Interview Questions

• If you were theoretically hired at next jump, then we're to leave the company, what would be your reason for leaving?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

On-campus technical interview and HR interview
    Followed by on-site interview with 2 technical rounds and 3 HR rounds
    Questions based on PHP, HTML, CSS, SQL and HR questions like biggest regret, how do you work under stress etc., if you decide to leave next jump in future what can be the reason, when did you take your decisions and not followed others, what keeps you motivated etc. ?

Interview Questions

• Technical - simple SQL queries for Instagram like system, design login page using HTML and CSS   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

First round: Cultural Screen
    Second round: Super Saturday
    *Third round: Skype Call

Interviews are actually quite fun, but it's a bit hard to tell what they are looking for. Even if they do try very hard to be honest and frank with you, it's a little contrived in a way that you're expected to be super positive at all times. They also make it clear to you that it may not be about capabilities, but about whether or not you are a fit to the company. In that way, it's a bit of a wildcard whether or not you'd get the job.

Interview Questions

• First round is really about just getting to know you on quite a superficial level, seeing if you would fit. Super Saturday though was very intense, from 9:30am to 7pm. They have a book that says a lot more in detail about the interview process.   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a whole day process with difficult task one after other, like small drill lessons. They put you into difficult everyday work situations to see how you work in it. Even if I did not get a job, it was a memorable experience for me. I learnt a lot in a day.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything people don't like about?

Have you done anything for others and not yourself?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with live coding online (mostly basic HTML, Data structures and Algorithms). After the phone interview, the recruiter invited me for a Super Saturday onsite event at Boston. The onsite interview involved a technical MCQ and PHP coding challenge, followed by 4 rounds of HR rounds and a group presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA).

Interview

This was a casual interview. It took approximately 30 minutes at their offices in Cambridge. They din't ask about my cv or experience only personal or behavioral questions to see if I fit with the company culture.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the Boston offices in Cambridge. I applied through college/university. Took 30 minutes. Only personal/behavioral questions. Casual and friendly but rushed through it -- didn't give me enough time to ask questions in the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a person you look up to and why   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were very stressed - what did you learn   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke with them at my university's career fair and gave them my resume. They followed up that day inviting me for an interview at the beginning of the next week. I couldn't go in to interview on that particular day, so they offered me a phone interview. I spoke on the phone with the same person I met at the career fair. The next day they emailed saying I wouldn't be moving to the next stage in the application process, because their upcoming recruiting event (super saturday, which is what they invite you to if they like you in your interview) was full but they really enjoyed talking to me and encouraged me to apply again later on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed and what do you wish you could do differently?   1 Answer