Next Jump Communications Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Director, Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

Recruiter contacts me regarding this position and after a couple of rounds with him, he puts my name in to participate in what Next Jump calls, "Super Saturday." Recruiter asks that I not bow out on him (presumably so he doesn't look bad with his client), although after reading through all of the Glass Door reviews, I was tempted and should have gone with my instinct.

I show up at 10 AM on a Saturday along with about 10-15 other candidates, and spent the day running through a series of skills tests, 1-on-1 interviews, group presentations in front of current Next Jump employees and a number of presentations by Next Jump leadership.

Despite meeting all of the executives, taking time out of our Saturday, Next Jump decides not to choose anyone (despite it appearing to be a very good group of Communications professionals) and the company and the recruiter never follow up a courtesy explanation or even to say, sorry but we decided not to pick you. Only a promise to call with an explanation and never a follow up; very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Analyze this Excel table of information and write a press release around it.   1 Answer
    • Another exercise was to work with two other candidates for the job I was interviewing for and develop 1-3 press releases in an hour, using one computer, while two Next Jump employees watch, take notes and then review the presenters with senior leadership.   1 Answer