Next Jump Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Next Jump Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA).

Interview

This was a casual interview. It took approximately 30 minutes at their offices in Cambridge. They din't ask about my cv or experience only personal or behavioral questions to see if I fit with the company culture.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the Boston offices in Cambridge. I applied through college/university. Took 30 minutes. Only personal/behavioral questions. Casual and friendly but rushed through it -- didn't give me enough time to ask questions in the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a person you look up to and why   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were very stressed - what did you learn   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump.

Interview

Initially started with either a phone screen (remote) or an in-office technical interview (if you live near one of their offices). Technical questions weren't algorithmic or data structures oriented; more about MVC model and some simple design questions. After passing this round, I was invited to one of their 'Super Saturday' onsite interview days, where dozens of candidates were all evaluated on the same day. Here, the all-day interview consisted of a code test (syntax heavy, light on algorithms - half the test was multiple choice, the other half was coding), lots of culture interviews for fit, a group design activity/presentation, and "sell" events, such as a career fair, meals, and mixing with employees.

They really try to sell you on their "better you, better us" slogan, talking about developing and growing their employees holistically and not just technically. All the employees there were very enthusiastic about having the workplace merge with the personal life - something not everyone might be okay with.

Interview Questions

A lot of the work to be done is related to the front-end and web development. Additionally, I didn't feel very interested in their product (e-commerce related, basically Amazon/Ebay for corporate employees with discounts).

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through career fair, then one cultural on-campus interview, one technical phone interview, and a full-day interview at their Super Saturday event. They paid for my transportation to NYC (They offer to pay for hotel as well but I did not need one) for Super Saturday. The event itself is from 10am to 8pm, which I thought would be awful, but they paced it really well, and add that to some delicious breakfast, lunch, and all kinds of snacks everywhere around the office, time flew by really fast. Extremely pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Super Saturday had a multiple choice exam, coding exam, and 3 rounds of cultural interviews. Cultural interview questions include:
      What is the most difficult job you had to do?
      What motivates you?
      Who is the most important person in your life and why?
      What can you provide for next jump?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke with them at my university's career fair and gave them my resume. They followed up that day inviting me for an interview at the beginning of the next week. I couldn't go in to interview on that particular day, so they offered me a phone interview. I spoke on the phone with the same person I met at the career fair. The next day they emailed saying I wouldn't be moving to the next stage in the application process, because their upcoming recruiting event (super saturday, which is what they invite you to if they like you in your interview) was full but they really enjoyed talking to me and encouraged me to apply again later on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed and what do you wish you could do differently?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was very casual. The questions were mostly around my resume. When I arrived the office, I was told the senior staff who was supposed to interview me was sick that day. A young staff who recently graduated from college interviewed me instead. The person was very nice and helpful but I wish I could have been interviewed by someone who has equivalent or more years of experience as me for some of my questions. I have not heard anything back about the interview nor did the senior staff replied any of my follow up emails regarding to the result.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; how can you contribute to the company if you are brought up on board; walk through resume etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

One phone screen followed by an all day event (Super Saturday). Basically speed dating with many members of the Next Jump family. With their 'no fire' policy, it is clear they want to make SURE they like you and can see you as a part of their family before offering you a position. Interview includes two business practicals (presentations), 3 interviews, and group work. Long day, very tiring, but at the end of it, you will know if you want to work there. You find out the following Monday if you are going to be offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through school career fair and scheduled a culture interview one week later, the recruiter was 10 minutes late for the call on the scheduled day, which is fine, but she kept lost signal during the phone interview and I can hardly hear what she said. And they had no response ever since, for one month. I read on glassdoor that they love people saying they are next google, but it's not. If you just want to hire an obsequious, maybe it's not even worth interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA).

Interview

Brief phone screen, final Super Saturday at their office that was elaborate with over three 1:1 interviews and then presentations by randomly formed teams. If you're really good, they might invite you for lunch with the CEO during the day long process
    Great interview process and took care of the candidates well but is difficult to know what they're really looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Cambridge, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had seen a job posting for "People Operations Associate" on a third-party site, but then the link to the Next Jump careers page was for "Business Associate" which had much different job responsibilities. When I asked Next Jump to clarify this, they couldn't exactly... they just told me to indicate that I was interested in People Ops.

I applied online, which asks for 6 short responses instead of a cover letter. About a week later, I was asked for a phone screening. This phone call was much more in-depth than my phone screens for other jobs -- more like an hour-long interview than a screening. Unfortunately, the woman interviewing me seemed to be stuck on telling me about her long meandering career at Next Jump and how she was forced to work on projects she didn't want to do. I think she wanted me to understand how interdisciplinary the work is, but it also came off like she needed to vent. She didn't seem experienced in doing interviews. I wondered why she stuck with the company if she was forced to change roles and do things she didn't enjoy so often. Even when I expressed enthusiasm for something she didn't like to do, like managing the office renovation, she made sure I understood how it was not fun for her. By the end, I was genuinely concerned about her wellbeing and wondering if everyone at Next Jumps struggles like she does. About a week later, I got an email that I had not gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle being asked to do something outside your original job description?   Answer Question