Next Jump Network Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Next Jump Network Administrator Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Cambridge, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

Worse place ever. The interview process of horrific. You go thru two phone interviews. The first is a general one with a non-technical recruiter. The second is more intensive and you are excessively questioned requiring your background and technical know how. Upon the successfull phone screen I was brought in for a in person interview. I was advised to park in the Kendall Square Cinema parking garage thinking it would be validated or possibly free.

Once on site, the place was like a horror movie. There was no one to work the door for you. After a long wait and after repeated attempts to contact my my recruiter I was finally let in and made to wait even more. The office was dirty and there so called flat screen had finger prints all over them.

Once I was brought in meet the recruiter I new this was not the place for me. Besides the fact that the first 15 employee desks was empty, this place was beyond a joke. Being humble as I am I did not leave just yet. I was giving a 2hr writing exam, then placed take a hands on lab exercise on how to mount a file system, ftp etc. which also took about an hr to complete. After all this painfull process I was further interrogated by two individuals and a possible third which at that I point I advised that I had enough of there BS!

However, the icing on the bake is that my ticket was not validated and it cost me a Whooping $25 bucks for parking. Worse place ever. Please do not waste your time!

Interview Questions

• The atmosphere is boring and completely is a doomsday!   Answer Question

The place had no life. Completely dead. They are lying to say it is a fun place to work!

Other Interview Reviews for Next Jump

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

First the HR interview and Then a Technical Interview after a week.Ech interview was about 15 minutes. They are friendly, you go for super saturday if clearde this two rounds.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Next Jump?
      2. What you planning after next 5 years?
      3. You and your supervisor relation? Any difficulties at current job. how is it been solved?
      1 Answer
    • 1.What is Spanning Tree?
      2. What is VLAN?
      3. Difference betwwen VLan and Spanning Tree
      4. Explain TCP Flow Control
      5. Linux Familiarity and Line Commands
      Answer Question

Network Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump in July 2011.

Interview

This was a really confusing process. I had applied for the same position last year and didn't get through. However, I reapplied for the position again a couple of months later and the same recruiter set up a phone interview.

The first process was a basic HR round which consists of simple questions pertaining to your background. This is a very simple round that asks about how you would fare in a challenging situation, what your priorities are and why Next Jump, among other things. The recruiter promptly called me at the specified time and the whole process took about 15 to 20 minutes.

At the end of the call, I was told to expect further instructions for a technical round, within the next two weeks. I didn't get any correspondence and requested for the status on the third week. I got an email in the fourth week, with the next date and time to expect a technical phone screen.

This was around the fifth week, and the technical screen was rather strange with the interviewer asking no technical questions and only very generic questions, much akin to the HR round. He told me that he was interested in seeing my academic work before ending the phone call. The phone call was prompt and on the time specified, and the interviewer was very courteous.

Again two weeks pass with no information being exchanged. I finally pressed for a decision after 17 days following the technical phone screen. Four days after this, I got a generic rejection letter. I have no idea what happened or how they came to the decision without a proper technical round.

The entire process took around 47 days. Mine could be an exception since I have heard others that have had a faster hiring routine.

As others have pointed out, there is a Super Saturday gathering of some kind if you make it through this round for on-site interviews.

After reading the reviews posted by employees here, I am actually sort of relieved that I didn't get through. All the best to those who are interviewing here.