Next Jump Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Next Jump Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted application through on campus recruiting. After two weeks got notified for one round onsite 1h tech and behavior screening. Last round during Next Jump's super Saturday. 2 hour technical (including coding) in the morning and 2 hour cultural interview in the afternoon followed by a team challenge. Lots of good food during the day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Next Jump

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The first round consisted of a basic technical interview and a culture interview. During the technical interview I was asked various questions on CSS, JavaScript, SQL, PHP, and Object Oriented Programming concepts. There was one basic algorithmic question, but I didn't have to write the code for it.

The second round, "Super Saturday", consisted of three culture interviews, a culture tour in which they took us around the office and talked about their values and what makes them unique, a career fair in which we got to talk to employees from different teams about what they do, a presentation from the CEO, and a technical test. The technical test had two portions: the first was a multiple choice quiz on concepts such as the ones listed above, and the second was an open book programming test for which we could Google solutions and then code up our solutions. All of the culture interviews asked quite personal questions, focusing a lot on our strengths and weaknesses and how we deal with conflict, etc.

As other reviewers have noted, Next Jump does seem quite cultish, but I really liked every employee I met, and it seems like a very rewarding environment to work in since they focus so much on personal development and fulfillment. I know the New York office is known for having bad work-life balance, but I think this is less the case at the Boston office. Their technical interviews are very different from most companies' in that they're less algorithmic and more knowledge-based (which many of my classmates have complained about since they recruit a lot from my school), but I pointed out to them that this may not be the best test of actual ability, and hopefully they will modify this process for future interviews. I didn't accept the offer, but after going through their Super Saturday, I really strongly considered it since their work culture seems unique and rewarding.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between visibility:hidden and display:none?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Culture interview with a HR person. Most of the questions they asked are about your personal experience, nothing related with technical. Just to make sure whether you will fit in the company culture and they talked a lot about company activities and culture stuff.

Interview Questions

• who had the most impact on you?
      what was the most challenging task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview with live coding online (mostly basic HTML, Data structures and Algorithms). After the phone interview, the recruiter invited me for a Super Saturday onsite event at Boston. The onsite interview involved a technical MCQ and PHP coding challenge, followed by 4 rounds of HR rounds and a group presentation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump.

Interview

Initially started with either a phone screen (remote) or an in-office technical interview (if you live near one of their offices). Technical questions weren't algorithmic or data structures oriented; more about MVC model and some simple design questions. After passing this round, I was invited to one of their 'Super Saturday' onsite interview days, where dozens of candidates were all evaluated on the same day. Here, the all-day interview consisted of a code test (syntax heavy, light on algorithms - half the test was multiple choice, the other half was coding), lots of culture interviews for fit, a group design activity/presentation, and "sell" events, such as a career fair, meals, and mixing with employees.

They really try to sell you on their "better you, better us" slogan, talking about developing and growing their employees holistically and not just technically. All the employees there were very enthusiastic about having the workplace merge with the personal life - something not everyone might be okay with.

Interview Questions

A lot of the work to be done is related to the front-end and web development. Additionally, I didn't feel very interested in their product (e-commerce related, basically Amazon/Ebay for corporate employees with discounts).

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through career fair, then one cultural on-campus interview, one technical phone interview, and a full-day interview at their Super Saturday event. They paid for my transportation to NYC (They offer to pay for hotel as well but I did not need one) for Super Saturday. The event itself is from 10am to 8pm, which I thought would be awful, but they paced it really well, and add that to some delicious breakfast, lunch, and all kinds of snacks everywhere around the office, time flew by really fast. Extremely pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Super Saturday had a multiple choice exam, coding exam, and 3 rounds of cultural interviews. Cultural interview questions include:
      What is the most difficult job you had to do?
      What motivates you?
      Who is the most important person in your life and why?
      What can you provide for next jump?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through school career fair and scheduled a culture interview one week later, the recruiter was 10 minutes late for the call on the scheduled day, which is fine, but she kept lost signal during the phone interview and I can hardly hear what she said. And they had no response ever since, for one month. I read on glassdoor that they love people saying they are next google, but it's not. If you just want to hire an obsequious, maybe it's not even worth interviewing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was scheduled for a 1-hour interview (a technical interview followed by a behavioral). They asked me some HTML/CSS questions and asked me to describe the output of some code in GO.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Interview

I was shortlisted through my college career fair.
    They contacted me through mail.

I had a first phone interview which was purely behavioral . 30 minutes questions including :
    What did you do in your project in your work ex?
    Have you felt anytime disappointed during your work and how did u overcame that?
    Can u stretch?
    A difficult situation where you were in and how did you came out of it.

I got through . Second round is due

Interview Questions

• Explain yourself in context of what your manager sees you as an asset?

&

Explain yourself as a person that people see you as?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Next Jump (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I gave them my resume at school career fair and was contacted relative fast after the career fair for an on campus interview.
    The on campus interview was a 30 min tech interview and 30 min cultural interview. Tech questions included front end html and css (such as how to make two side by side columns) and data structures.

After on campus interview I got invitation to the Super Saturday event. It's a whole day interviewing process including group challenges, one on one interviews and technical test(they ask you to write code on computer) and tour around the office.

They contacted me pretty fast after the super saturday event and gave me an offer.