Next Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Next Retail Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2018

2.1

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

I applied online for the inside sales consultant job. Within one day I got an offer for an interview.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Essex, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (Essex, MD) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online which was very easy to do and allows you to apply for multiple roles quickly, Got an email to confirm I had been short listed and then got a phone call. Missed it but then called back and had a 10 minute conversation. Asked why I thought i’d suit the role, what I could offer, what I’d previously done for work experience, no more than 5 questions. I was then asked for my availability and if I had any holidays booked so it was all very easy. They usually tell you then if they want you to come into the store for a trial run and meet the manager and get to know the store followed by an induction.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Next?   1 Answer
    • What makes you think you’re suited to this role?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to Next?   1 Answer
    • When have you received good customer service?   1 Answer

Learning & Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Next Retail (Leicester, England (UK)).

Interview

Email received from their internal recruiter - asking me to consider applying for a role. CV sent and I was then asked to attend an interview at their Head Office in Leicester. I was told it was to be informal chat through my CV, however, was grilled and made to feel that my experience and skill set were sub standard (interesting as they asked me to apply?) One of the men who interview me was rude and cutting and this has impacted on my view of this brand now. Shame really, but if they employ people like him - then it's not for me.

Interview Questions

• Amaze me with something that you know about NEXT?
      Tell me about your childhood?
      You wont know how the department is set up, but why don't you try and guess...?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

EAsy interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (Leicester, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter about a job as a software engineer. I explained that I had 1 and a half years' experience as a software developer. I then had a brief phone interview with a technical manager where I was asked some basic C# questions and SQL questions; asked to rate myself out of 5 on C# SQL and javascript and some of the more common interview questions such as where I see myself in 5 years etc.

I was then given an online test to complete which examined javascript, SQL and C# knowledge. These were multiple choice questions, where you are given code snippets and asked to select the correct output. I was then called for a face-to-face interview with two members of the development team.

The interview seemed to be going well, but as they were going through my CV and realized that I had less than 2 years' experience they explained that I wouldn't be eligible for the role I had applied for and instead offered me a role as a trainee, which I didn't take.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with SQL? Can you tell us about a database you designed?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

1) filling In an online application ( 30 min) with questions how you would behave if...
    2) after approximately 2 weeks time: e-mail with invitation for telephone interview to confirm
    3) my phonecall to book an interview ( in one week time)
    4) interview:
    -really competent person with appropriate approach and good manners;
    - questions about: duties VM ( how I see it), why I would like to work for NEXT; flexibility in terms of working days; if I have any holidays booked;
    5) Invitation for second part of interview at the shop- date to confirm;

Interview Questions

• - duties VM my point of view
      - why Next
      - my availability for working hours   Answer Question

Warehouse Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online application with a basic questionnaire then received a phone interview with a few questions. Then invited to store for a trial shift where the interview didn't even pay any attention to the work I was doing.

Warehouse Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London Colney, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Next Retail (London Colney, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I was never interviewed as I joined during a summer sale however, the process from temporary to permanent was shoddy and informal, never any safety advice or instructions on how to work effectively.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail in February 2015.

Interview

nice amazing it went well manager staff and the store great . Competency based question for the interview friendly and making you feel relaxed.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Next Retail (Bristol, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, which involved completing a basic information section, and a small questionnaire which was very easy and just involved basic common sense.

I then was invited to an interview at the store, was met by the office manager who gave me a quick tour of the store, then we had a one to one interview, where she asked me questions in a very laid back manner, and she offered me the role there and then.