Next Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Next Retail Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.1

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

I applied online for the inside sales consultant job. Within one day I got an offer for an interview.

Sales Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

Completed the online application and then they rang me to arrange a phone interview - they rang on Friday and the phone interview was on Monday. The lady on the phone was so lovely and the interview was very relaxed.

Stockroom Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was a good experience the interviewer was very nice and welcoming and made me feel very comfortable. I waited in the staff room and was then called in, the entire interview process lasted under 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why Next?
      If your friend was here, what three skills would the say describes you best?
      Availability?
      Would you like to be considered for a job in September that will fit around university better?
      Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail (Oldham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a telephone interview. This lasted about ten to fifteen minutes. It involved basic questions and a couple of scenarios. Scenarios were based on different situations in a retail environment.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any relevant work experience in a retail environment?
      What time are you available for?
      What would you do if you were in a certain scenario?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail (Leeds, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online - Relatively easy numerical and verbal reasoning tests followed by a short situational judgement tests.

Received an email one day later inviting me to a telephone interview. Then received a call to arrange a time for the interview.

The following day I received a call and had to answer 5 questions, I was then told I would receive a call later that day about whether I would proceed to the next stage of the application process.

I had recently worked the Next summer sale so later that day received a call offering me the job and inviting me to an induction day. I know the process can be different if you have not worked for Next before.

Interview Questions

• What are you enthusiastic about?   Answer Question
    • What is required to deliver good customer service?/What traits are required for a Sales consultant?   Answer Question
    • What keeps you motivated when doing routine tasks?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merry Hill, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail (Merry Hill, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Nothing too intimidating or serious. Employers simply looked for people to aid in the sale so since it would be a temporary contract they weren't too bothered about formalness.

Interview Questions

• How would you deliver good customer experience?   1 Answer

Sales Support Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

Applied online, sat a personality test then basic reading and maths test (allowed to use a calculator) then received an email saying my application had been successful. Received phone call later to set up a phone interview. After phone interview was invited to store for assessment, put out on to shop floor with manager watching to greet customers/ask them if they need anything etc.. told on the day whether you are hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Busy sales time, all tills are being used and queues are long, what can you do to help with the queues/ help the people on the tills.   1 Answer
    • shop is not busy, you see there are clothes on the floor but a customer walks in what do you do.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

After applying received a phone call for a interview within a couple of days. Interview was relatively easy just about your experiences etc, as it was a home store felt there was more emphasis on the sales side of it.

Interview Questions

• Had to walk around the store and was told to dummy sell a product to the interviewer   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Next Retail (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The whole process took two days. After completely a typical online application (simple maths, English, situational judgement and personality test - no CV necessary), I received a phone call a few minuets later asking if I was happy to participate in a phone interview. It was very straightforward, the manager was very friendly and it only lasted 6 minutes. She asked me to come in the next day to take part in an Assessment Centre. There were no fornal interview question's there because that much was covered in the phone call. When I arrived, there were two other girls and, after watching a brief induction video, they sent us to the shop floor with different members of staff (who were assessing us) to see how confident we were with interacting with customers. The staff were all really friendly and put me at ease. It was a tad daunting, but they're not expecting you to know anything, just to smile, greet customers as you pass them and look approachable. This only lasted 20-30 minutes and then we went back to the mangers to receive feedback. Needless to say, we all got offers there and then.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What can you offer? Greatest achievement? Describe a time you received great customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online which involved some questions about NEXT, basic mathematics questions and a personality questionnaire (try to select as many 'extremes' on the 5-point scale). Did NOT receive a shortlisting email but a few weeks later, I received a text to arrange a phone interview date/time. After a successful (slightly informal) interview with a lovely manager who really made me feel at ease, I received an email inviting me to a team assessment for a few dates later. The was dress code was more smart casual (shirt/blouse, smart shoes and a pair of dark/trendy loose trousers). We spent 10/15 minutes in the stockroom hanging and reorganising stock and only a short 5 minutes on the floor (since it was fairly quiet) where we tidied and were told to be confident and approach customers. Gathered again and had a 1 on 1 with the manager who gave us feedback and told us if we got the job. Left with a £10 gift card, the job and a smile on my face.

Interview Questions

• What other interest and hobbies do you have outside work and education?   1 Answer
    • What did you do in your previous/current job?   Answer Question
    • Recall a time when you experienced good customer service   Answer Question
    • Recall your greatest achievement (up to date)   Answer Question