Next Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2018

2.1

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Essex, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (Essex, MD) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online which was very easy to do and allows you to apply for multiple roles quickly, Got an email to confirm I had been short listed and then got a phone call. Missed it but then called back and had a 10 minute conversation. Asked why I thought i’d suit the role, what I could offer, what I’d previously done for work experience, no more than 5 questions. I was then asked for my availability and if I had any holidays booked so it was all very easy. They usually tell you then if they want you to come into the store for a trial run and meet the manager and get to know the store followed by an induction.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for Next?   1 Answer
    • What makes you think you’re suited to this role?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to Next?   1 Answer
    • When have you received good customer service?   1 Answer

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

I applied online for the inside sales consultant job. Within one day I got an offer for an interview.

Merchandising Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail (Leicester, England (UK)).

Interview

There was myself and four other candidates invited to the assessment day. We started off by individual interviews where a set of maths questions were asking involving spread sheets. Then we were asked to rank different clothing items according to their popularity and whether or not they are a high fashion item or a basic. After individuals interviews we did a group tasks which involved picking a selection of mens T-shirts out of a line up, which we believed would be the best options to put in store. We each got an individual task that we needed to complete.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

online application where you have to complete some situational based questions, very easy, invited to interview after that where they ask a few questions about your qualifications and experience

Interview Questions

• No questions, you just have to go onto the shop floor and interact with customers   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keighley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Retail (Keighley, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied on the 14th May 2018, received a call 17th May and arranged an assessment the next day to see how i dealt with customers on shop floor. Offered position straight after happy days.

Interview Questions

• no hard questions they just wanted to get to know me, everyone friendly and welcoming.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Online application - this then led to a phone interview with a few brief questions - then invited for a team assessment where you're asked to pick an outfit for an event and sell it to the person supervising you. You then go on the shop floor and interact with customers. - it's all very laid back and calm and not nerve-racking at all.

Interview Questions

• Why you you're best for the job
      Your proudest moment
      Atime you received good customer service etc   Answer Question

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (London, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

I began by sending off an application to work in Next as a Stockroom Assistant, which consisted of an online test. I then received an email that stated that my application had been successful, and I had been shortlisted. I then received a call around 3 weeks later, where a member of staff at the Next I applied for asked me 4 questions, and confirmed my hours and availability. I was then invited in for an in-store assessment, where I had to tag clothes, unwrap items, put size cubes on hangers and scan items. This process took around an hour, and then I was invited into the office where I received a £10 gift card for my time and I was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Whats the best example of customer service you have experienced? What makes you think your right for this role?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Next Retail (Sheffield, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

applied online, got a telephone interview the next day and was invited to an assessment day the day after. There was 3 others at the assessment and we were asked simple questions like how would you style this person and what would you do in this situation etc. then we were asked to talk to customers see if they needed any help for only 10 minutes as it wasn't very busy in store.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and then had a telephone interview lasting 5-10 mins. They asked me to give an example of when I'd received good customer service, why I want to work for next, what makes a good team, my proudest achievement. After this. was invited in for an assessment where no questions were asked but we were put on the shop floor for half an hour doing stock return and in this part you really have to interact with the customers and say hello etc that's what they're looking to see

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest achievement?   1 Answer

Warehouse Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online application with a basic questionnaire then received a phone interview with a few questions. Then invited to store for a trial shift where the interview didn't even pay any attention to the work I was doing.