Next Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Next Retail Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.1

Account Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

I applied online for the inside sales consultant job. Within one day I got an offer for an interview.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oldham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail (Oldham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a telephone interview. This lasted about ten to fifteen minutes. It involved basic questions and a couple of scenarios. Scenarios were based on different situations in a retail environment.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any relevant work experience in a retail environment?
      What time are you available for?
      What would you do if you were in a certain scenario?   Answer Question

Sales Support Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

Applied online, sat a personality test then basic reading and maths test (allowed to use a calculator) then received an email saying my application had been successful. Received phone call later to set up a phone interview. After phone interview was invited to store for assessment, put out on to shop floor with manager watching to greet customers/ask them if they need anything etc.. told on the day whether you are hired or not.

Interview Questions

• Busy sales time, all tills are being used and queues are long, what can you do to help with the queues/ help the people on the tills.   1 Answer
    • shop is not busy, you see there are clothes on the floor but a customer walks in what do you do.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

After applying received a phone call for a interview within a couple of days. Interview was relatively easy just about your experiences etc, as it was a home store felt there was more emphasis on the sales side of it.

Interview Questions

• Had to walk around the store and was told to dummy sell a product to the interviewer   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Next Retail (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The whole process took two days. After completely a typical online application (simple maths, English, situational judgement and personality test - no CV necessary), I received a phone call a few minuets later asking if I was happy to participate in a phone interview. It was very straightforward, the manager was very friendly and it only lasted 6 minutes. She asked me to come in the next day to take part in an Assessment Centre. There were no fornal interview question's there because that much was covered in the phone call. When I arrived, there were two other girls and, after watching a brief induction video, they sent us to the shop floor with different members of staff (who were assessing us) to see how confident we were with interacting with customers. The staff were all really friendly and put me at ease. It was a tad daunting, but they're not expecting you to know anything, just to smile, greet customers as you pass them and look approachable. This only lasted 20-30 minutes and then we went back to the mangers to receive feedback. Needless to say, we all got offers there and then.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What can you offer? Greatest achievement? Describe a time you received great customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online which involved some questions about NEXT, basic mathematics questions and a personality questionnaire (try to select as many 'extremes' on the 5-point scale). Did NOT receive a shortlisting email but a few weeks later, I received a text to arrange a phone interview date/time. After a successful (slightly informal) interview with a lovely manager who really made me feel at ease, I received an email inviting me to a team assessment for a few dates later. The was dress code was more smart casual (shirt/blouse, smart shoes and a pair of dark/trendy loose trousers). We spent 10/15 minutes in the stockroom hanging and reorganising stock and only a short 5 minutes on the floor (since it was fairly quiet) where we tidied and were told to be confident and approach customers. Gathered again and had a 1 on 1 with the manager who gave us feedback and told us if we got the job. Left with a £10 gift card, the job and a smile on my face.

Interview Questions

• What other interest and hobbies do you have outside work and education?   1 Answer
    • What did you do in your previous/current job?   Answer Question
    • Recall a time when you experienced good customer service   Answer Question
    • Recall your greatest achievement (up to date)   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The online test was very easy, it was just a verbal and numeracy test. It was not timed and a lot of the answers were common sense. The online application process did not require me to attach a CV nor cover letter, therefore this stage of the application process is just based upon your verbal/numerical answers (which is surprising because they were very easy).
    I was not emailed that my application was shortlisted and I would be invited for a telephone interview, I just got a phone call midday asking if I am available for an interview right this moment. The questions were fairly easy, the interview was casual and not non vigorous, this suited the role I was applying for, it was just a temporary sales assistant role for the sales period. I was offered the job straight after I finished the interview.

Interview Questions

• Am I available for the required hours, will I be able to commute safely (because they were early morning and late shifts)?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if there was a big queue of customers and only limited tills and they were getting angry?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online on the next careers page. Had to do basic verbal and mathematic reasoning before having a personality quiz to see if you are "a good match" to the store. This then stands on your account for any roles you apply for within the company. Got rejected from one post after being receiving an email saying I'd been shortlisted but applied to another and got a call/ phone interview the next day. Was asked a few standard questions that you'd expect and was invited to a trial shift or "team assessment" straight after the weekend. This lasted just over an hour and involved being introduced to tills and serving some customers, working on the shop floor and greeting customers and also a 20 minute stint on delivery. Didn't get to know how it had gone on the day but got an email two days later telling me I had been offered the position and details for my induction and first shift :)

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hove, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Next Retail (Hove, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, then received a telephone interview. It lasted about 5 minutes and I was asked basic questions. I was rung the next day to be invited to an assessment a few days later. The assessment was on the shop floor, working in the fitting room.

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Retail (Merthyr Tydfil, Wales (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Over the course of 6 months, I applied for a quite a few jobs with Next, and although I was always being shortlisted - I would usually then receive an email telling me that my application was 'unsuccessful this time'. The process would usually take about 1-2 weeks.
    However, the last time I applied for a part-time Stock Assistant (contract), I received a call from Next within 2 days. The lady I spoke to asked me if I was still interested in the job and if I was available for a telephone interview in a few days time. I agreed and went ahead with it booking a telephone interview.
    The same lady (who was absolutely lovely) conducted the interview - at the beginning she explained that she would be asking me 3 or 4 questions. The questions were straight forward and very much like the ones people have mentioned on here! (e.g. name something you are passionate about, what do you think makes a good employee?) When I mentioned that I had been volunteering in a Charity shop, she did seem to think that could be helpful as a lot of the time I've had to tag and sort items.

For the Team Assessment (there was two of us) - I was taken to the staff room where I had to sign in and after a short wait, the lady came to get us for the assessment. Again, she was lovely and very easy to talk to. She explained more about the job and after talking about health and safety, she took us to the stockroom. We had 30 minutes there - and after 15 minutes in one area we had to swap. For the first 15 minutes, I had to tag and hang the kids clothes - two of the workers kindly explained it all to me. For the second part I had to tag men's clothing.

After 30 minutes, we were taken back to the staff room and asked to wait 10 minutes. I was called first and offered the job. Very happy about that! I was also given £10 and a £10 gift voucher to use in Next - so it was definitely a very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• 1. What are you passionate about?
      2. What do you think makes a good employee?
      3. How would you contribute to the Team at Next?   1 Answer