Next Retail Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Next Retail Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.1

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hove, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Next Retail (Hove, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, then received a telephone interview. It lasted about 5 minutes and I was asked basic questions. I was rung the next day to be invited to an assessment a few days later. The assessment was on the shop floor, working in the fitting room.

Interview Questions

• What would keep you motivated during a difficult day at Next?   Answer Question
  • What skills are essential for working in a team?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Next Retail

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

Just a phone interview asking previous experience, why you want to work for Next and availability. There was an online application in which you had to complete a simple multiple choice maths test. From what I remember it was simple addition and you were allowed to use a calculator

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

It started with the online application and test with numeracy and questionaire,you then get told to wait to see if you've been shortlisted,the next day I received the email saying congratulations that I've been shortlisted and I would receive a phone call from a member of staff which I received roughly a week later.The lady called me and asked when I would be available for a telephone interview and we arranged for the next day.The telephone interview was very relaxed just had a chat for 10/15 min and the lady was very nice and made me feel comfortable so I felt at ease.She told me that she would like for me to come into one of the nearby stores for an assessment which was arranged gives couple of days later.I went along to the store and was put onto the shop floor and just tidy up and approach customers which was fine after 30 mins I was taken upstairs and told I was what next is looking for and offered me the position.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (Milton Keynes, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online to many positions in different stores. I was successful at two stores however only one wanted to have an interview with me.
    I received a text with the number I need to call and how I need to talk to.
    At my first attempt the supervisor was incredibly busy so she promised she call me back but it never happened. So I phoned next day and I could talk to another lady. The interview was a friendly chat and it took about 15minutes. After that she invited me for an assessment day.
    There two other girls were waiting, luckily we were running for different positions therefore we had a friendly atmosphere. I was put on the men's shop floor. It was a bit shocking as I don't use to visit this department very often. I had to go and chat to every, I mean EVERY customer I could find, it was a busy Saturday so the shop was full. I asked do they need any help, have they found everything they were looking for. Sometime I went and checked with the manager how is my performance. When a customer needed help I called for a colleague. They showed me how to find items that maybe available in stock. When there was any in the stock room, don't go there you are not authorised and you need to be on the shop floor so your supervisor can see you.
    They were very pleased and now I will to an induction as I got the position.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

They just asked me availability, flexibility etc. Question you on experience and awareness of the company. She was friendly and funny, full of advice. You are also asked to go on shop floor and help customers out. They want to see how you approach customers and help them out. Be attentive, smile and aware of ALL customers.

Interview Questions

• If you were on tills checking our customer and another customer asks you to check something, what do you do.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail.

Interview

The interview consists of two parts. The first is just general sales questions and the second is being observed on the shop floor for around ten minutes. Relatively simple & easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

Interview

Applied for the job online at the start of the summer holidays as I thought that would be a good time to work but they never responded to my application.
    The online application process wasn't very good either, the format was all messed up for the verbal reasoning test meaning I couldn't read it properly which was annoying.

Interview Questions

• Online application - personal information, verbal test, maths test, etc   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Llandudno, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (Llandudno, Wales (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had to complete an online assessment. Then got a call asking me about my experience as I had worked at Next previously. Was offered an interview after this. Then had an interview with a senior sales consultant.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Craigavon, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (Craigavon, Northern Ireland (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Firstly there was a telephone interview where they ask some basic questions about how you would deal and cope with certain situations that may arise when working in next. The questions weren't to specific. After that you are asked to call in for a assessment. The assessment was again quite simple nothing to difficult. You are taken onto the shop floor and shown around and then you are asked to perform a number of tasks such as watching the fitting rooms, putting out some stock left over in the fitting rooms and they really just watch and observe how effectively and efficiently you are able to carry out the tasks that they ask you to do.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask many questions, they really just want to see how at ease you are on the shop floor and with customers.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Retail (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

It was a day I can not forget so soon. I was invited for the interview and when I got there, I was given a warm welcome. Thereafter, I was taken to the conference room for the interview proper which lasted for like two hours. I was asked series of questions of which I was very eager to answer. My past experience was brought into place and I really enjoyed the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How would you welcome a customer?   1 Answer