Next Retail Stockroom Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.0

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Retail (Merthyr Tydfil, Wales (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Over the course of 6 months, I applied for a quite a few jobs with Next, and although I was always being shortlisted - I would usually then receive an email telling me that my application was 'unsuccessful this time'. The process would usually take about 1-2 weeks.
However, the last time I applied for a part-time Stock Assistant (contract), I received a call from Next within 2 days. The lady I spoke to asked me if I was still interested in the job and if I was available for a telephone interview in a few days time. I agreed and went ahead with it booking a telephone interview.
The same lady (who was absolutely lovely) conducted the interview - at the beginning she explained that she would be asking me 3 or 4 questions. The questions were straight forward and very much like the ones people have mentioned on here! (e.g. name something you are passionate about, what do you think makes a good employee?) When I mentioned that I had been volunteering in a Charity shop, she did seem to think that could be helpful as a lot of the time I've had to tag and sort items.

For the Team Assessment (there was two of us) - I was taken to the staff room where I had to sign in and after a short wait, the lady came to get us for the assessment. Again, she was lovely and very easy to talk to. She explained more about the job and after talking about health and safety, she took us to the stockroom. We had 30 minutes there - and after 15 minutes in one area we had to swap. For the first 15 minutes, I had to tag and hang the kids clothes - two of the workers kindly explained it all to me. For the second part I had to tag men's clothing.

After 30 minutes, we were taken back to the staff room and asked to wait 10 minutes. I was called first and offered the job. Very happy about that! I was also given £10 and a £10 gift voucher to use in Next - so it was definitely a very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• 1. What are you passionate about?
    2. What do you think makes a good employee?
    3. How would you contribute to the Team at Next?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Next Retail

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Next Retail (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Then the next day, I received an email telling me I was shortlisted for a phone interview. Then received a call the day after getting the email for a phone interview. Was just asked a few questions and then asked me what day I was available for an assessment in store. Received an email a few minutes after the phone interview with information for the assessment, including what to bring.

During the assessment, in which one other person was there, we were told there was one position for the permanent stockroom assistant but the other would be offered a seasonal temp position and could be offered a permanent after Christmas if any opened up. We asked a few questions (availability, experience) before taken for a tour around the stockroom. We were then split up and given a few tasks to do for around half an hour. Then we were brought together to be told their decision. I was offered the seasonal temp position rather than the one I applied for, in which I declined. It was a smooth, causal process and they were very friendly. Also given £10 as well as a £10 Next gift card for my time. The whole process of the assessment took around an hour and a half.

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Next Retail (Stratford, London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application, the next day I got an email that my application had been shortlisted and that I will receive a phone call not an email to arrange an interview. 2 days later I get a phone call from NEXT asking if I could chat for a few minutes. The telephone interview was very calm and relaxed, and I found the interviewer to be very outgoing and easy to talk to. The questions asked were average and after our conversation, I got told that I had passed the interview and if I could come into the store for an assessment on the same day. The store assessment was just for me to experience the role I had applied for and to see if the environment was right for me. The store assessment took about an hour or more. I worked with another person who had also come for the interview, and we were supervised by one of the managers. He showed us how to unload items, put on security tags and size tags. We were assessed based on accuracy, pace, and understanding of the process of unloading and tagging. After this, each of us that came for the assessment was called into the office for feedback.On my turn, I was offered the job and given a £10 voucher. Also note that if you get offered the job, you will have to pay for your uniform.

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Next Retail (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Was welcomed into the stock room where I was introduced to the staff, shown around the facility, safety features and all that. Was assigned a work bench where a member of staff supervised me and instructed me how and what ways to do certain tasks, had an informal chat about life, university, what I want to do as a job, all of this chat was like an interview but was very relaxed. At the end of the session I received a £10 gift card and £10 change to cover interview expenses.

Interview Questions

• Very informal questions
      Q. How many hours can you work? Are you flexible?
      Q. Can you work at a fast pace and in a fast paced environment?
      Q. How do you deal with repetitive tasks and how do you stay focused?
      Q. Where do you see yourself in 12 months?   Answer Question

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Retail (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

I got an email saying I was placed in the second round for the job, and would get a call to make an appointment for the interview. I went in and was taken to the stockroom, where I was given the task of taking clothes out the package, putting the security tag on, putting on the correct hanger for the clothes. The main thing in this job is accuracy, procession, and good pace. Plus I was also told the meaning of the tag, along with how clothes are placed in stock. Cause I was able to show the Interviewer that I really care about the product and want to do everything to the best of my ability, I was given the position and was not given any questions. I will say I did mess up a bit, but I corrected my mistake.
    At the end, I got the position on the day, along with £10 in cash and next voucher. I was told that I still need to improve and will do so as I get more used to the job.

Negotiation

Just be yourself, have fun, try to wow them with your awesomeness!

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Retail in February 2016.

Interview

Email received saying I was shortlisted, telephone call within next few days. Asked four questions.
    The interviewer was impressed with my answers and called back within the hour to arrange a team assessment.
    Attended the assessment, spent 10 minutes putting security tags on clothes and 10 minutes putting clothes away.
    I corrected a mistake, stock in wrong place, and they were impressed.
    Quick interview afterwards, very friendly and informal, was told I was successful at the end of the interview.
    £10 cash and £10 gift card for attending.

Interview Questions

• 1) What do you think is important to the role?
      2) how would your friends describe you?
      3) what is your greatest achievement?
      4) what are you passionate about/any hobbies?   Answer Question

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Next Retail (Cork (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call after a few working days. After a quick update on my personal details arranged a phone interview the next day. Passed the interview and proceeded to the final stage - team assessment. After 1h10min of stockroom work (children clothes) they told me that I would get a call later in the afternoon from someone from the company and I received Next shopping voucher. I never received the call, though, so I presume I didn't satisfy them.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you could help the company as a stockroom assistant?
      Have you had previous stockroom experience?
      What are you enthusiastic about?
      What is your greatest achievement up do date?   Answer Question

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Retail (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I had to fill in an application and they called me a few days later to schedule a telephone interview. It was very easy, just basic things such as how I work in a team etc. Then I was asked to go to the store and do some work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just be yourself. Don't worry too much about the telephone interview. It is pretty much chilled out.

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Next Retail (Romford, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job, received a call from them about 3 weeks later. Asked me if I was available for a telephone interview the next day which I said yes to.
    The woman asked me 4 very simple questions and said I would hear back the following week. The same evening she rung me up and offered me to come in store for an assessment. I was told that it would be a group interview.
    Went in and it was not a group interview I was the only person there!(small store so barely any room for me let alone more!) She said I did really well apart from hanging clothes and said I would hear back the next week. Couple hours later she rung offering me the position!

Stockroom Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Next Retail (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a week later received a phone call and spoke on the phone for five mins. She asked me who i am, what i enjoy to do, any experience basically just personal things then she said she would like to ring me tomorrow for a phone interview which lasted around 20 mins. She asked me what do i like to do apart from job related things, what i am passionate about, how i think my job will affect customer service although im not face to face interacting, what do i think i will be doing as a stockroom assistant, what i think about the way i work will effect other colleagues, what do i understand from team work, what do you think this job would bring you etc. then in the end she said to me she would like to invite me for a team assessment which i went in the morning. I went to the warehouse and straightaway they took me into practice without any further interview questions. A lady who has been working there so long showed me how to put size cubes, hang and security tag clothes. How to take them out of boxes etc i just done that for an hour and she spoke to me random things, it was very informal and fun. In the end of one hour another lady just gave me 10 pound next voucher and 10 pounds cash and said i will receive a call on monday to let me know. I didnt receive any answer yet but thought would be good to write and help if anyone got an interview

Interview Questions

• how your service would effect customers/ what are you passionate about/ team work?   2 Answers