Nextag Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nextag (San Mateo, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter. I had never heard of the company before - surprising, since they've been around for so long. Made it through the screen and joined for an in person interview a week or so later. That meeting went well and I was called back for a second interview with director and VPs. The group seemed fairly competent, but you could tell they did not have much experience with product management with a very small product management team.

I did not meet with the rest of the product management team, who would become my peers, which struck me as odd. In retrospect, it was like they were trying to hide something. Interview room was a total dump, office was a dump (I hear they've since moved), which I should have taken as a sign that they do not reinvest in the employees and company. Profits are milked from the cash cow by senior management and investors.

Interview questions were fine. "Describe how you would prioritize projects", "Describe how you do feature tests on the site", "What type of testing are you familiar with".

Interview Questions

• Describe the software management lifecycle process   Answer Question
  • what type of testing are you familiar with?   1 Answer
  • how do you prioritize projects?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried unsuccessfully to negotiate salary and stock increases. All in all, the offer was close to fair so I settled.