Nextag Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nextag (San Mateo, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

A fantastic company that provided all the details of the different departments to give a good idea of each job description. A lot of new initiatives being offered and a lot of opportunity.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nextag (San Mateo, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people: senior engineer, principal engineer and the director.
    All of them asked about previous job experience.
    Then they asked some brain teaser and technical questions.
    All the technical questions were database related:
    *) what type of indexing needed for a search engine
    *) what type of indexing needed to store words for spell checker

My only gripe about this interview was the engineers sometimes did not explain
    the problem very clearly. When I asked for more details, their hints were not helpful.

Interview Questions

• Write a SQL command that returns users' order history and the total cost of each order including shipping. There are 3 tables: users table, orders table, order details table.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nextag (San Mateo, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The recruiter found my resume online and contacted me for a Software Engineer position. We just exchanged emails and the recruiter sent me an online programming test to solve. It was a problem to find the number of perfect shuffles required to return the deck to its original order given a deck of nCards and cutting iCut number of cards from the top. I wrote the program in java and sent over the solution. After that I did not hear back from them. I thought I did pretty well. But overall, a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Write a programming test to solve a perfect card shuffle problem   Answer Question