NiSource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2017

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NiSource (Columbus, OH).

Interview

1-on-1 phone interview mostly going over resume, followed by a panel interview by about 4 staff members, a couple of STAR based questions. Took a long time to contact me after interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a manager?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NiSource.

Interview

I applied online to their website. I was selected for an initial phone interview and that was a very straight forward conversation with HR. Then, I was selected for a final round interview which they did over Facetime as I am not from the area. The final round interview was about 45-min long and there were 3 finance employees and the same contact from HR. Everything was communicated well.

Finance/Accounting Interview

Interview

Applied through their website, got invited down to their company where I interviewed there. It was me and four of their employees in the interview so kinda intimidating at first, but a more conversational interview. Basic concrete questions and then four behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• How did your work not live up to your employer's or professors's expectations and what did you do to improve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Been to at least 4 or more interviews, tedious process, did job fit analysis test, passed couple, just failed last one, same answers each time i took it??, usually have had at least 1 of the same onterviewers each time, panel questions.

General Interview

Application

I interviewed at NiSource in May 2016.

Interview

Gone through personality profile/psych test, went through aptitude test, then through the physical interview on May 18, 2016 with a two person panel. Thought I did very well and was told I will hear back either way once human resources makes their decision. Still haven't heard anything back, and attempted to send e-mail out as a follow up twice and get a general response back, almost as if it was computer generated. Tried to find a number to call to see when candidates will get or can expect to get a response back if they were chosen or not, but could not find number to call.

Interview Questions

• describe how you would deal with difficult customers, or employees and use real life situations that you have experienced to answer this.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NiSource.

Interview

Applied in November, heard back in January. The first round was a phone interview with three of their lead financial analysts with a behavioral focus. A couple weeks later I interviewed in person at their headquarters. Standard behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had conflict working in a group and how you handled it.   Answer Question

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NiSource (Bridgeville, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was casual and 99% of the interview consisted of 'name a time when....and what did you do'. My problem about the interview was when the one interviewer could not stop laughing when I was talking about a previous job I had because it was a job I had no experience in or even personally had any experience with....though I beat out, literally, over one thousand other applicants and was one of only a few picked. To her that was funny to the point of not even asking questions directly to me, as she was laughing and slapping the table asking the other interviewer the questions as if I did not exist, even his face got red from her behavior. I proceeded to answer her questions, though her questions, again were directed to the other interviewer not to me, were to degrade and belittle me. As an example, "WHY would ANYONE take a job they had NO EXPERIENCE with?!?!" "WHO does something like that?!?!", etc, etc. To repeat, this was all said loudly while laughing and slapping the table. Unprofessional to begin with, let alone ignorant beyond words. That will be the last interview I attend for Columbia Gas/Nisource, no amount of money is worth being treated like that, it shows what you will be treated like if you were an employee, disgusting behavior. To mention the job I had no experience in, but was chosen over so many others, it was a position that involves security, scrutiny and skill at the highest levels, but to her it meant nothing. In my opinion she was jealous, why else would she behave like she was straight out of the trailer park yet has a position at Columbia Gas that allows her to get away with how she acts.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NiSource (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a email next week about selecting a time period to do a phone interview. Questions are about resume, previous jobs and school activities. Then waited about 2 week and got an email for second interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NiSource in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then another with manager, then a panel interview, and finally an additional one on one interview with another manager. Mostly reviewed my resume and asked questions based on it. A few scenario questions, but nothing to make me feel blind-sided. Things that you would expect going into an interview. Professional and polite the whole time.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NiSource (Columbus, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a panel intetview which included the HR representative, team lead, and the manager. The interview started with me being asked to tell thdm about my background, worl history. They then asked what I enjoyed most about my most recent position. The remainder of the interview comsisted of situational questions. The atmosphere was professional but not intimidating. I felt comfortable and as if they were truly yrying to find out as much about me as possible including my personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you enjoyed most im your most recent role.   Answer Question