Niche.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Niche.com Interview Questions

Interviews at Niche.com

2.7

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Niche.com.

Interview

I enjoyed the interviews that I had with Niche and I would recommend everyone attempt to apply! The process is straightforward and starts with an initial phone screen with HR. This is to gauge if you are a good fit (quantitative, what you know about Niche, and etc.). This part was 30 minutes.

After that, the next stage is with a Hiring Manager for the role. This is to gauge what tools you've used. So my advice is to understand the tools you've used in the past and how you improved a metric using it. This interview was 45 minutes.

If you advance to the next stage, there is a three-hour case study that you are required to do. It's two parts and wants to measure if you know how to analyze a data set. The two questions are not related. One requires a statistical analysis for the answer and the second tests your knowledge of the sales process. It would be useful to know R.

If you get past the three-hour case study, the next part is a two-hour "super-day" with several members of the team. The first interview is a 45-minute review with 2 senior product analysts. This is the most technical part of the interview process. So know what is on your resume and the tools that you’ve worked with. Be ready to speak through your results.

The second stage is a 30 minute interview with a senior member of People Operations. This is to measure your behavioral skills. This interview went over in time, so I wasn't able to take a break. Why would I take a break when I am attempting to show my interest in the role?

The last stage of the interview was another 30-minute interview with the Hiring Manager. In this interview he asks for feedback about the case study, and proceeds to ask similar questions to our first interview. I was confused because I thought this was the last interview, this has been a lengthy process and stretched over a course of a month at this point. I was told that I was invited to the final interview the following week with the Director of Operations.

The final interview consisted of a 15- minute final interview with the Hiring Manager. At this point, I don't have many questions to ask because I've spent 1+ hours speaking with this individual. I enjoyed the conversations that I had with this individual. Nothing is discussed except why would I want to work for Niche and that this position is remote.

The last and final 30/45 - minute interview was with the COO. It seemed that he was in a rush. A few technical questions are asked in this interview. If I can remember, it was how would you define and measure a problem that he came up with on the spot. My advice is to understand statistical techniques and normalizing data. The other question is the 23-point example that was used multiple times during this interview process. To be honest, I felt like I was bothering this individual when I was interviewing.

In the end, I sent a thank you note to each individual that I've interviewed with. They said that they will contact me by the end of the week. I followed up with them as well. It has been 2/3 weeks and no communication as of yet. My issue is this interview process was a total of 7 hours and stretched over the course of a month and a half. I’ll accept the decision, but to be ghosted at the end is horrible business practice. One of Niche’s values is to be candid. This interview process was far from that and I am disappointed in the lack of transparency.

Business and Analytics Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Niche.com in March 2020.

Interview

The interview process had many steps that took a significant amount of time. I met with several people on the team and also did a case study for them. After almost two months of interviewing with Niche and making it to the final round, I never heard back from them. I even sent a follow up email, to which I received no reply. The way I found out I did not get the position was when they took down the job posting on their website. Please do not waste your time with this company, they do not care about being respectful.

Interview Questions

• Do you have Google Analytics experience?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Niche.com in September 2019.

Interview

Phone screening with HR
    Phone screening with Product team
    Product Management case studies take home

Once I submitted the answers to the case study it took about a week before a got a templated "rejection" email. After 2 interviews and spending personal time doing a "take home project", I wish they would have sent a more personal email and feedback.

Interview Questions

• What feature would I migrate from web view to native app to take advantage of native app features   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Niche.com.

Interview

Contacted by the Director of People Development to schedule a phone screen. Call began friendly, then seemed to deviate to questions about my former employer, and how I was successful there, in my former role. A reference was drawn to two negative associations of my past employers which I found unprofessional. This came up twice in the initial phone screen and also with the second round phone screen with the sales manager. He then asked me to tell some personal things about myself and how my experience links to the role. Also told I was being moved to second round of phone interview only because I knew several people working there. At that point, I felt my skills were undervalued, I felt somewhat demoralized, and wondered why they were moving me on at all, but I followed the request for a phone interview with the sales manager. I thoroughly prepared for this role and felt I answered all the questions on point. The call seemed very random however, and I could hear disturbances in the background on speaker phone, or perhaps I was being taped or listened to by a panel; not certain. Also during the call the mute button was hit twice and I had to say hello several times and there was no response. Also, at one point I was asked to hold while he took care of something in the background. The entire interview gave me the impression that he was not listening from the beginning of the call. Not sure why I was asked to return for a second interview if they felt this strongly about my inability to perform in this role. (As that question about how I qualify to perform in this role was asked of me three times in the second interview in three different ways). At the end of the second screen, he raced to get off the phone, but I felt that I had covered all bases in my questioning, so I felt that he was simply busy and I would be called in for the in person interview. Yet, within a day I received the generic, prefabricated rejection email. I wrote a very kind email asking for feedback, to improve my interviewing process in the future if I reapply...I also asked if I am free to reapply? I received no response in return. After sitting back and thinking about how this was handled, it just left a very awful feeling that I was being prejudged somehow and they never intended to move forward with me in the first place. In retrospect, I feel that things happen for the better, because I am glad not to be a part of an atmosphere that in my experience , was not inclusive.

Interview Questions

• Based on your previous experience, how can your skills contribute to this role?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Niche.com (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2019.

Interview

I am writing this review because I don’t want any other job candidate to experience what I have the past few weeks with Niche.

I applied to an Account Executive position. After the phone screen, the manager scheduled a face to face interview with me for the following week. Once it was scheduled, he emailed me to change the day from Thursday to Wednesday, which was certainly fine (Though I wonder if he would have been as flexible). He said: “This day/time will allow for more people to meet with you when you visit.” So he reschedules the interview because these other people were available only on that day.

Then I go in for the interview. He asked the exact same questions as he did over the phone (you could tell that he didn’t think I noticed). He was very condescending, arrogant, and full of himself. I think that he was hoping he would catch me in a lie for self-gratification since he was apparently trying to find a reason to eliminate me. Meanwhile, the interview lasted 55 minutes. At the end of the interview, he proceeds to tell me that he would email me “mid to late next week” to bring me back in to meet with the other team leaders (the ones I was scheduled to meet with that day). He went on about how one was sick, etc….”you know how that goes” he said. I could tell he was lying. How stupid does he think candidates are? And quit wasting their time.

I followed up about ten days later, once the time had passed. No response. I figured at the very least I deserved an answer (by the way, never thanked me for coming in). Nothing. Then I sent a second follow-up. Ten minutes later, he had HR send me a generic response saying that they have moved on to other candidates.

As it turned out, I am relieved that I did not get an offer. I would never want to work for an arrogant liar. My advice to this manager is to be upfront and honest with candidates and treat others the way you would want to be treated. And by the way, don’t text during a job interview (I’m sure you would automatically eliminate a candidate if the shoe was on the other foot). And don’t think you’re being sly about asking the same questions while wasting my time driving into the city to meet with you.

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Niche.com in February 2019.

Interview

It took one week to get an email inviting for phone screening. The recruiter who contacted me did not explain the position.
    Only behavioral questions were asked, not technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little about yourself? Who you are?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Niche.com (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2019.

Interview

The vice president interview me. I introduced myself and talk about one project on my resume. The overall process is good. He talked a lot about supply chain and promised me to recommend me to hr.

Product Analyst (Growth), New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Niche.com in November 2018.

Interview

I was first contacted to set up a phone interview with the HR rep. The initial phone screen went really well, the interviewer gave a lot of positive feedback and strongly implied that I would be moving on to the next round of interviews.

A few weeks later, I got an email form the Product Manager stating that there was a technical challenge they wanted me to complete within three business days. The HR rep from the initial phone screen mentioned nothing about a challenge when I asked about next steps in the hiring process, but it wasn't big deal. I didn't mind completing a challenge.

The challenge consisted of three case study questions. They were "real" problems that the product team would face in their daily work. I had two hours to complete, and I thought I did really well, but got contacted a week or two later saying that they're moving on with different candidates.

Overall a pretty decent interview experience, although the process seemed a little bit unorganized. In the initial phone screen, the HR rep said that he was the only HR rep, relatively new, and they wanted him to "throw together" a plan to hire a new grad product analyst. He also said that it was kind of last minute that they decided to do so. He said that the next step after the phone screen would be an in person on-site interview, but they then contacted me unexpectedly with the challenge questions.

I was a little bit disappointed that they declined me as it seems like a great company to work for and I thought it would be a good fit. Oh well, their loss. If it wasn't meant to be, I'll find something better.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR questions and scenarios in the phone screen. Three "real" open ended case study questions for the challenge.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shadyside, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Niche.com (Shadyside, PA).

Interview

HR was extremely unprofessional and gave irrational, absurd answers as to why I was not suitable for a
    position that I certainly was qualified for. Close-minded staff members. Completely wasted my time and gave me conflicting answers.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Niche.com (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

I found the interviewers to be short sighted and hung up on small things related to my experience. Because I had worked with agencies in my previous roles (large company, big budget), they looked down on that and didn’t think I was in the weeds enough to contribute which was a very inaccurate impression that I could not overcome. I’m very disappointed because I know 100% I would have made an impact there.