Nielsen ARC Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 23, 2017

3.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

First an Aptitude was conducted testing your verbal and analytical skills.
Then the HR round and two technical rounds.
Difficulty of technical rounds was high.
thorough understanding of market research methodologies is must.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through the the online job portal, then after a week got mail a for the aptitude test.
    Aptitude test had three sections quant based, case study, a report writing and a grammar test..
    The level of difficulty was high for quant as compared to other section. One really has to manage time to be able to attempt all those section

ARC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in December 2009.

Interview

There is a fairly difficult aptitude test. If you clear their internal cut offs then you will get interview call.

3 Rounds of interviews. First with HR, then with Team Leaders and finally with Associate Manager.

Interview Questions

• You said Uniqueness was an important characteristic for a new product to be launched? Will you buy a black colored toothpaste which is so very unique.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No opportunity to negotiate.

ARC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

A 90 min Aptitude test (Quants+English++ logical +2 marketing case studies ) followed by GD and final PI round . Quantitative questions were mostly about profit and loss , percentages , ratios .

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you price a premium mineral water bottle being launched in Indian Market ?
      2. given a 3 ltr jar and a 4 ltr jar with unlimited supply of water , how would you identify 2 ltr of water ?
      3. why is pizza box square in shape ?
      4. past experiences and family background   Answer Question

ARC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chinchpokli (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chinchpokli (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

CAT based Apti Round, if one clears dat then Hr round, then Technical round,followed by an interview witn VP, then again HR round

The HR Team from Nielsen never responds on time to share your result about the interview. This has not only happened at chinchpokli but also at vikhroli. Disappointed!!!

Interview Questions

• Market Research related Question In HR And Technical Round   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

First Round - Aptitute Test (Maths & English section) + Market Research Case studies + Logical Reasoning. It went pretty good especially mathematical case studies, similar to MBA entrance exams. Most being multiple choices with case studies being subjective written types. Gave us a total time duration of 90 mins. Were also told about the min. cutoff to clear the same.
    Second Round : HR interview
    Third Round : Technical interview related to basic marketing & market research concepts

Interview Questions

• HR Interview:
      Why neilsen? What is so special about this role? etc.

Technical Interview:
      7P's of Marketing mix? Types of Primary research? etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

First Round was aptitude test. (elimination round)
    was quite easy.
    there was also a case study which was average
    then there was a HR round (also tested subject knowledge)
    after that was technical round (was given a situation to handle)

Interview Questions

• Questions about:
      market research, its steps and processes,
      bcg matrix, swot analysis, new product development, product life cycle,
      read philip kotler before the interview and it would be a cake walk for you   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

1st round - Aptitude test. Very important to clear all the sections of the test. It has 5 sections one being logical reasoning, Quantitative , Questionnaire building, Case study and English vocabulary section.
    2nd round - Hr Round
    3rd round - Interview with the account manager.
    4th Round - Interview with the senior member of the team.
    5th and last round - with the Bussines head

Interview Questions

• Why research?
      Why Nielsen
      How will you convince companies to take up market research before launching a new product in the market?
      If you were to fill this meeting room with basketball , how many balls will you require to fill it.   Answer Question

ARC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

They screen you with an Aptitude test which people say in general is difficult but I found it quite easy. Here they test your English by asking you to correct sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms etc. Nothing too high level.
    Then they have initial HR round followed by 2 technical rounds after which I got the offer

Interview Questions

• If you have 2 asymmetrical vessels of 3 Ltrs and 5 Ltrs with an unlimited water supply, How will you measure 4 ltrs of water?   1 Answer
    • How many footballs would it take to fill this entire room?   1 Answer
    • What has been a major mistake in your life and how did you manager it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were offering a salary way below my current salary but I simply said that I cannot go below this. I didn't say much after that and was willing to walk out of the interview which is when they reconsidered their offer.

ARC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New Delhi (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Campus recruitment: Written Aptitude, Telephonic Hr, Telephonic Technical, Finally VP round or just an interaction if you get selected after technical round. HR and technical may happen on the same day.