Nielsen ARC Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 23, 2017

3.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ARC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

A 90 min Aptitude test (Quants+English++ logical +2 marketing case studies ) followed by GD and final PI round . Quantitative questions were mostly about profit and loss , percentages , ratios .

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you price a premium mineral water bottle being launched in Indian Market ?
    2. given a 3 ltr jar and a 4 ltr jar with unlimited supply of water , how would you identify 2 ltr of water ?
    3. why is pizza box square in shape ?
    4. past experiences and family background   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

ARC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chinchpokli (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chinchpokli (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

CAT based Apti Round, if one clears dat then Hr round, then Technical round,followed by an interview witn VP, then again HR round

The HR Team from Nielsen never responds on time to share your result about the interview. This has not only happened at chinchpokli but also at vikhroli. Disappointed!!!

Interview Questions

• Market Research related Question In HR And Technical Round   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

First Round - Aptitute Test (Maths & English section) + Market Research Case studies + Logical Reasoning. It went pretty good especially mathematical case studies, similar to MBA entrance exams. Most being multiple choices with case studies being subjective written types. Gave us a total time duration of 90 mins. Were also told about the min. cutoff to clear the same.
    Second Round : HR interview
    Third Round : Technical interview related to basic marketing & market research concepts

Interview Questions

• HR Interview:
      Why neilsen? What is so special about this role? etc.

Technical Interview:
      7P's of Marketing mix? Types of Primary research? etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

First Round was aptitude test. (elimination round)
    was quite easy.
    there was also a case study which was average
    then there was a HR round (also tested subject knowledge)
    after that was technical round (was given a situation to handle)

Interview Questions

• Questions about:
      market research, its steps and processes,
      bcg matrix, swot analysis, new product development, product life cycle,
      read philip kotler before the interview and it would be a cake walk for you   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

1st round - Aptitude test. Very important to clear all the sections of the test. It has 5 sections one being logical reasoning, Quantitative , Questionnaire building, Case study and English vocabulary section.
    2nd round - Hr Round
    3rd round - Interview with the account manager.
    4th Round - Interview with the senior member of the team.
    5th and last round - with the Bussines head

Interview Questions

• Why research?
      Why Nielsen
      How will you convince companies to take up market research before launching a new product in the market?
      If you were to fill this meeting room with basketball , how many balls will you require to fill it.   Answer Question

ARC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

They screen you with an Aptitude test which people say in general is difficult but I found it quite easy. Here they test your English by asking you to correct sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms etc. Nothing too high level.
    Then they have initial HR round followed by 2 technical rounds after which I got the offer

Interview Questions

• If you have 2 asymmetrical vessels of 3 Ltrs and 5 Ltrs with an unlimited water supply, How will you measure 4 ltrs of water?   1 Answer
    • How many footballs would it take to fill this entire room?   1 Answer
    • What has been a major mistake in your life and how did you manager it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were offering a salary way below my current salary but I simply said that I cannot go below this. I didn't say much after that and was willing to walk out of the interview which is when they reconsidered their offer.

ARC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New Delhi (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Campus recruitment: Written Aptitude, Telephonic Hr, Telephonic Technical, Finally VP round or just an interaction if you get selected after technical round. HR and technical may happen on the same day.

ARC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Pune (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

1st round was Aptitude test followed by 3 rounds of personal interview. Aptitude test included quantitative questions, writing skills and grammar questions. Quantitative questions are easy but tricky in the form of long questions. The next round of interview is more like an HR round followed by a technical round. Both of which includes your past experiences, situational questions and analytical skills testing. The third round was a telephonic round interview which was completely HR oriented.

Interview Questions

• Example of market research of a company that went wrong.   1 Answer

ARC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Lengthy and comprehensive. there were five rounds. The first four were telephonic and last round was Personal interview. The interviews revolved around the research process and new product development process. there were gestimation questions involved. the first round is the HR round , with basic CV based questions. the second and third round is technical. Theory about research methodologies are asked. tyoes of research , when to use what method of research .

Interview Questions

• research methodologies and types of research   1 Answer

ARC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

The test was a bit difficult on the aptitude side. The paper was to be solved in not more than 90 minutes.
    The paper had 10 questions from math aptitude, few questions for English communication and a product analysis.

Interview Questions

• The math question were from percentages, profit and loss, ratios. They were CAT level.
      A product description about a soap product called the UNISOAP was given. The researcher had jotted down some points like the soap is all in one, used for all purposes around the house from cleaning clothes to washing hair. The product had saloon like results for the hair wash. A price tag was given but a comparision was not provided. The soap was break and dissolve quickly etc.
      We had to write a letter to the VP of the company for convincing him about the product.
      A passage was given we had to fix the correct word, words, look at the alphabet case, punctuation etc.t   Answer Question