Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough and professional. Approximately 2 months from beginning to end. Phone screening with recruiter, online assessment, one hour phone interview with team member, then on-site with 3 other team members. Recruiter was very professional, and in general everyone I came in contact with was genuine, intelligent, and had a balance of making me feel at ease while asking good pointed questions. If you do your homework and are enthusiastic about the career path then you will, at the very least, be in the running.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nielsen?
    Why do you think you are a good fit for the position?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I had 4 interviews total over a 3 month period. First was with a phone interview with a Nielsen recruiter. I has to take an online timed assessment and pass to continue on. The assessment contained questions about my personality and problem solving skills/abilities. Second was a phone interview with a manager two weeks after the first. Third was an in person interview with the manager from the second phone interview and another manager. It was about 1.5 weeks after the second interview. The fourth and final interview was a month after the third. I met with the director of the Center of Excellence.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 of your strengths?   1 Answer
    • Why should we consider you for the job?   Answer Question
    • We would like to add a new type of milk at a grocery store. There is only enough shelf space for 3 types. The new milk is chocolate. The current offerings are nonfat, 1% and 2% milk. Of the 3 current offerings which would you select to be removed and replaced by the chocolate?   1 Answer
    • What attracted you to Nielsen? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize your time?   Answer Question
    • A country has six seaports, E, F, G, H, I and J, where ships only run from:
      J to E
      J to I
      J to G
      I to H

If G port is closed, which of the following trips is impossible?
      1 Answer
    • Six people, A, B, C, D, E, and F are ranked by tenure with the company; the person with the most tenure is ranked highest.

A is ranked above B.
      E is ranked above both C and D.

The ranking from highest to lowest reads: F, ?, C, A, ?, ?, where the question marks stand for B, D and E in some ordering?

Referring to the above information, which placement listed below is possible?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First, I had a basic phone interview with HR to see if I was a good match for the position. After a week I had another phone interview with the manager of the position. She had my resume in front of her and asked me questions based on my skills and the required skills for this position. She was very down-to-Earth, which made me feel a lot more calm. At the time, they were changing a lot of their procedures so, they took a while to reach out to me and tell me where I stood in the interview process. I did not get offered this job, however, a manager from Nielsen reached out to me for a different position a few weeks afterward. So, they do keep your resume on file and may contact you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a Human Resources representative. They asked me questions that were related to the job description and wanted to know more about me. I asked why I was declined a second interview but they did not tell me.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard, they asked about my background in specific skills for the job and why I would be a good fit for the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, then came in on-site for a test with several other applicants. I later had a panel interview with three separate people that took an afternoon. I followed up but they never got back to me after I spent a lot of time with them. Really soured me on the company and how they treat people.

Interview Questions

• What might be some challenges to overcome in bringing a US sports team to China?   Answer Question

Nielsen Response

May 13, 2016 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Hello- Thank you for your interest in Nielsen and for participating in our selection process. I very sincerely apologize that no one got back to you. I'm not sure what happened in this instance ... More

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Shanghai, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

The manager was very nice. I was asked to introduce myself briefly. He also asked a lot about the method used in market research, and some of my previous experiences in market research.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

They found my resume on a job site, then they contacted me. They told me about the analyst internship and that I may be a good fit. There was a total of 2 phone calls. The first one was with someone from HR. She just wanted to get a better feel of who I was; very general. After that I was contacted to set up the second phone call, but with the people who would be my managers. They were great. We mainly spoke about my resume and experience.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Two weeks later, I received an email requesting a phone interview in the next two days. The interviewer called me 20 minutes late on our agreed upon date and time. She asked me basic questions about my resume and asked a few logic questions. At the end of the interview, she asked what my availability for an in-person interview was and also emailed a link to take an aptitude test. You have 7 days to complete the test. It is a series of problem solving questions and you have 3 minutes to read and answer them. I took the test and sent an email to the recruiter to make sure that it was received, but never got a response back. About two weeks after I submitted the test, I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What factors would you need to take into consideration when asked to determine the average number of miles run on treadmills in gyms across the United States in the month of May?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview Process took over 2 months. First spoke with an internal recruiter who was very nice, but did not always clearly communicate some of the details of the different phone interviews that were taking place. Spoke with 3 different people on a phone interview and then came in for a 3 hour in-person interview. Overall the in-person interview was very informative and went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know how I would handle difficult client situations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oldsmar, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

asked questions and had a pleasant experience,related to background main tasks priorities. also asked if I would relocate and move to headquarter in Florida or Chicago. offered 45k and benefits for the job. interesting company for sure. great people.