Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I had 4 interviews total over a 3 month period. First was with a phone interview with a Nielsen recruiter. I has to take an online timed assessment and pass to continue on. The assessment contained questions about my personality and problem solving skills/abilities. Second was a phone interview with a manager two weeks after the first. Third was an in person interview with the manager from the second phone interview and another manager. It was about 1.5 weeks after the second interview. The fourth and final interview was a month after the third. I met with the director of the Center of Excellence.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 of your strengths?   Answer Question
  • Why should we consider you for the job?   Answer Question
  • We would like to add a new type of milk at a grocery store. There is only enough shelf space for 3 types. The new milk is chocolate. The current offerings are nonfat, 1% and 2% milk. Of the 3 current offerings which would you select to be removed and replaced by the chocolate?   1 Answer
  • What attracted you to Nielsen? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
  • How do you prioritize your time?   Answer Question
  • A country has six seaports, E, F, G, H, I and J, where ships only run from:
    J to E
    J to I
    J to G
    I to H

If G port is closed, which of the following trips is impossible?
    1 Answer
  • Six people, A, B, C, D, E, and F are ranked by tenure with the company; the person with the most tenure is ranked highest.

A is ranked above B.
    E is ranked above both C and D.

The ranking from highest to lowest reads: F, ?, C, A, ?, ?, where the question marks stand for B, D and E in some ordering?

Referring to the above information, which placement listed below is possible?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First, I had a basic phone interview with HR to see if I was a good match for the position. After a week I had another phone interview with the manager of the position. She had my resume in front of her and asked me questions based on my skills and the required skills for this position. She was very down-to-Earth, which made me feel a lot more calm. At the time, they were changing a lot of their procedures so, they took a while to reach out to me and tell me where I stood in the interview process. I did not get offered this job, however, a manager from Nielsen reached out to me for a different position a few weeks afterward. So, they do keep your resume on file and may contact you.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process is smooth and the manager is very friendly. Most of interview time is to go over the resume. So remember to be familiar with your resume very well. The manager introduced the job function.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me more about your past internship experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oldsmar, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

asked questions and had a pleasant experience,related to background main tasks priorities. also asked if I would relocate and move to headquarter in Florida or Chicago. offered 45k and benefits for the job. interesting company for sure. great people.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for an intern position of marketing effectiveness division in 2015 summer (Shanghai office). Only one round and they will let you know their decision. Asked your background and skill set. Also asked what kind of market research (CPG, telecommunication etc) interests you and your knowledge of these industries. Very friendly and quick reply.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Got call from recruiter and interview was scheduled after couple of days. After the first interview, case study and maths questions was tough. you need to prepare all cat level questions so prepare it from very good book then it had case as normal one.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2015.

Interview

It's great. The employer didn't put any pressure during the interview. It was a good time to talk with them. They asked you a lot about your background and the project you did before. So prepare well for the your resume.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Lisbon (Portugal)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a 3 person panel interview (1 HR and 2 Team Leaders) for a couple of job openings at Nielsen Portugal (Global Client Liaison / Analyst).

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background and experience and described both available job openings at that time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a Human Resources representative. They asked me questions that were related to the job description and wanted to know more about me. I asked why I was declined a second interview but they did not tell me.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard, they asked about my background in specific skills for the job and why I would be a good fit for the job.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)) in July 2015.

Interview

First, you have to send your resume to hr's email. Then they will invite qualified candidates on site, they use quantitative test to filter out some candidates, and then the excel test and finally those who pass the excel test will get the interview chance.