Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2017

124 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. We had an initial written test and after that I just had one round of interview from an AM and he asked all the logical questions to evaluate my thought process. Others have had 3-4 rounds of interviews during recruitment.

Interview Questions

• How many signals are there from your home till this office?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in January 2016.

Interview

I had an initial meeting with HR, followed by a skills test and then a technical presentation to a panel. I received an offer on the day of my panel presentation.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I applied through my college's career site. Had to attend a "pre night" the night before which consisted of meeting our interviewer and him not being able to answer many questions and saying he never interviewed anyone before. It made me feel worse rather than better. The interview itself was 45 minutes long. Half standard behavioral questions and half marketing and case questions. Despite this job description not requiring a marketing degree or even a class, you really needed it to succeed in this interview. I'm not sure why i was even selected, when they could see i had no background in marketing. Then we had to take a 45 minute online test, half personality questions which felt like they were there to trick you, and half logic questions mostly about knowing the order of things and relationships. Got rejected 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• How many slices of pizza are eaten a year in Manhattan?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, it lasted for 20 mins around. asked working or academic experience . talent acquisition gave me a JD briefing and said u can choose from two directions. which one do you like

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Taipei (Taiwan)) in July 2015.

Interview

1.Phone interview with HR manager
    2.Face-to-Face interview with HR manager
    3.Offer presentation material and interviewee will have 40 minutes to prepare a 15 mins English presentation
    4.English Presentation to managers
    5.Interview with them
    6.HR manager came back and wrap up this whole interview process
    I got only one interview but I heard the situation changed a lot because some of my colleagues have more than 2 times to finish the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Short introduction and how does your family affect you?
      Q: Why do you apply for this position?
      Q:Quickly introduce your past experience?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Markham, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was asked to come in for the interview at their Markham office and the HR person was sweet but the Walmart Marketing team was extremely rude. The Manager and the VP were not friendly and were persistently asking if I wanted the job and showed no interest in my background except for pointing out that I come from a different background. Then they said they would let me know in a week's time and failed to get back to me on time.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough and professional. Approximately 2 months from beginning to end. Phone screening with recruiter, online assessment, one hour phone interview with team member, then on-site with 3 other team members. Recruiter was very professional, and in general everyone I came in contact with was genuine, intelligent, and had a balance of making me feel at ease while asking good pointed questions. If you do your homework and are enthusiastic about the career path then you will, at the very least, be in the running.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nielsen?
      Why do you think you are a good fit for the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I had 4 interviews total over a 3 month period. First was with a phone interview with a Nielsen recruiter. I has to take an online timed assessment and pass to continue on. The assessment contained questions about my personality and problem solving skills/abilities. Second was a phone interview with a manager two weeks after the first. Third was an in person interview with the manager from the second phone interview and another manager. It was about 1.5 weeks after the second interview. The fourth and final interview was a month after the third. I met with the director of the Center of Excellence.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 of your strengths?   1 Answer
    • Why should we consider you for the job?   Answer Question
    • We would like to add a new type of milk at a grocery store. There is only enough shelf space for 3 types. The new milk is chocolate. The current offerings are nonfat, 1% and 2% milk. Of the 3 current offerings which would you select to be removed and replaced by the chocolate?   1 Answer
    • What attracted you to Nielsen? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize your time?   Answer Question
    • A country has six seaports, E, F, G, H, I and J, where ships only run from:
      J to I
      J to G
      I to H

If G port is closed, which of the following trips is impossible?   3 Answers
    • Six people, A, B, C, D, E, and F are ranked by tenure with the company; the person with the most tenure is ranked highest.

A is ranked above B.
      E is ranked above both C and D.

The ranking from highest to lowest reads: F, ?, C, A, ?, ?, where the question marks stand for B, D and E in some ordering?

Referring to the above information, which placement listed below is possible?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First, I had a basic phone interview with HR to see if I was a good match for the position. After a week I had another phone interview with the manager of the position. She had my resume in front of her and asked me questions based on my skills and the required skills for this position. She was very down-to-Earth, which made me feel a lot more calm. At the time, they were changing a lot of their procedures so, they took a while to reach out to me and tell me where I stood in the interview process. I did not get offered this job, however, a manager from Nielsen reached out to me for a different position a few weeks afterward. So, they do keep your resume on file and may contact you.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process is smooth and the manager is very friendly. Most of interview time is to go over the resume. So remember to be familiar with your resume very well. The manager introduced the job function.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me more about your past internship experience?   Answer Question