Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

Asked a lot of questions about problem-solving and analytical thinking experience. How does Nielsen fit into your career path? Everyone was very nice and helpful, but it was hard to read whether they liked you or not.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to use problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for a few jobs and heard back regarding one of them about a month later. I had an HR phone screen where we then scheduled another phone interview with a VP. After this interview, I received three more Skype interviews, which I think would be in-person if you're closer to one of the offices. This process lasted maybe 3-4 weeks since the initial screen. I got an offer about a week after the final interview for a job starting two months from then.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nielsen? Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this position? What do you know about Nielsen? If we told a client Initiative X was good and they should go for it, what are some reasons they might decide not to? Division-specific real-world/practice questions. They definitely wanted to hear you work through them, see if you had what it takes to do analytics.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was directed to complete an analytical assessment after the phone interview. The link for the assessment was broken, and there was no follow-up. Didn't make a great impression of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It follows the hiring process. The first round is a general phone call from HR and then I received an Excel test to finish in three days. Then I didn't hear back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

30 min phone interview with HR. I was asked to take test online. 2 days after I took the test, they moved me to next telephone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted 1 hour and all the questions were about regression and SAS. Then I got invited to 6 hour onsite interview. Talked to 5 directors. All the questions were about modeling in SAS. No behavioral questions. I completely enjoyed the interview. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about modeling in SAS. what are the advantages or disadvantages of using proc sql over data step to merge two data sets? Asked me to explain my projects I listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

3.5 hours total. Lunch from 12-1pm where you speak to an employee and can ask questions/have a general conversation. 1-2:30, speak to 3 different people for 30 minutes each where they ask you basic behavioral and market sizing questions. Lunch was great and really helpful, helped me relax. Talking to the three different interviewers were fairly easy but the market sizing questions, I was not prepared for.

Interview Questions

• How many miles are run on a treadmill on a day in February?   Answer Question
    • How many students ride the campus bus in a day? Assuming student population of 25,000   Answer Question
    • If you had a client with a premium product on the shelf at a retailer store that was not being successful, how would you convince the retailer owner to keep the product on the shelf?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Wilton, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

First was HR contacted me and I had a brief HR screening interview. After the interview I was told that I would need to take an online assessment. The online assessment was basic math questions, personality questions and a few profit/loss questions. After the test, received feedback and was scheduled to speak to one of the managers. Interview was a mix of market sizing questions, marketing concept questions and behavioral questions. Final round was an onsite interview with one manager and two vp's. For the most part of it was a conversation.

Interview Questions

• How many slices of Pizza are eaten in your school every year?
      What factors affect forecasted sales volume.
      Tell me about a time you worked on an analytical project.
      Various promotional strategies.
      What factors should you consider when launching a new product?
      One cake brainteaser questions that's been repeated.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Very flexible.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the company website. Got an email to set up a phone screen with HR. Quick 30 min. HR screen that is standard among most companies. Discussed responsibilities of the position, client you'd be working with and your qualifications. This led to an online analytical assessment. Not very difficult, similar to quantitative GMAT questions. Called an email a few days later to set up phone interview with the hiring manager. Discussed role and resume/experience more in depth. A few days later got an email from HR about setting up a date to fly out to meet with the team (I was applying from out of state). Met with client director, SVP, client manager and associate client manager. All interviews were conversational, no unexpected questions. It was a very comfortable, laid back interview which I extremely enjoyed.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process is smooth and the manager is very friendly. Most of interview time is to go over the resume. So remember to be familiar with your resume very well. The manager introduced the job function.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me more about your past internship experience?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through career services and had an interview on campus. Interview lasted 45 minutes with one person, be prepared with a lot of questions because she gave me a good 10 minutes to ask questions!!

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions in the beginning, why I wanted to work there, and 3 case questions. The case questions were 1) M&M's has released a premium m&m product at a high price, but has seen slow sales. What would you tell your retailers in order for them to let you keep the product in stores? 2) On average, how would you go about figuring out how many student ride the campus bus in a given week. 3) Coke is thinking about releasing a craft beer in the market. What kind of data/statistics/research should they do before releasing it.   Answer Question