Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2017

124 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Oldsmar, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oldsmar, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

asked questions and had a pleasant experience,related to background main tasks priorities. also asked if I would relocate and move to headquarter in Florida or Chicago. offered 45k and benefits for the job. interesting company for sure. great people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, 1 online test and one in person interview.

The first interview was a little hard. they asked Q)"how many miles are run on a treadmill on saturday in a month of may in USA" they are looking to see how your thinking process work, so don't worry about the number. I also was asked to walk through my resume. Q) Behavioural questions such as tell me about a time you didn't meet client's expectation and how was relationship with them afterward?

Online assessment test was fairly easy, it had few math questions and the rest were personality based questions

Second (45 minute) interview was more of conversational and was pleasant. Just asked if i have analytical experience and how well I know excel. Q) What kind of functions you know in Excel? do you know pivot table or vlookup?

Third interview was with 3 different people for 45 min each. (I got a call 2 days after, they didn't tell me the reason why I didn't get the job)

Interview Questions

• Q) How many miles are run on a treadmill on saturday in a month of may in USA? Q) Behavioural questions such as tell me about a time you didn't meet client's expectation and how was relationship with them afterward? Q) What kind of functions you know in Excel? do you know pivot table or vlookup? Q) How do you prioritize projects if they were all due in the same week?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Wilton, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process can get a little intense. I started with a basic HR phone screen. The next round was to complete an online test. It lasted 1.5 hours and contained a mix of psychology questions (e.g. "You like to work in groups." Agree/Disagree) and logic/word problems/brain teasers. It was intense because each question was timed. Sometimes you need a little more time for some questions, other times you have time left over. Either way, you have to be on top of your game to answer it. I would say difficulty was average, but the timing factor makes it exhausting and hard.

After the assessment, I had a case study type interview with a VP over Skype. It was very straightforward and involved interpreting regression output. You should study basic regressions. I was asked what each coefficient means, how to tell it's significant, what the R squared means. Following the data interpretation, I was asked how would you advise the client to budget? It was long, but doable. No trick questions and the VP helped me out when I was visibly stuck..

Following the case interview, I had three behavioral interviews via Skype with VPs and Managers. They were very relaxed and informal. Typical behavioral interview, with some light + easy brain teasers thrown in.

Huge huge huge pro for Nielsen is the HR organization. I have interviewed at many companies and I Have NEVER seen such good organization as Nielsen's HR. They have very quick turnaround times, are very professional, reliable, and friendly. I hope more companies can have as great an HR department as Nielsen. It made the interview process way more bearable.

Interview Questions

• What is a regression?
      Tell me about a time there was conflict in your team?
      Why Nielsen?
      What sets you apart?
      Brain teaser: you have 8 balls and a balance scale. One ball is heavier than the rest (rest are all equal weight). You have 2 tries to weigh the balls and see which ball is heavier. How would you do it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online on Nielsen career website. Received an email to set up a phone interview. Felt the interview went well and was told they would need to talk to and exchange notes with the rest of the team to know how to proceed next. Was told regardless of whether or not I would continue to the next round, I would receive an email by the end of the week on my status. Never received an email on my application status or any response to a follow-up email I sent.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

Asked a lot of questions about problem-solving and analytical thinking experience. How does Nielsen fit into your career path? Everyone was very nice and helpful, but it was hard to read whether they liked you or not.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to use problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in November 2015.

Interview

I applied for a few jobs and heard back regarding one of them about a month later. I had an HR phone screen where we then scheduled another phone interview with a VP. After this interview, I received three more Skype interviews, which I think would be in-person if you're closer to one of the offices. This process lasted maybe 3-4 weeks since the initial screen. I got an offer about a week after the final interview for a job starting two months from then.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nielsen? Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this position? What do you know about Nielsen? If we told a client Initiative X was good and they should go for it, what are some reasons they might decide not to? Division-specific real-world/practice questions. They definitely wanted to hear you work through them, see if you had what it takes to do analytics.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was directed to complete an analytical assessment after the phone interview. The link for the assessment was broken, and there was no follow-up. Didn't make a great impression of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It follows the hiring process. The first round is a general phone call from HR and then I received an Excel test to finish in three days. Then I didn't hear back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

30 min phone interview with HR. I was asked to take test online. 2 days after I took the test, they moved me to next telephone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted 1 hour and all the questions were about regression and SAS. Then I got invited to 6 hour onsite interview. Talked to 5 directors. All the questions were about modeling in SAS. No behavioral questions. I completely enjoyed the interview. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about modeling in SAS. what are the advantages or disadvantages of using proc sql over data step to merge two data sets? Asked me to explain my projects I listed on my resume.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

3.5 hours total. Lunch from 12-1pm where you speak to an employee and can ask questions/have a general conversation. 1-2:30, speak to 3 different people for 30 minutes each where they ask you basic behavioral and market sizing questions. Lunch was great and really helpful, helped me relax. Talking to the three different interviewers were fairly easy but the market sizing questions, I was not prepared for.

Interview Questions

• How many miles are run on a treadmill on a day in February?   Answer Question
    • How many students ride the campus bus in a day? Assuming student population of 25,000   Answer Question
    • If you had a client with a premium product on the shelf at a retailer store that was not being successful, how would you convince the retailer owner to keep the product on the shelf?   Answer Question