Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

120 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the company website. Got an email to set up a phone screen with HR. Quick 30 min. HR screen that is standard among most companies. Discussed responsibilities of the position, client you'd be working with and your qualifications. This led to an online analytical assessment. Not very difficult, similar to quantitative GMAT questions. Called an email a few days later to set up phone interview with the hiring manager. Discussed role and resume/experience more in depth. A few days later got an email from HR about setting up a date to fly out to meet with the team (I was applying from out of state). Met with client director, SVP, client manager and associate client manager. All interviews were conversational, no unexpected questions. It was a very comfortable, laid back interview which I extremely enjoyed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process is smooth and the manager is very friendly. Most of interview time is to go over the resume. So remember to be familiar with your resume very well. The manager introduced the job function.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me more about your past internship experience?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through career services and had an interview on campus. Interview lasted 45 minutes with one person, be prepared with a lot of questions because she gave me a good 10 minutes to ask questions!!

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions in the beginning, why I wanted to work there, and 3 case questions. The case questions were 1) M&M's has released a premium m&m product at a high price, but has seen slow sales. What would you tell your retailers in order for them to let you keep the product in stores? 2) On average, how would you go about figuring out how many student ride the campus bus in a given week. 3) Coke is thinking about releasing a craft beer in the market. What kind of data/statistics/research should they do before releasing it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied directly through the Nielsen website. Got an email requesting a phone call a couple weeks later. Scheduled that interview very quickly, within a few days. Pretty standard questions on that phone call. Past work experience, why Nielsen, why this positions, salary requests, etc.

After that, they moved pretty quickly to having me take the online behavioral and analytical assessment. The behavioral are your normal "strongly disagree/strongly agree with this statement" questions. The analytical section runs through problems in the format of "Judy arrived to lunch at 12:00 PM. Alan arrived after Judy but before Tricia. Tricia arrived at 1:00 PM. Could Alan have arrived after Tricia?". You'll get 3 minutes for each question.

Having successfully passed those tests, I was asked to come in the following week to meet with three VPs. Mostly conversational interviews, but be ready for their curveball questions. Each interviewer will have one. Know how to answer questions like "How many manhole covers are there in Manhattan?".

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

The process took a while. After my initial application, I was contacted by a recruiter in HR a day later to set up a phone interview for later that week. I gave her times I was available, but never heard back from her. She then called me on a Thursday night and asked if I was free to talk then. I wasn't and I asked her if we could do it the next day. I then had a 10 minute phone "interview" (if you can even call it that) with the HR person. At the end of that, she told me that I would have to complete an assessment test.

The assessment test took about an hour and consisted of many behavioral questions and 10 logic/math questions. The behavioral questions are meant to trick you into contradicting yourself if you aren't being honest. The logic questions weren't too hard. The one question I remember is there are 8 seats at a round table and they give you a bunch of different parameters (John won't sit next to Fred or in the bottom seat). It then asks you where everyone is sitting. After completion of the assessment test, I emailed the HR person and she set up a 1 on 1 interview with the Hiring manager.

Setting up the time for this interview was difficult. The HR person was non responsive and incompetent. I specifically said I was available in the afternoon and she set up a 9 am interview for me.

The interview was fairly straight forward. She asked me about a time when I was analytical. After that interview, I was set up to meet with an associate client director. I had a phone interview with that person a week later. Again, that was a fairly straight forward interview.

After that interview, I didn't hear from anyone for a month. Finally they got back to me, after a couple of emails asking to follow up, and asked to schedule a phone call with the hiring manager I met in person. The phone call lasted less than a minute and I was told they were offering the position to someone else... with more experience.

Overall everyone was nice and the interviews weren't too bad. The part that was bad was the communication... or lack there of. The only reason I am giving this a negative review is because They left me hanging for too long.

Interview Questions

• Who would you market Coke, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cherry Hill, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

first had a "pop up" phone screening. He literally called me at 6pm on a friday night which I thought was odd and put me on the spot to answer a series of questions. After this I was sent a personality test and a timed logic puzzle portion. Afterwards, I had an interview scheduled with my current manager and it was very conversational where i was hired around 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• I don't exactly remember, but nothing too far out of the norm. It was easy and like I mentioned earlier, conversational.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate although It may have been pretty easy to do so.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First interview with Hr, about 20 minutes
    Test/assessment, about 45 minutes
    Second interview with a senior manager, about 1 hour
    Third interview on site with 3 people, each 45 minutes, back to back

Interview Questions

• How do you control for variables?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

Interview

Typically, phone interview, then next steps would be to complete an online assessment. Afterwards, if deemed a potential candidate, brought in for face-to-face interviews. Key to success for this role, are to have excellent knowledge of excel and statistical models for solving problems. Basic understanding of regression is useful.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation, when you used regression analysis to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

Interview

University recruitment
    Applied through career site and heard back in a couple of weeks. Had to do a difficult logic test (most of the difficulty stemmed from time constraints)
    After completing the test, i was asked to schedule and interview.
    The interview had some behavioral questions and some mini case questions. Also asked specifics about my coursework, including what i learned in various courses from previous years.

Interview Questions

• Youre pepsi and you want to be sold in whole foods. What do you do to make this happen? How do you sell yourself to whole foods?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not very strenuous. Many people get hired straight from the intern program. They do a round on campuses and then some people do a round where they go to a larger office and interview there. It's not very consistent

Interview Questions

• They asked us some analytical questions to deal with client issues.   Answer Question