Nielsen Associate Client Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Associate Client Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.9

Associate Client Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Poor process overall. First thing you should know, if you want to get hired there what they care about most is your desired starting salary. Don't say you're looking for >$70K or they won't interview you. They hired a former classmate of mine who performed far worse academically than me and had far less experience than me, but my classmate gave a really low (well below Glassdoor average) desired salary because of a high desire to live in a certain city and they hired my classmate but I had a hard time getting an interview. When they finally reached out to me they first tried to push me towards another position they were apparently having a hard time filling. Recruiters were very slow to respond if they responded at all, and seemed to not want to help me towards the position I applied for. Finally got a phone interview, but the process and lack of responsiveness took so long that I ended up withdrawing because I got another offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

HR round + Phone call with hiring manager + 2 phone calls (30 mins each) with 3 Nielsen leaders (at VP/ Client director level) + 2 in person interviews with the team (45 mins each) + 2 in person and 1 phone call with the client (1 hour each) + online assessment test (1 hour)

*Process took 2 months in total till getting the offer

Interview Questions

• 1.HR round: A basic HR led screening round on background, skills (ppt, excel, pivot tables) and relevant industry experience

2.Hiring manager:
      - Where have you made an impact?
      - Have you used Nielsen tools before?
      - Rate yourself on analytics
      - What are your strengths?
      - Why Nielsen? Why this role? (ask multiple times throughout the process)

3.2 phone calls (30 mins each) with 3 Nielsen leaders at a VP/ Client Director level: Very conversational in nature to understand whether the candidate will succeed in a client facing role. More about asking a lot of thoughtful questions
      - Egs of being creative, past projects, why did you leave your previous employer, would you rather make ppts or present?

4. Team: 2 in person interviews
      Focused on behavioral questions (describe yourself, tell me about a time … client/ team/ leadership – everything!), one guesstimation question (estimate the no. of flights leaving jfk airport in a day), what according to you isn’t working in the client’s portfolio?

5. Client: 2 in person interviews + 1 phone call; Very conversational, more of a formality; interestingly they didn’t expect you to know about the industry in detail

6. Online assessment test (logical reasoning/ games test with MCQ timed at 3 mins each + work style preferences)

*come prepared with A LOT of questions (approx. 10 for each interview), show interest/ passion, be yourself!
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Florham Park, NJ).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview with an HR person, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and finally a several hour long onsite discussion with several 45 minute long interviews with different team members. Additionally, the interview process required me to take a somewhat difficult aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• In person questions were very non technical- no obnoxious questions like "How many windows are in Taipei?" or anything like that. They inquired heavily about my experience using excel, the steps I have taken in the past to ensure accuracy in my reporting, and how my experience would prepare me for this role.

The aptitude test, on the other hand, was much more difficult. It was about 60% personality questions, and 40% difficult logic puzzles similar to the types you see on the LSAT. Questions like "george, henry, mary, and kate are flying out of xyz airport. Henry is leaving after kate. Kate is leaving after 6pm. *Several more rules.* Based on these rules, which of the following can NOT be true."

I would recommend studying gmat questions and lsat quesitons, doing hard puzzles and maybe some math problems, and studying your resume/ the job description INCREDIBLY closely. Good luck.
      Answer Question

Associate Client Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I had a phone interview and they flew me out for an in person interview afterwards. There were three interviews and a case study which were handled very professionally. All of the three structured interviews had mini case study components but were mainly critical incident questions (tell me about a time you had to .......?)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online through an employee referral. Recruiter contacted me after a week to schedule an phone screen interview. Interview lasted for 25 mins.

Post the initial phone screen I was given an Aptitude Assessment Test to complete which needed to be submitted within 7 days of the link being provided. After submitting the test, got a mail the very next day saying that they were moving on with other candidates in the interview process

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

A call with a recruiter and then an on-site interview with two people. Generally talked about my previous experience. There weren't specific questions that stood out. Engaging interview process - developed an interesting discussion during the interview :)

Associate Client Manager Interview

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR very brief. Second round interview with hiring manger. Typical behavioral questions. Very detailed on what the position entailed. HR manager very heloing in explaining position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Alexandria, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

After the initial phone screen I spoke with 3 separate managers over the phone and then had to complete and present a case study to them. I was then moved forward to interview with the client. That interview was in front of a panel.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview first with the recruiter which is the basic HR phone interview. Then got to meet with the hiring manager, the HR business person (separate from the recruiter) and the director. Once i was basically selected (not officially) I had to take an assessment that is similar to the GMAT in terms of questions and difficulty. That was probably the hardest part.

Interview Questions

• Lots of problem solving to gauge your ability to analyze a situation and provide a solution. For example, Company A is looking to introduce a new detergent product. What information would you utilize to provide product recommendations?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate to the salary level that I was looking for. I was able to leverage Glassdoor to identify what would work for me and the HR recruiter. My advice - never give out salary information to HR recruiters, if you didn't already know that then you have larger issues.

Associate Client Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online, then two days later was contacted via email by HR to set up a 30 minute phone interview the following week. After the interview, I was sent a link to take the online candidate assessment, which I completed within the given timeframe. A few days passed and I was contacted for another phone interview, this time with the client director. A week later, I had phone interviews with two additional team members, including my manager. Once that was completed (now a month since I was originally contacted), HR said an in-person interview was to be scheduled in the following 1-2 weeks, but was delayed by a month. However, once I did complete the in-person interview with four people on the team plus the client, I received an offer the following day. Overall I had a good experience except for the nail-biting month-long wait after the phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• The online assessment was the most difficult part for me. I felt the interview questions were average for the position (ie. If a client came to you asking why a product was not performing well, what avenues would you explore to assess the cause?).   Answer Question