Nielsen Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor

Nielsen Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH

3.2

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through my university. The process was 3 steps: resume submission, on-campus interview, and on-site interview. The on-campus interview was personality/resume based with one very broad business thinking type question. The on-site consisted of Q&A with current associates and 4-45 minute interviews. Of these 4, two were purely resume/behavioral, one also included market-sizing and critical thinking questions, and the other was purely a case question. The case question consisted of 20 minutes to examine available data on a table and ask questions and then 10-15 to summarize the situation and recommend next steps. All behavioral questions were fairly typical.

Turnaround was very quick: only a few days between application due date and first interview, then a week before second interview, then another 9 days before the offer.

Interview Questions

• How many new spoons are sold annually in the United States (only metal, no plastic)?   1 Answer

Professional Services, Experience Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

In person interview the day after my school's Career Fair. The interview was about 30 minutes long and only a one-on-one. The first part of the interview was background questions, then more behavioral questions, and then 2 conceptual based questions, and then finally just some logistical questions.

Interview Questions

• You need to lower your advertisement budget in the next quarter. How would you go about deciding which spending you need to cut?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a pre-interview night and then went to the interview. I was with an older man, who never really cracked a smile, even though i tried. He asked me normal behavioral questions, and then gave me a situation and asked what data questions I would ask to find a solution. Overall, not bad but not nicest interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, then came in on-site for a test with several other applicants. I later had a panel interview with three separate people that took an afternoon. I followed up but they never got back to me after I spent a lot of time with them. Really soured me on the company and how they treat people.

Interview Questions

• What might be some challenges to overcome in bringing a US sports team to China?   Answer Question

Nielsen Response

May 13, 2016 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Hello- Thank you for your interest in Nielsen and for participating in our selection process. I very sincerely apologize that no one got back to you. I'm not sure what happened in this instance ... More

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Starts with an on campus interview, then an online questionnaire, then a half day interview at their office. The campus interview takes about 45 minutes, while the half day is about the same duration but with 4 different people. One of them being a VP and a few department heads.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I had two phone interviews - one with human resources and one with a manager & VP. The interview questions were very specific to the role that I was applying for, and touched on all the skills required for the position. They dove a lot into my background and what I had accomplished at my current organization. The interview was structured more like a conversation than a super formal interview, which was refreshing.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new position?

What skills can you bring to this role?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Very quick

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Applied online. Was asked to complete the online assessment which was a multiple-choice questions. It was a mix of analytical questions and behavior questions(like do you multitask, how sympathetic are you to your co-workers etc.)
    After this, I was scheduled for an interview. It was a 45 minute interview process where I went over the resume and highlighted a couple of projects. THe interviewer asked me behavioral questions mostly. I had a lot of examples stowed away. So it was not difficult to answer them.
    My analytical skill was also tested. She asked me "There are 25,000 students in the campus. How many students take the university shuttle in a year". I felt that thinking out loud gave her a good idea of how I analysed the situation. The interview ended with her asking me why Nielsen.

Overall, I had a pretty good experience. I have been scheduled for the final round of interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a complex situation that you faced, and how you solved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied directly through the Nielsen website. Got an email requesting a phone call a couple weeks later. Scheduled that interview very quickly, within a few days. Pretty standard questions on that phone call. Past work experience, why Nielsen, why this positions, salary requests, etc.

After that, they moved pretty quickly to having me take the online behavioral and analytical assessment. The behavioral are your normal "strongly disagree/strongly agree with this statement" questions. The analytical section runs through problems in the format of "Judy arrived to lunch at 12:00 PM. Alan arrived after Judy but before Tricia. Tricia arrived at 1:00 PM. Could Alan have arrived after Tricia?". You'll get 3 minutes for each question.

Having successfully passed those tests, I was asked to come in the following week to meet with three VPs. Mostly conversational interviews, but be ready for their curveball questions. Each interviewer will have one. Know how to answer questions like "How many manhole covers are there in Manhattan?".

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Standard initial call with the representative from HR. More concerned with seeing if you can carry on a intelligent conversation than seeing if you are qualified for the position.

Then, an assessment test was scheduled. The test covered some basic math skills/GRE type questions. I would recommend reviewing similar type questions before taking the test.

The process after that was actually relatively painless. It was a 3 hour interview--3 interviews with 3 people spanning from manager to director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but it could have been worthwhile to try. Just depends on how confident you are in getting the position.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a contact refer me. I applied online. Took the online test. The online test is primarily word problems and then some personality questions. Nielsen doesn't provide any practice tests. I recommend using the P&G practice test. The online test are very similar (Nielsen doesn't have the shapes relationships that P&G does).

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for a situational question. For example, Tide detergent sales are slumping and P&G asks why. What do you do?   Answer Question

Other offer that was more in line with the work I wanted to do.