Nielsen Client Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Client Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.9

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from the company 3 weeks later inviting me to an online video assessment via Shortlister. I had 3 days to complete it. 1 week later, they contacted me again inviting me to a face to face interview where I had to present a case study and respond several competency based questions. They called me on the next day with a positive feedback and an offer.

Interview Questions

• Online assessment: how my previous experience would help me to succeed in the new role, why do I want to work for Nielsen.
    Face to face: very long and detailed interview. Interviewers were well prepared, passionate about their jobs and extremely experienced. I had several questions about my presentation and also competency based ones. Eg: how do you work under pressure? Tell us an example of when you had to reach a tough target and how you achieved it, tell us an example of something you did that improve something in the company, if lots of people are asking you things with a short deadline, how do you prioritise it, how do you face changes etc.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Pretty straight forward, phone screening, discussing relevant work experience and what you can bring to the table. They are open with salary range and if your expectations are in the ballpark. Then first informal interview with your direct manager and you get asked to do an analysis presentation. Then another second round interview and/or possibly a third one with your boss's boss.

Interview Questions

Don't keep your hopes up if your initial salary expectations are outside their range. No negotiations no matter how good you are. A very typical agency company where they want to maximise revenues and minimise labour costs.

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews regarding the past experiences and also the potential prospect of jobs. Nothing too technical or too extraordinary. Hiring manager and the boss of the hiring manager were interviewers, and it was around 40 minutes each. The interview was conducted via Skype call, as I was physically unable to fly to Singapore just for this interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?
      How can you contribute to our business?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Three or four interviews which are always behavioral and around your resume. Interviews were conducted by senior leadership team and peers as well. The first interview was on the phone, the next two rounds were in person at the office. Finally, a VP speaks to you over the phone. It is all about knowing your resume and preparing for the top 10 usual behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, weaknesses, toughest project that you are part of etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Racine, WI) in December 2013.

Interview

The overall interview process was fabulous. I interviewed in three days for the current position that I am in, and did not have to come back multiple times. The VP of the area went over the job in great detail, and she was able to answer any and all questions that I had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was short and easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online; 2 weeks later HR did a phone interview with me. I was sent the assessment test and then talked with the hiring manager. The interview itself was almost combative in nature which surprised me. Two weeks after that, HR let me know they went in a different direction.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to my open position instead of BASES where your most recent experience lies?   1 Answer

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Bucharest (Romania)) in February 2009.

Interview

2 interviews 1with HR, 1with HR, direct manager, senior management to present an analysis prepared by the candidate for at least 1 week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very open

Client Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Online application form (on Taleo) forces you to enter a precise figure for desired salary instead of a range, which doesn't make sense. HR contact didn't seem to understand the job requirements, and it was clear they were just HR people who didn't have experience doing the work that Nielsen does.

Interview Questions

• Not sure it makes sense to go into detail here, because the field-based managers ask whatever they want -- they don't receive very much direction, so there is no standard set of questions. Maybe there is at HQ, but not in the field.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing unusual, yes I could negotiate

Client Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in November 2011.

Interview

I submitted several applications to Client Manager positions in several locations, and got called by HR representatives for initial screen interviews for 3 of them (over a period of a few weeks). The first arranged for a written test at a nearby Nielsen location, which I learnt I passed after checking on the applicant website. There was a bit of a delay thereafter - it turned out that particular client couldn't decide how they wanted to proceed, or had some issues with my background.
    In the interim, I was contacted by the other two recruiters, one of whom set up a hiring manager interview for me. After I had made non-cancellable travel arrangements, they decided to make it a phone interview, but relented when I explained the situation. At the interview it became clear though that I didn't have much of a shot, because the hiring manager was looking for someone with more experience in using Nielsen products.
    My impression was that the hiring managers were looking for a 100% candidates, while the recruiters were much more adept at spotting longer-term potential. Everyone was very professional, and at least one of the recruiters seemed to go out of her way to be my advocate.

Interview Questions

• There was a mini-case question in which an interviewer presented a sketch retail shelf space situation, and asked for my hypotheses on possible causes and solutions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Covington, KY) in May 2011.

Interview

This was the very first round by HR. Very simple situational questions about handling a cpg clients business question. She mentioned next wud have been an analytical round on site. Went well but the compensation pkg seemed low compared to my current place of work.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a cpg increase presence on a retailers shelf?   Answer Question