Nielsen Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.9

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Prague (Czech Republic)) in January 2017.

Interview

I sent my CV to HR Manager. The manager forwarded my CV to another HR person. In less than 5 days I was at the company for the test.

The test was very easy. Most questions related to numbers and logical thinking. The last part is writing part. It was about writing a letter to a company about delayed report delivery. Furthermore, you can not specify the delay reasons. The last part has the highest value. Make sure you prepare yourself to write a nice formal letter with apologies.

Overall experience is very good. HR staff is very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Prague (Czech Republic)) in February 2017.

Interview

Nielsen Aptitude Test

Good day to all!

Today I've went trough Nielsen Aptitude Test. I must to say it was fun.
    The test consisted of few parts.

First numerical logic, data reading and interpretation, writing test and behavioral test.

The numerical logic had four similar puzzles. You got the row of numbers and you need to find out what is the missing number. So, you go trough the pattern and get the missing number. Some of them were really hard :)

Other part was about simple data and interpretation. You got table and they asked you questions about the data in the table. Very simple. Make sure you understand questions. You can get similar questions with a different purposes.
    One part of the task was:
    You have 100 readers. 70 readers read daily morning lists, 40 reads daily night lists, 20 do not read anything. How many readers read at least one lists. How many reads both lists. How many reads only one list.

The writing part was about writing a letter. You have to deliver a report with a delay. Your customer does not now about it. You can not tell what are the internal problems that caused the delay. For some reason I could not find right words and did not do a good job with the writting part. Here I lost most of my points. The letter part was for 20 points. The reagular exercise was arround 2-4 points.

Last part was simple behavioral questions. There were no right or correct answers. Usual staff. Team work, interruptions, working hours etc.

I've been told that my results will be delivered same day. I've got a call next day. The recruiter was very nice and friendly and informed me that I did not pass the test. The main reason was the letter part. I did not get enough points in the letter part.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tokyo (Japan)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied in-person at a job fair. Submitted the entry sheet to the HR Manager at the fair. Got a follow-up email few days later for a SHL Numerical and Verbal Reasoning test online. Received email about interview one week later. The interview consisted of a 15 minutes test about what you would do as a Marketing Consultant, and then later 1-1 interview with the HR Head about 45 minutes. At the end the HR Head told me I would receive follow-up contact; however 2 weeks went by with no contact and when I contacted Nielsen Japan after 2 weeks to inquire about my interview results I was told I would receive the result the next week. Came next week, and radio silence from Nielsen Japan. Overall, left a very negative impression based on the unprofessionalism of their recruitment practice. I would not recommend anyone to apply if that's how they treat their applicants, i.e. no respect.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was mostly standard questions "why should we hire you", "what are your strenghts/weaknesses" and likewise for about 30 mins. After this I had 90 minutes to complete an analytical test. This consisted mainly of graph analisys, weighted percentages and letter composition. With the time give, ti was fairly easy

Interview Questions

• Where is money on your hierarchy of requirements from employer? :-)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First was a phone interview asking me why I wanted to leave my current job and why I applied with them. After that I was told to do an online assessment.

They followed up relatively quickly with a first face to face with 3 managers. Asked general questions about why I wanted to leave and why I wanted to join them. They asked about what I did in my previous job and how I would be valuable to the company. Overall it was general and went well.

After that hr told me interview went great and there was no need for a second interview and they would let me know of the results.

After a few days they told me that they would like to invite me for a second round of interview with the director. Interview consisted a lot of technical questions associated to the role

Consultant Interview

Interview

basic knowledge about stat analysis. Need some advance knowledge about SAS coding.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2012.

Interview

started with a phone call from HR. them we have to prepare a busness case and present it to a senior audience. after that you will have 2 interviews with people from the area which is hiring and "your boss boss"

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen in July 2010.

Interview

Nielsen interview? Well.. dont tie your shoe laces just yet. Because considering the amount of re-scheduling, delaying and complete disregard for your time, you will be left with a lot of days to pursue hobbies like staring at a dead phone.

After my first interaction with a recruiter, three re-schedules (at the 11th hour) and 3 weeks later, I get the first call. Cleared. Great. Another telephonic interview is scheduled, gets re-scheduled (at the 11th hour) and one week later. Cleared. Awesome. No communication from anyone after that for over 3 weeks, and a reminder mail is sent from me, and later yet another telephonic interview, gets re-scheduled, interviewer does not even call me at the promised time. A mail is sent, and call comes in after 3 hours from promised time. Dead tired, exhausted. Blew it!

By far the most unnecessarily stressful interview process of my career! The whole interview process from the first mail took more that 60 days! Before I blew it... At a level I was glad it got over as it just got too stressful to handle... not the interviews, but the constant delays, re-schedules and following up with the people.

The people are friendly and good, but the way the interview process was handled, makes me run away. If you get a call, or are trying to get in, best of luck to you! You are indeed a brave... or a patient soul! Considering my experience, it seems that Nielsen has purposely created an interview process that tests your patience, not exactly understand what they gain from it though. Three telephonic interviews, one face-to-face, and a few rounds more. If you last till the very end, I do hope you have some good salary negotiating skills!

Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself. (Nielsen loves ambiguous questions). It helps them gauge a candidates flow of thoughts and mental structuring. Be prepared for this!   1 Answer