Nielsen Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Director Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2016

2.9

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

The interview process is different for different parts of the business. Expect a written test with a mix of quantitative and analytical problems. The focus is on approach over accuracy.
The interview process will be 2-3 rounds depending on the level and will involve team leaders and business leaders. The interview will focus on previous experience and relevance to the role being offered. Be prepared of how have you contributed to make the things better or simpler in your organisation

Interview Questions

• How will you measure the demand of sanitary napkins in a country like india?
    elaborate on a study you recently did - what were the findings and how did it impact the client organisation?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Case, behavioral and written test. Big on campus recruitment. Depends on level. Most of the questions are standard deal with either analytics or client management. At least 5 interviews before hiring decision is made

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

First phone screening interview with a recruiter, then a phone interview with a VP. Both were extremely pleasant but they simply didn't follow through with their "promises". I had to reach out three times to get an update, always received a positive reply with the promise that they would get back to me the following week again with details. Never happened. Not sure if that's a place you want to work at.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in May 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews with regional head of HR, with country MD and then team. I have worked in Nielsen before in various parts of the globe before applying here

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a reasonable salary but definitely not the best in the industry. Boutique agencies give 30% more but then the job description will be different

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in September 2010.

Interview

Seemed like they were trying to keep me as a second (or third) option. I had a total of six meetings, one with a corporate recruiter, one taking an aptitude test, and two each with the hiring manager and the hiring manager's boss. They were inflexible on scheduling the interviews, which was extremely inconvenient for me as I was carrying a heavy workload at my then-current job and had to scramble to make all of these meetings. It took over a month to get through these interviews, which all seemed to go well.

To delay things even more, they asked me to provide references as a final step. I contacted my references and told them to expect a call from these guys. Which never came. After a week of no calls to my references, I left a message with the hiring manager. Then I got a call saying they filled the position with an internal candidate. Very disappointing.

And very unprofessional to ask for references as "a last step" with no intent to follow up on them. One thing to waste my time, but it was quite embarrassing for me after personally contacting my references and providing them the context for my request, only for them to not actually be contacted. In all, six weeks of BS from them.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: explain a situation in the past where you had to influence a client through a recommendation resulting from research data. What was the business result of your recommendation? Nothing really outrageous.

The most interesting part of the process was the skills test. I think 90 minutes and it was like taking the GMAT. Had to write a persuasive letter and answer maybe 20 word problems.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Fairly straight forward discussions. Met with a number of folks from the local team and discussed my background and career aspirations. Really nothing out of normal here. In addition Nielsen asks you to feel out a test ... let's just call it a logic and math skills test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your career path to date?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn. ~A week later, a person from my alma mater's career office called to set up an interview with an alum, but not the decision maker. After a phone screen, silence until I reached out to learn if there were any follow-ups. Was told that an internal candidate was hired. I believe I was contacted to fill a certain candidacy quota instead of a real opportunity to work there. Didn't appreciate being used. I think the interview set up via my alma mater was to confirm that I attended/graduated from the school (top 5).