Nielsen Field Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Field Representative Interview Questions

2.9

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick timeline that would have been helpful for my interview process research:
June 15th applied, June 17th acknowledged application, July 12th Interview #1 phone screening with HR, July 15th Interview #2 phone interview with hiring manager, Aug 11th Interview #3 in person with hiring manager, Aug 26th Interview #4 phone conference interview with hiring manager and her manager, Aug 29th email received for declined continuance for consideration

This is a very long process...not a whole lot of communication, and hiring goes by their training schedule. I applied June 15th online. I received an email a few days later stating my application has been received. July 12th I received an email for a phone interview (screening) with HR. This was pretty typical and was a smooth process - I was immediately scheduled for a follow up interview with the hiring manager via phone for July 15th. Interview went smoothly and was broken into 2 phone calls due to managers schedule. Manager was encouraging but would be out of contact for a couple weeks but should hear from her manager and would like to get someone hired before classes start Aug 5th I received a little conflicting information about training.

I followed up with Manager on Aug 4th and we scheduled an in person 3rd interview for Aug 11th which makes sense that one would want to meet in person before deciding. This interview was pretty casual since we had a long in phone interview, I walked away feeling good from the experience, and understood the few times of interruptions with cell phone...I have worked in a similar type environment and so it was not unusual for me. I again received different information about some aspects of the job and training than before, but I was still comfortable with the company, position, and information.

Aug 23rd I received an email for a conference chat with the hiring manager and her manager set for Aug 26th. This was a casual but different interview, and the interview I struggle with the most. I felt the other manager may have been a little condensing and not quite hearing me out. We spent a bit of time discussing my previous experience (not related to job skills but more in a difference of opinion point of view) I state this because I heard a lot of "i didn't know that" and "really I didn't think about that aspect" and then not hearing how my skills and experience could translate into his benefit for his team because I was cut off a few times with "not to minimize your previous work experience but..."or "this is different than working in a **previous work environment** because this...." I know it's my job to sell myself but a little hard when being interrupted or minimized. He also asked me questions about my previous interviews bringing up X, Y, Z and I responded to question and explained how that was cleared up and where I stood now...but maybe that worked against me as well. I again received conflicting and very different information about the training and position than the 3 previous interviews.

My experience with HR and the hiring manager were good and encouraging and obviously able to see how my experience and skills could be a benefit. I am on the fence about the last interview just because of what I sensed during the process. I did inquire about what may have happened during the interviews that I could grow on so hopefully that will offer me some information. I was very disappointed in the decision.

Interview Questions

• Some Questions: What do you know about Nielsen? What was your favorite previous job and why? How would you gain access or deal with a secure building? Describe to me how you would convince me to buy a cell phone? How would you describe the position to someone? Which of your previous positions has prepared you best for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Field Representative Interview

Interview

There was a long delay between the phone interview and the personal interview. Questions were pretty standard about approaching houses in cold calls. The interviewer was very curt and unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Albany, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied initially end of April. Got an email 2 weeks ago.for a 30 minute phone sceeen. Then 5 days later an hour long face to face interview. After that 1 week later a 30 minutes conference call with senior VP and hiring manager. Same day accepted job offer. Training starts in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about Nielson?   1 Answer
    • Who was you favorite boss to work with and why? who was your least favorite boss and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Field Representative Interview

Interview

Very simple two day process. The first day involved a Presentation about the company and specific job duties followed by an aptitude test. The second day only required an interview. Standard questions were asked plus specifics regarding comfort level with the situations you find yourself in regarding this position. For instance: How do you feel about working in a home with feces on the floor in front of the TV or a home with urine smells. Also, they want to know your availability to relocate for certain positions. Interviewers tell you what you want to hear if they are interested in you.

Field Representative Interview

Interview

Things have changed alot but they are looking for someone very customer service driven so that is one place you need to shine,

Interview Questions

• There are written tests that are difficult to finish for most people   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Pretty thorough but typical interview questions. Involves background check, driving verification and training school. All are contingent on passing to remain employed. Recruiter pre-screens then information is sent to hiring manager. Once Manager interview is typically an hour. You will hear back within a week if selected or not.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Greenville, SC) in May 2010.

Interview

Had to take an aptitude and psychological test to progress in the interview process.There were lots of what if type questions that had right answers. If you had never had experience with the question, you had no chance to answer it correctly, even though the position required no experience. Lasted about an hour with the hiring manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, the salary and benefits are set and non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2009.

Interview

Sit down with the Field Supervisor and/or Field Manager. Asks you questions about previous experience, let you know about all the driving and possible traveling you will have to do.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Denver, CO) in January 2008.

Interview

Filled out online app and submitted resume. Was contacted for a phone interview. After phone interview, was called in for a couple of logic and personality tests. After that, had a 2:1 interview. Had to call back a few times to get results, finally got job due to my persistence.

Interview Questions

• Convince me to go on a rafting trip with you considering I don't like water.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. The salary was posted on the application. I did try to get relocation assistance with no luck.

Field Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen in July 2012.

Interview

The phone interview is very precise and to the point. The assessment test is complexed but fairly easy if you research Glasser assessment test for sample questions. The face to face interview, after a passing test review, was questions about your work history to see if you are willing to work long hours. The background check and final interview comes last. This process was too long. Noone had updates. It seemed very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tthere were no difficult questions.   1 Answer