Nielsen Interview Questions in India | Glassdoor

Nielsen Interview Questions in India

Updated May 6, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chennai (India)).

Interview

One round of personal interview.
    Couple of technical interview rounds.

Its a huge plus if you have skills in big data. Else they mostly wont hire you.
    Selecting the candidate was based solely on the tech interview person. Strange attitude.

Interview Questions

• First round was mostly to make sure if you would be staying with the company or not   Answer Question

SAP FI Fresher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through institute. Interview process took 1 day. There were 3 rounds 1Technical followed by a managerial and HR round. Technical round was purely based on cv where general concepts and configuration were asked. Managerial round was easy and was more like personal interview.

After that Senior person introduced me to HR and and I was intimated by HR that I am selected (1 more girl was selected apart from me). After 3 days i received a call from HR that she will be releasing offfer letter in next week. I waited for a week and after 5 days I called her up to check the status. HR intimated that business is planning for only 1 resource and hence they have dropped me and selected the other only.

Research Executive Interview

Interview

Basic screening, test, Interview with the director of the department

The process is well structured and they give the candidate a chose a convenient time

They may give a small case after the first round for evaluating your ppt making skills

Interview Questions

• To estimate the number of consumers for a particular product   Answer Question
    • How do you handle the personal biases of the respondents ?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Got call from recruiter and interview was scheduled after couple of days. After the first interview, case study and maths questions was tough. you need to prepare all cat level questions so prepare it from very good book then it had case as normal one.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New Delhi (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Nielsen is a great company to start a career but there hiring process is extremely slow. They won't respond to you unless and until you again and again follow up through mails.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vadodara (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Vadodara (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Closed questions that demonstrate our knowledge by requiring a specific factual answer.
    Open-ended questions that are broader in scope and require you to work through the answer.
    Situational questions that describe a hypothetical situation and ask how you would proceed in those circumstances.
    Behavioural questions that ask you to describe a time in your own history when you dealt with a certain situation, and to explain how you dealt with it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at our company?   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Senior Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

In second round, interviewer didn't even gone through my CV and he is trying to go through in front of me by making me wait. When I explained business solution, he didn't even understand properly (since he was sleeping when I am communicating). I think Nielsen employees lot of time pass managers, please aviod this MNC and HR is shamelessly supporting their employee saying that he just returned from a travel (I have a email confirmation for this). If that is the case, why didn't they postponed it or arranged at some other time.

Interview Questions

• Same old, tell me about yourself and interviewer is sleeping when I was explaining my journey   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Kochi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Fort Kochi (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very good experience, the manager was very friendly while in the interview, second interview was conducted by hr through telephone asked my personal details and previous job details it took more than 1 hour to complete she described everything about the job profile and it is an easy one to complete and talked about the company and its culture

ARC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

First Round - Aptitute Test (Maths & English section) + Market Research Case studies + Logical Reasoning. It went pretty good especially mathematical case studies, similar to MBA entrance exams. Most being multiple choices with case studies being subjective written types. Gave us a total time duration of 90 mins. Were also told about the min. cutoff to clear the same.
    Second Round : HR interview
    Third Round : Technical interview related to basic marketing & market research concepts

Interview Questions

• HR Interview:
      Why neilsen? What is so special about this role? etc.

Technical Interview:
      7P's of Marketing mix? Types of Primary research? etc.
      Answer Question

BPI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Multiple rounds with different interviewers across the globe; questions on leadership and past projects. Mix of behavioral questions and technical questions. Good experience as different culture interviewers ask similar questions all focused on seeing your fit into their team!