Nielsen Interview Questions in India | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2018

3.2

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ARC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

A 90 min Aptitude test (Quants+English++ logical +2 marketing case studies ) followed by GD and final PI round . Quantitative questions were mostly about profit and loss , percentages , ratios .

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you price a premium mineral water bottle being launched in Indian Market ?
      2. given a 3 ltr jar and a 4 ltr jar with unlimited supply of water , how would you identify 2 ltr of water ?
      3. why is pizza box square in shape ?
      4. past experiences and family background   Answer Question

Mmm Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Pune (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied for MMM , first round is Apti which has Quant and English( case scenarios). In quant u have to solve 10 questions and write the final ans instead of MCQ types.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

Telephonic. A team of five people took the interview. One of them was the head of data science team , one was a team lead and other two were executive level data scientists.

Interview Questions

• Basic Statistics, R, Excel, VBA and Projects done and paper written.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

I had applied online after knowing about an opening for an intern. Had to wait for few days to get any response. Finally, got a call from HR saying my CV has been shortlisted and an interview has been scheduled.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

I have interviewed with many companies over the past several months and Nielsen by far is the most unprofessional company that I have come across ever. The HR will call you, take your details and schedule an interview and suddenly on the day of the interview just an hour before they will tell you the interview is to be re-scheduled.
    They scheduled interview 6 times and then postponed it.

The worst part is that when I asked the hiring manager for an update, the reply is stop spamming me.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions:
      - Previous work experience
      - Questions relating to regression and co-relation.
      - Know the bullets on your resume   Answer Question

ARC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chinchpokli (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chinchpokli (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

CAT based Apti Round, if one clears dat then Hr round, then Technical round,followed by an interview witn VP, then again HR round

The HR Team from Nielsen never responds on time to share your result about the interview. This has not only happened at chinchpokli but also at vikhroli. Disappointed!!!

Interview Questions

• Market Research related Question In HR And Technical Round   Answer Question

Manager, MMM Modeling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

1) Telephonic - Asking about my current roles and responsibilities, and salary expectations.
    2) Face to Face - Data Structures and Algorithms, Deep Learning, Regression
    3) HR interview - Typical HR interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Pre-order to in-order conversion. Basics of the activation function.

HR interview was boring. Asking all very generic questions for 40 mins   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nielsen (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

The process took 2+ months, first, you have to clear a basic aptitude test, followed by technical interviews over google hangouts.
    The questions are based on your CV and require a thorough statistical knowledge.

Topics like regressions, decision trees, and market segmentation are covered.

The process is slow that is one of the biggest drawbacks otherwise all good.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you analyse the results of a regression analysis.   Answer Question
    • What are dandelion plots? What are they used for?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chennai (India)).

Interview

One round of personal interview.
    Couple of technical interview rounds.

Its a huge plus if you have skills in big data. Else they mostly wont hire you.
    Selecting the candidate was based solely on the tech interview person. Strange attitude.

Interview Questions

• First round was mostly to make sure if you would be staying with the company or not   Answer Question

Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Aptitude test was easy. It consisted of some statistics questions, probability, case studies and coding. The duration was one hour. The paper was easy but you have to be really good to solve each question in the time frame. Waiting for the results to be declared for further rounds.