Nielsen Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

Intern Interview

Interview

I took an assessment to test my analytical skills, then they called me for an interview (this interview was not with a recruiter, rather an employee of the company), then they sent me the offer letter.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online and had a brief phone call with an recruiter about two weeks later. She then scheduled a phone interview with the manager I would be working under for the next week. The phone interview was with two managers and lasted about half an hour. They asked me to go through my resume, talked about some upcoming projects and asked about the value I could add, and then asked some behavioral questions. The recruiter called back about half an hour later and offered the position with a choice for my location.

Interview Questions

• What kind of value could you add to our current upcoming projects?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through university/college, I was sent an email scheduling an interview and an assessment. There was only one interview, and afterwards I heard back within a week. Interview was tell me about yourself, basic behavioral questions, and a quick case interview. Interviewer was very friendly and the interview was conversational and comfortable.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I applied on campus and interviewed a week later. I had a short case interview (market sizing) and personal experience interview. The interviewer was nice and very helpful. It's a great company and was a fairly competitive process. Really great and unique interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited in the company for an interview with the HR manager. It lasted 40-45 mins. The interviewer just tries to know about you, so be prepared for many behavioral questions. Sell yourself in the best way possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was more quantitative than expected. Although this was primarily tested in the pretest that we all had to take in order to get the interview in the first place. Still some behavioral questions in the interview as well. Combines most things you would expect in an interview.

Interview Questions

• What sort of legacy would you leave?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Had an on campus interview and two phone calls. The on campus interview was all situational so "tell me about a time when..." and the phone calls were mostly behavioral too. Everyone has been very nice so far and seems to love Nielsen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen (South Bend, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through my career center at school in October of my Junior year. Was informed that I had an interview the following week that would take place a week later. Process was one interview, then they told me I would hear back about whether or not I got an internship offer a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you have had related to finance and your role in the group and how you dealt with any problems that occurred.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

As a person with Asperger's, I had some nervous habits and difficulties describing myself, and the interviewer laughed at me and said "so bad". She continued to laugh while obviously reading the next questions about whether I could explain statistical concepts, if I am outside-of-the-box thinker, etc. It was pretty evident that I would never get the internship.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience?   1 Answer

Nielsen Response

Jun 29, 2016 – Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Hello- What you are reporting about your recent experience interview experience is obviously very concerning. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further if you are willing to do ... More

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in April 2016.

Interview

The entire process was incredibly both relaxed and thorough. I first had a phone screening-type interview which went well. Asked basic questions about myself and work related skills and accomplishments. Then I had a one on one in-person interview. I was skeptical as to how the interview process would turn out, knowing the how big and prominent Nielsen is as a company. I was asked typical interview questions, then just talked casually for about an hour afterwards. It really made me feel comfortable, not only with my future manager, but the overall company itself.