Nielsen Marketing Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Marketing Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First round is phone interview, after that there is a online testing for logic, behavior . One week later, informed second round interview, 2 45 minutes interviews by the team member.

Interview Questions

• Please estimate how many miles are run on trendmill in a day in US.
      Go through the CV   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a response within a week to set up a phone interview. The interview was average, though the woman was rather cold. I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions:
      Why do you want to work for us specifically?
      Describe a time when you had to resolve a situation and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Starts with an on campus interview, then an online questionnaire, then a half day interview at their office. The campus interview takes about 45 minutes, while the half day is about the same duration but with 4 different people. One of them being a VP and a few department heads.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (East Hanover, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

Was first contacted by HR and had a phone interview. He asked basic questions: describe my current role, past roles, salary expectations, then he explained the position to me. Next I was set up for an assessment test. They send you sample questions which is helpful. I passed the test and was set up on a phone interview with the hiring manager. Again, very basic interview. A few days later I was set up on an on-site interview. I met with 3 different people and the questions were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you haven't met a deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview involves a skills test specifically on statistics, algebra, mathematics, and marketing skills.
    The 1 on 1 interview is fairly basic with questions on goals and situational dilemma.

Interview Questions

• Why Nielsen   1 Answer
    • Walk me through what you would do if a client asked you they deserved better placement in the CVS stores-   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I was referred to Nielsen IAG from a Nielsen recruiter after having experienced the effects of a hiring freeze from another Nielsen division, NM Incite, earlier. I had reached the final rounds after 3-4 weeks of interviewing and having finished an assessment and was told that they were not hiring after receiving good feedback on my interview performance. I thought there would be much hope with the NYC office in that I had made it past the phone screening and was able to meet for an on-site interview with team leaders of various verticals in the IAG division. After making it through that round they require you to complete a case study consisting of a few questions and an excel data sheet which you are to analyze and put into a 15 minute presentation. Having completed that in the 2nd-3rd week then I moved on to the final interview with the specific team I'd technically be working with. Overall, all the people were wonderful and I would have definitely liked to work there. Unfortunately, I was blindsided once again by Nielsen when they told me there was an immediate and indefinite hiring freeze at that moment again. All the people were great, but I was extremely disappointed and angry at having made it to the final rounds of 2 Nielsen Division in the past 4 months to hear there was a hiring freeze.

Overall I feel it was a battle with corporate bureaucracy that made the process so difficult and strenuous. I definitely feel for the IAG staff and understand tensions of being an acquired company.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Dallas, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

very long winded, nothing in the interview really matched the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ok

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I was asked simple questions about what I knew about the company and the position. It was a very simple screening interview. Although I was qualified for the job, the interviewer said my GPA was too low and quickly ended the phone call.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

phone call, a good experience, mainly for your own experience and internships. Company is divided into 2 parts, operation or CS, you can chose one, seems a structural process.........Best regards,

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (New Delhi (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very unprofessional. The position mentioned was actually supposed to be market research analyst but the actual work was akin to that of a data entry employee.
    He said that you have to spend 8 hours daily in the office even though the work usually gets finished in 4-5 hours.