Nielsen Marketing Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.8

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

This was an initial phone interview for a market research position. I didn't have extensive experience, but I had customer relations background that was somewhat applicable. There were questions about my background, what I was looking for and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I thought I'd be able to do the job given my background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Talked to HR rep on two seperate occasions. Never directly to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• There were no trick questions. All were expected and required.   Answer Question

Position required relocation.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

phone call, a good experience, mainly for your own experience and internships. Company is divided into 2 parts, operation or CS, you can chose one, seems a structural process.........Best regards,

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (New Delhi (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very unprofessional. The position mentioned was actually supposed to be market research analyst but the actual work was akin to that of a data entry employee.
    He said that you have to spend 8 hours daily in the office even though the work usually gets finished in 4-5 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in July 2016.

Interview

I received the interview invitation 2 months after I applied for the position online. First part of the interview is a written test including some mathematic questions and a case study about the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The questions in the test are more or less similar with those found online. Second part is an individual interview with HR, chatting about my past experience in academic researches, reasons for applying this position, and some questions about doing researches. After that, the HR gave me a case study of a focus group on financial services and I was required to do a 10-slide ppt writing a summary for the finding in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about your past experience in conducting a research?   Answer Question

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at Nielsen India Pvt Ltd (Andheri office) Mumbai
    The internship was in the Data acquisition and consumer insight team
    It was direct interview with Manager.
    Basic question based on resume were asked

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Family background
      What is market research
      different types of research
      Difference between them
      what are the various industry sectors
      Why Nielsen   Answer Question

Marketing Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cairo (Egypt)) in January 2016.

Interview

At first I got an invitation for on-site interview and IQ test. After the test and the interview I was told they are going to reply in 2 to 3 weeks in case if I passed and NOTHING AT ALL if i do not pass. I got a call exactly a week later telling me I passed the test and that the next and final stage is a presentation of a marketing research proposal based on a brief they sent me by e-mail. I spent 3 days working on the presentation and after I did it they told me they gonna reply in a week, and they just never contacted me again. THEY COULD HAVE AT LEAST honored a man's effort that was put into that presentation with a call or en email saying I was not selected, but they just didn't.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2015.

Interview

First, the HR manager interviewed me for some basic introduction, question on the company and the psot.
    A written test on survey design, wordings and essay in Chinese and English.
    After that, the team manager had an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply this, what else you applied, passionate to market research?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in September 2015.

Interview

2 parts in total: Part I: HR interview + Part II: Written Test
    1.HR interview: research about the company and the job position
      (the questions are pretty basic, so you should just be yourself and be confident)
    2. Written test: time should be adequate (try to spend time on different sections evenly)

Marketing Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cergy (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cergy (France)) in November 2013.

Interview

Disorganised hiring process. I applied online and then was contacted by a HR assistant 10 days later for an initial phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, HR scheduled me for the on-site analytical test 1 week later. If I passed the test, I was told I would be interviewed by a consultant the same day.

When I arrived for the test, the HR assistant was unprepared and claimed that I got the day mixed up. I explained that I had confirmed the date verbally and in email, and the assistant eventually apologized and set up the test. However, I was told that I could not be interviewed the same day if I passed the test.

I passed the test, and was contacted 2 days later for an on-site interview with a consultant. When I arrived for the interview, the consultant was unprepared and didn't even have my CV printed out, just on the computer. The job description was communicated verbally, and differed from the job online. The consultant appeared to improvise questions and then explained that they had already identified another candidate who would be a better fit. So I'm not sure as to why I was interviewed in the first place.

The following week, the HR assistant calls again to schedule an interview with a different department. She emphasised this time that the position would be a good fit for me, however, said that she doesn't have a job description available.

So this time I was interviewed by two consultants, both very friendly and actually prepared. They gave me a written job description (which differed from the on-line offer), asked if I was interested (I said yes), then continued the interview. At the end, I was given another written test, in which I had to interpret data sets into graphic form, by hand on pencil and paper. The objective was to see if I could use pie charts, bar charts, etc appropriately.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to solve a problem in absence of your supervisor.   Answer Question
    • When working on multiple projects, how do you prioritise?   1 Answer