Nielsen Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Professional Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

3.1

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Very pleasant and structured, some difficult questions. My resume wasn't exactly lined up for the job but the interviewer seemed to have interest in my perspective... didn't make it past the personality test. But the process was a college recruiting event, then to a simple meet and greet, then a 1:1 interview on campus the next day. There is a very quick turn around for this and I didn't have much time to prepare but passed the 1:1 and they sent out a logic and personality test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Talked to the recruiters at career fair, had one interview before the decision process.
    Two interviewers, asked the typical behavioral questions and ones about my experience
     There were a few technical questions probably just to see how you approach scenarios and your analytical ability. They were very quick to give the outcome, so the whole process only took about a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about deciding if a company should implement a new chip flavor?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Had to apply online through university's career portal, one day after applying I had to take an online assessment (mix of logic questions and mathematic questions) took about an hour. Then a day later found out I was selected for on-campus interview some time the week after. Originally scheduled for 45 minutes long, but got a call the day before interview pushing all interviews (Nielsen came to campus and was going to interview around 10 ppl) back two hours and shortened interviews to 30 minutes. General questions regarding my resume, a time I had to deal with conflict, etc.

Interview Questions

• If one of your clients, a VP of a potato chip company, came to you to find out why the sales of regular potato chips was declining recently, what/how would you go about helping him?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through my university. The process was 3 steps: resume submission, on-campus interview, and on-site interview. The on-campus interview was personality/resume based with one very broad business thinking type question. The on-site consisted of Q&A with current associates and 4-45 minute interviews. Of these 4, two were purely resume/behavioral, one also included market-sizing and critical thinking questions, and the other was purely a case question. The case question consisted of 20 minutes to examine available data on a table and ask questions and then 10-15 to summarize the situation and recommend next steps. All behavioral questions were fairly typical.

Turnaround was very quick: only a few days between application due date and first interview, then a week before second interview, then another 9 days before the offer.

Interview Questions

• How many new spoons are sold annually in the United States (only metal, no plastic)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Notre Dame, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Attended the on campus job fair. Applied through university career center with resume and cover letter. On campus interviews followed by office-site interviews. The on campus interview was broken up into three main parts: behavioral questions, quantitative/ math based questions, and case questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary in terms of questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the ONE salient skill that you would offer Nielsen?   Answer Question

Professional Services Analytics Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I submitted an application and was followed up with a call from HR that was basically a get to know me call, then I scheduled a video interview. This process took about 2 weeks all together.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nielsen, Talk about a time you were faced with a difficult situation and how you resolved that situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school and on campus recruiting. I got an email for an interview. The day before the interview on a Monday they invited us to a "mixer" that night to make us feel better for a couple hours. It did not. They also required us to take an hour long logic test the day before the interview. Very frustrating and felt like they didnt respect our time. Interviewed with one person the next day for 45 mins.

Flew out to Chicago to interview all day and they let me know my flight info 2 days before my flight. Another lack of concern/care for the candidates. There were four 45 min long interviews with a case study. No feedback. Intermixed marketing questions.

I was on a deadline for another offer and called multiple times to remind them of this. They told me via email the day before my deadline which I found pretty disrespectful. Overall, I have only heard more horrible experiences from other candidates with Nielsen and their HR. Speaks volumes of the company itself

Interview Questions

• Coke wants to start a wine line, what would you tell them?   Answer Question
    • An existing yogurt brand wants to increase their pricing, should they?   Answer Question
    • How many people will buy christmas trees this year   Answer Question

Professional Services Analytics Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took a little over 5 weeks from from the info session to the offer. I took an online test, participated in a meet and greet with associates night, and had 1 round of on campus interviews. The interview was 75% experience-based questions and 25% (% breakdown based on time spent) technical marketing/"case" questions. I don't like calling it a case because they were quite general, just giving you an opportunity to throw out important knowledge you could bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to think big picture   Answer Question

Professional Services, Experience Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

In person interview the day after my school's Career Fair. The interview was about 30 minutes long and only a one-on-one. The first part of the interview was background questions, then more behavioral questions, and then 2 conceptual based questions, and then finally just some logistical questions.

Interview Questions

• You need to lower your advertisement budget in the next quarter. How would you go about deciding which spending you need to cut?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Storrs, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

I did the on-campus interview. I'm not sure if I moved onto the next round yet. The interviewers were quite nice. It appeared that they had 3 questions for each category of question and had to ask at least one.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you solved a problem with a broad perspective?   Answer Question