Nielsen Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.9

163 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my app online, a few days later an HR rep contacted me for a short phone call. It was a standard phone call - talked about my background, my interest in Nielsen (definitely an important question that you need to answer well). It went well enough that she sent me a case study, which was meant to be completed within a few days. I thought it was pretty simple, but then again, I never got feedback on it.

Next part was an in person interview, where I met with a VP and then two team members after. Two 30 minute interviews that weren't too difficult, pretty conversational with a mix of personality questions and more explaining my background and why I think I would be a good fit. After the second interview, I was introduced to more members from the team, which I thought was a good sign that I had performed fairly well.

Followed up after with thank you notes, then a week or so later sent an email asking if a decision had been made. No response, then sent one a few days ago and no response. Not really sure what they are looking for. I doubt I was the most qualified candidate, but I thought I did well enough to warrant a response following the interview. It's a nice building and obviously a really well known company, but I was disappointed to just be ignored post interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview request email from HR a little over a week later. Did an initial phone screen with HR to make sure I'm human and sane and literate. Was assigned an analytics project to turn in about a week later, along with a few in-person interviews, where I met with two people at a time. Heard back a week after that to schedule a second round of interviews, then a week after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all pretty standard, why you want the job, what you'll bring to the table, background, etc. A few asked about the assignment they gave, one person asked a pretty straightforward reasoning question a la the "golf balls in a bus" scenario.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

Went in through the entree level straight out of school 2 year program. Had an initial phone interview with HR, then face to face with someone in the department in the office. Pretty standard so far, not too many technical questions if any at all.
    Then I got moved to a direct hire position instead, which had not been posted yet. Had another phone interview with my future boss (remote position) who asked a lot of questions about my thesis to see if I had a deep understanding of the dataset I was working with. Probably the most applicable interview I've ever had. Was terrifying, thought I definitely didn't have the job, but got called back for another phone interview with another senior person in the department, which was a nice conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the nitty gritty of a dataset you've worked with.   1 Answer

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, and then had a phone interview followed by an onsite interview. Everything went smoothly and I was highly qualified for the role. The phone interview was with the hiring manager, and the onsite interview was with her manager. After being told I would hear from them in 2-3 weeks, I was completely ghosted. I followed up with all parties to see if they reached a decision and heard nothing back. When I logged into the job portal, the job was no longer listed. I find it to be completely unprofessional to not even respond and then delete the job posting entirely without even sending applicants a stock email.

Senior Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

1st - screening by HR (experience and qualifications, salary expectations)
    2nd - online test, SHL-type (numerical, verbal reasoning and personality test)
    3rd - interview with manager and director (behavioral questions)

The interviewers are highly professional and kind, but the HR was not sympathetic, very pushy regarding salary range expectation

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

This was an initial phone interview for a market research position. I didn't have extensive experience, but I had customer relations background that was somewhat applicable. There were questions about my background, what I was looking for and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I thought I'd be able to do the job given my background.   Answer Question

Bilingual Research Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Basic questions about call center experience from previous jobs and past job experience with disgruntled or irate customers which you will have alot of experience with working with nielsen, other than that very basic question they would ask any other job interview you might go to

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Evanston, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was pretty brutal. I spoke on the phone with someone from Nielsen's HR department. It was a little weird because I got absolutely no feedback on my answers, so it just kind of felt like I was rambling. After the phone interview, I had to take an online aptitude test. I wish that I had a better understanding of what the test would be when I started it. There were some logic questions and some personality questions. The test goes on for a while. The logic questions were difficult in the sense that I did not have enough time to work through them. I would definitely recommend having a pen and paper ready to go.

I took the online test 3 weeks ago, and I never heard back. I'm not just saying it was a bad overall experience because I didn't get an offer. It was legitimately rough.

Interview Questions

• How many miles are run on a treadmill during a given Saturday in May?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

apply online, they give a call back and a few emails, in person interview in which you will later take a call center simulation assessment, got a job offer the same day

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There were 3 rounds
    1.they gave me a Case study and asked questions based on it
    2. Then there were Basic statistics and situational questions
    3.next round had Situational questions. They were basic logical reasoning ones

Interview Questions

• Based on a case study how to plan the next media strategy?   1 Answer