Nielsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,151 Interview Reviews

2.9

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

It was a long process over 3 months. I had multiple interviews but no one had a firm job description and each person had their own version of what the work would entail.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in my ability to unify disparate solutions into an integrated business proposal.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

One screening interview (behavioral) followed by two interviews with members of the team hiring the intern. Questions in final round interviews are entirely dependent on the team you're applying to work with.

Innovation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mexico City (Mexico)) in October 2013.

Interview

3 Interviews. 1st one with HR is a Logic Math test, 2nd one with HR and 3rd with all Area managers to discuss business cases, talk a bit about your self and check your english skills.

Client Relationship Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2017.

Interview

I was asked to interview with two managers at Nielsen. On the following week, I was then called to meet with another manager and then finally the head of revenue within the same week. In total I had three interviews within 1 week.
    I had differing signals and messages on what they really wanted as a candidate. There was little or no communication from HR or feedback following the interviews, even after I had written to follow up to understand next steps and gain feedback, which is always valuable.
    Although some of the managers were very friendly and some great questions were asked, personal calls were taken during the last stages of the interview which didn't give me a great impression, signalling my that my candidature is not that important or fully respected.
    HR need to be more proactive and polite in greeting a candidate, for example shaking hands and a smile always helps to provide a good impression to any professional who considers Nielsen as potential company to work for instead of being ushered into a room without a hello. Feedback should also be provided to the candidate, whether it is positive or negative as it is a fundamental and important part of the process to maintain a good impression and honest relations.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a service or product you have managed previously?   1 Answer

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New Delhi (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

7 rounds normally, wherein it starts with understanding your experience, Job profile and then Aptitude test, Logical reasoning, case study, situation activity and then it ends with presentation, Panel Interview. Post that There will be HR rounds for salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

• How do you think can contribute to Nielsen growth story?   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Just an application on line not much gudiance and the pay wasn't enough points on the board i actually thought this was an quality service and they only paid oncea month on a point system

Interview Questions

• About commercial activities   1 Answer

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role twice within a year. I finally got invited for an interview. The whole process took around 3 months and it included a few telephonic interviews, an online test, and a face to face role play / presentation

Interview Questions

• If I had to convince my manager to hire you. Tell me a few words that describe you.   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university website, received an invitation to interview within the week. Overall the interview was pretty basic with the "take me through a time when..." questions along with a basic description of who and where you are in life.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with people who did not share the same opinion/ outlook as you.   Answer Question

Senior Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was very easy. As I had worked with them in the past as well. But the HR is very slow. It took 3 months for me to hear back.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

Telephonic. A team of five people took the interview. One of them was the head of data science team , one was a team lead and other two were executive level data scientists.

Interview Questions

• Basic Statistics, R, Excel, VBA and Projects done and paper written.   Answer Question