Nielsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,019 Interview Reviews

2.9

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 people from Nielsen. Fairly simple and straight forward. The first interview was mainly behavioral with some general questions about experience working with data in the past. Lots of personal questions such past work experiences, involvement on campus, etc. There was also an opportunity towards the end of the interview to ask the interviewers questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with a large set of data? How did you make it meaningful?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Approached by the talent acquisition staff, then asked to send a resume via mail, after which they set up an appointment of interview with Directors.
    The interview took place after office hours, at the Nielsen's Office.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)) in April 2016.

Interview

un entretien téléphonique d'abord, le HR me questionne en français et en anglais
    puis l'entretien physique, y a inclus un petit test de math et de package Microsoft.Après le manager me demande de se présenter et discuter des situations du marketing concernant

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi choisit Nielsen
      Pourquoi on vous choisit de ce position
      1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Google Hangout Interview with Manager and Dev Lead. Talked with the Sr Developer and Manager. First manager asked series of questions and then the Sr Developer. It was very scripted.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Telephone Interview
    2 to 1 Interview
    Tests
    Final Interview

In the 2 to 1 interview they go through your CV and they also ask how would you deal with certain situations.

The psychometric tests consist of numerical, written and reasoning tests.

The final interview will be with the team leader or director.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough and professional. Approximately 2 months from beginning to end. Phone screening with recruiter, online assessment, one hour phone interview with team member, then on-site with 3 other team members. Recruiter was very professional, and in general everyone I came in contact with was genuine, intelligent, and had a balance of making me feel at ease while asking good pointed questions. If you do your homework and are enthusiastic about the career path then you will, at the very least, be in the running.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nielsen?
      Why do you think you are a good fit for the position?
      Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quarry Bay (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Quarry Bay (Hong Kong)) in May 2017.

Interview

Group Interview, follow by a Final Individual Interview with 2 Interviewees. Group interview is to prepare a presentation with four other candidates based on a market research data pack, to a group of interviewers acting as the client.

Interview Questions

• How do you think about the FMCG industry? If you are the head of the company, what do you think you should do to change the problems?   Answer Question

Research Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Called in for an "interview" where they asked very basic questions (mind you, this was fitting for a high-schooler job). They then proceeded to recording me reading a text out loud in French and English, to evaluate my competency. By then, it was made vaguely clear that I was already hired. The interviewer gave me an English/French proficiency test sheet to fill in and give to the receptionist, and went on his way. I was later e-mailed confirmation of joining the team.

Interview Questions

• Give me a context in which you have used English/French.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online and had a brief phone call with an recruiter about two weeks later. She then scheduled a phone interview with the manager I would be working under for the next week. The phone interview was with two managers and lasted about half an hour. They asked me to go through my resume, talked about some upcoming projects and asked about the value I could add, and then asked some behavioral questions. The recruiter called back about half an hour later and offered the position with a choice for my location.

Interview Questions

• What kind of value could you add to our current upcoming projects?   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program: Operations and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I went to an info session on campus, submitted my application, and was asked in for an interview with 3 Nielsen employees. All of them we're very friendly and and we went on tangents talking as a group. It was a good experience but I was not offered the next round (which was a long online survey/ Q and A).