Nielsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017
1,069 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Interview

I took an assessment to test my analytical skills, then they called me for an interview (this interview was not with a recruiter, rather an employee of the company), then they sent me the offer letter.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First round is phone interview, after that there is a online testing for logic, behavior . One week later, informed second round interview, 2 45 minutes interviews by the team member.

Interview Questions

• Please estimate how many miles are run on trendmill in a day in US.
      Go through the CV   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Wilton, CT).

Interview

The interview consisted of four phases: 1 - Initial phone screen with a Nielsen HR rep, 2 - An electronic assessment test (1hr), 3 - A 1hr phone interview with a VP within the practice area, and 4 - An in-person interview with three Directors/VPs. Overall, the difficulty level was average because I knew the functional area very well. If you do not know the functional area in detail, I'd rank it a difficult interview.

1- The initial phone screen was straightforward. Walk through your resume, why Nielsen, what are you looking for, what's your current salary, etc.

2 - Assessment test - Analytical/Logical reasoning questions (not math, think GMAT type questions) and behavioral questions (generally easy, such as "People would describe you as open to new ideas...."). I am not certain, but I think one needs 12 out of 15 correct to move on to the next phase. On the behavioral, they try to ask you the same question in slightly different ways, at different times, my guess is to see if you answer consistently.

3 - Phone interview. Interviewer asks in depth questions about your background, experiences, and abilities. Plus, questions like "Tell me about a time when...", so be prepared with use case examples of your work

4 - Similar to #3, but in person. Additionally, the last interviewer did a case study; client situation, what they're looking to achieve - How would you approach this problem? Followed by another handout showing the outputs from an analytics study - What insights or guidance would you deliver to the client, based on these results?

After, they took awhile to get back to me, but they offered me the position, which I turned down. The overall compensation for the position was too low (including benefits - their health plans are poor, not competitive at all) plus (they offered a base salary much lower than my current position, below industry standard, and not commensurate with my experience. My take is, Nielsen thinks they can get away with this because people want the brand name Nielsen on their resume. I attempted to negotiate by providing a reasonable counteroffer within ~8% of what they offered, which would still result in me taking a large pay cut to join, plus providing a business case for how I could provide value. They would not negotiate. My take is I hit a "bureaucratic wall," which some companies do - set a ceiling on the salary, even if it is below industry standard with poor benefits, and don't allow any negotiation beyond that.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through how you would you tell a client to approach measuring and assessing the effectiveness of their marketing mix activities?   Answer Question

Global Neurophysiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me by email after 3 weeks. I was redirected to an online scheduling system and have chose one of the available timeslots. After doing that, the recruiter declined the option because of unavailability so I had to choose another one. I thought that was weird because I did choose what was on the list.

During the interview I've decided to continue moving forward because I realized it was a entry level position and it was not what I was looking for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online and had a brief phone call with an recruiter about two weeks later. She then scheduled a phone interview with the manager I would be working under for the next week. The phone interview was with two managers and lasted about half an hour. They asked me to go through my resume, talked about some upcoming projects and asked about the value I could add, and then asked some behavioral questions. The recruiter called back about half an hour later and offered the position with a choice for my location.

Interview Questions

• What kind of value could you add to our current upcoming projects?   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter, and then had a phone interview followed by an onsite interview. Everything went smoothly and I was highly qualified for the role. The phone interview was with the hiring manager, and the onsite interview was with her manager. After being told I would hear from them in 2-3 weeks, I was completely ghosted. I followed up with all parties to see if they reached a decision and heard nothing back. When I logged into the job portal, the job was no longer listed. I find it to be completely unprofessional to not even respond and then delete the job posting entirely without even sending applicants a stock email.

Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First a phone call, then a physical and then a google hangouts interview followed by two weeks of shadowing and then a two week training course in Florida and then another week of training on the job

Interview Questions

• How do you get along with people, handle rejection   1 Answer

PSAE Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Two 45 minutes interviews at my school. I was offered the interview during our Career Fair. The interviews were held the next week along with an information session where you were expected to attend if you had the interview offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview by a recruiter followed by two rounds of in-person interview. HR focused on technical, behavioral and programming parts. One round of in-person interview with the director and the second round with the vice president.

Interview Questions

• One good thing and bad thing with your previous work?   Answer Question
    • Explain one confronting situation you experienced at your previous work place?   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Gary, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted via email for an interview a month after my initial application. Was interviewed by someone from HR for half an hour, then talked with the person I would be working with a week later. Was told I would hear back in a week, and never did.

Interview Questions

• Describe one moment where you worked in a team. How was it difficult. What would you go back and change.   Answer Question