Nielsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,006 Interview Reviews

2.9

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school and on campus recruiting. I got an email for an interview. The day before the interview on a Monday they invited us to a "mixer" that night to make us feel better for a couple hours. It did not. They also required us to take an hour long logic test the day before the interview. Very frustrating and felt like they didnt respect our time. Interviewed with one person the next day for 45 mins.

Flew out to Chicago to interview all day and they let me know my flight info 2 days before my flight. Another lack of concern/care for the candidates. There were four 45 min long interviews with a case study. No feedback. Intermixed marketing questions.

I was on a deadline for another offer and called multiple times to remind them of this. They told me via email the day before my deadline which I found pretty disrespectful. Overall, I have only heard more horrible experiences from other candidates with Nielsen and their HR. Speaks volumes of the company itself

Interview Questions

• Coke wants to start a wine line, what would you tell them?   Answer Question
    • An existing yogurt brand wants to increase their pricing, should they?   Answer Question
    • How many people will buy christmas trees this year   Answer Question

Professional Services Analytics Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process took a little over 5 weeks from from the info session to the offer. I took an online test, participated in a meet and greet with associates night, and had 1 round of on campus interviews. The interview was 75% experience-based questions and 25% (% breakdown based on time spent) technical marketing/"case" questions. I don't like calling it a case because they were quite general, just giving you an opportunity to throw out important knowledge you could bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to think big picture   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Evanston, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was pretty brutal. I spoke on the phone with someone from Nielsen's HR department. It was a little weird because I got absolutely no feedback on my answers, so it just kind of felt like I was rambling. After the phone interview, I had to take an online aptitude test. I wish that I had a better understanding of what the test would be when I started it. There were some logic questions and some personality questions. The test goes on for a while. The logic questions were difficult in the sense that I did not have enough time to work through them. I would definitely recommend having a pen and paper ready to go.

I took the online test 3 weeks ago, and I never heard back. I'm not just saying it was a bad overall experience because I didn't get an offer. It was legitimately rough.

Interview Questions

• How many miles are run on a treadmill during a given Saturday in May?   1 Answer

Lead Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Columbia, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

The overall experience was good. very relaxed. i got a call to set up the initial screen interview. phone screen, followed by a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• previous experience, knowledge of data analytics, presentations and publications, former employers, education, expectation.   Answer Question

Commercial Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2016.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview, and the interviewer said that the final candidates would be flown to New York the following week. I know a candidate who received a rejection email and another who ultimately got an offer, but I never heard anything.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruited on campus and was called back the same night for an interview the next morning. Standard behavior questions and was a comfortable experience. Asked many questions about my resume and had a short conversation with the company.

Nielsen Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Very smooth process. Basically they want to make sure their hiring someone that they feel can meet their needs for the open position. So, they give 6-8 different company members the chance to get to know you to have a general consensus. During the interview you must be quick on your feet and just comfortable and honest with your response. Everyone was extremely pleasant and seemed sincere in the interest in me. Application on 7/28/2016. Call to set up phone interview 8/24/2016. phone interview conducted 8/26/2016. In-person Interview with one gentleman 8/30/2016. Called to set up panel interview via Skype 9/6/2016. Skype panel 9/9/2016. Offer 9/12/2016.

Interview Questions

• Who was the most ineffective person in a position of power you've ever worked with? What was there position / title and why?   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program: Operations and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through a job fair at my university and had an interview the next day. I did not receive an offer
    but If I had I would have had a phone interview after the on campus interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were in a group and the group struggled, and how your group was able to move past it?   Answer Question

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

Quick timeline that would have been helpful for my interview process research:
    June 15th applied, June 17th acknowledged application, July 12th Interview #1 phone screening with HR, July 15th Interview #2 phone interview with hiring manager, Aug 11th Interview #3 in person with hiring manager, Aug 26th Interview #4 phone conference interview with hiring manager and her manager, Aug 29th email received for declined continuance for consideration

This is a very long process...not a whole lot of communication, and hiring goes by their training schedule. I applied June 15th online. I received an email a few days later stating my application has been received. July 12th I received an email for a phone interview (screening) with HR. This was pretty typical and was a smooth process - I was immediately scheduled for a follow up interview with the hiring manager via phone for July 15th. Interview went smoothly and was broken into 2 phone calls due to managers schedule. Manager was encouraging but would be out of contact for a couple weeks but should hear from her manager and would like to get someone hired before classes start Aug 5th I received a little conflicting information about training.

I followed up with Manager on Aug 4th and we scheduled an in person 3rd interview for Aug 11th which makes sense that one would want to meet in person before deciding. This interview was pretty casual since we had a long in phone interview, I walked away feeling good from the experience, and understood the few times of interruptions with cell phone...I have worked in a similar type environment and so it was not unusual for me. I again received different information about some aspects of the job and training than before, but I was still comfortable with the company, position, and information.

Aug 23rd I received an email for a conference chat with the hiring manager and her manager set for Aug 26th. This was a casual but different interview, and the interview I struggle with the most. I felt the other manager may have been a little condensing and not quite hearing me out. We spent a bit of time discussing my previous experience (not related to job skills but more in a difference of opinion point of view) I state this because I heard a lot of "i didn't know that" and "really I didn't think about that aspect" and then not hearing how my skills and experience could translate into his benefit for his team because I was cut off a few times with "not to minimize your previous work experience but..."or "this is different than working in a **previous work environment** because this...." I know it's my job to sell myself but a little hard when being interrupted or minimized. He also asked me questions about my previous interviews bringing up X, Y, Z and I responded to question and explained how that was cleared up and where I stood now...but maybe that worked against me as well. I again received conflicting and very different information about the training and position than the 3 previous interviews.

My experience with HR and the hiring manager were good and encouraging and obviously able to see how my experience and skills could be a benefit. I am on the fence about the last interview just because of what I sensed during the process. I did inquire about what may have happened during the interviews that I could grow on so hopefully that will offer me some information. I was very disappointed in the decision.

Interview Questions

• Some Questions: What do you know about Nielsen? What was your favorite previous job and why? How would you gain access or deal with a secure building? Describe to me how you would convince me to buy a cell phone? How would you describe the position to someone? Which of your previous positions has prepared you best for this position?   Answer Question

OTLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Lafayette, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with HR representative at university career fair, was then invited back the next day for an in person interview. A follow up phone interview was conducted roughly two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Give and example of a time where you and someone you worked with didn't get along and how you resolved that.   Answer Question