Nielsen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,137 Interview Reviews

2.9

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen (Clearwater, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

It was very detailed, asking me about my experience and background, how I would handle problems and issues and if I can work in the fast pace environment and be a self-starter.

Interview Questions

• Years of Experience in Management
      How may direct reports
      Detailed project questions
      Agile practices   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough and professional. Approximately 2 months from beginning to end. Phone screening with recruiter, online assessment, one hour phone interview with team member, then on-site with 3 other team members. Recruiter was very professional, and in general everyone I came in contact with was genuine, intelligent, and had a balance of making me feel at ease while asking good pointed questions. If you do your homework and are enthusiastic about the career path then you will, at the very least, be in the running.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nielsen?
      Why do you think you are a good fit for the position?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

There were 3 phone interviews before an on-site interview, where you complete a rather-straightforward test, followed by 2-3 in-person interviews. Interview with team members across different levels (manager, analyst, etc)

Interview Questions

• Lots of business case problems; things like how would you estimate the market size for a drink. More interested in how you'd answer the problem than arriving at any exact, correct answer.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Google Hangout Interview with Manager and Dev Lead. Talked with the Sr Developer and Manager. First manager asked series of questions and then the Sr Developer. It was very scripted.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

First contacted by recruiter about a week after application deadline, set up two phone interviews and heard back hours after second interview. It was a very straightforward and quick hiring process which I appreciated. Nielsen does a great job staying in contact with applicants and always responds in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• What is a new product or service that particularly interests you?   Answer Question
    • If you had to market that product, how would you do it and why?   Answer Question

Big Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Completely technical ,3 round of interview.

Interview Questions

• Technical
      1.Architectural difference between Cassandra and MongoDB

HR Interview

In next 5 year where you want to see your self?   Answer Question

Membership Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Knoxville, TN) in May 2017.

Interview

The members of Nielsen I interviewed with in Knoxville TN were very serious people hard to find many, if any, personable traits to them. Very politically correct almost to a fault. They were professional, but as a result of their demeanor you didn't really quite know where you stood until the last minute when I'm completely floored that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you get people hesitant to door to door sales open to listening to you?   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program: Operations and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The process was fantastic. The invitational in Tampa is well put on and thought out. It is highly competitive though as the best students from across the country are there.

Interview Questions

• They made you analyze a case study.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

I got an interview chance with Nielsen Chicago office.
    I think it's just a pre-interview with HR and the duration should be about 30min.
    First time: asked half day off, sat there 30min waiting for the incoming call but nothing happened. During in the following emails, HR said she called me three times but it's a busy signal. Then we rescheduled it to 4/10/2017, and this time I’m gonna call her.
    Second time: asked half day off, called her on time, no one answers the phone, left a voice mail, sent out email asked if she can call me back, and called again 15 minutes later, again no one answers.
    I haven’t received any feedback or information yet. Don’t know what happened. Can’t believe this.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

Went in through the entree level straight out of school 2 year program. Had an initial phone interview with HR, then face to face with someone in the department in the office. Pretty standard so far, not too many technical questions if any at all.
    Then I got moved to a direct hire position instead, which had not been posted yet. Had another phone interview with my future boss (remote position) who asked a lot of questions about my thesis to see if I had a deep understanding of the dataset I was working with. Probably the most applicable interview I've ever had. Was terrifying, thought I definitely didn't have the job, but got called back for another phone interview with another senior person in the department, which was a nice conversation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the nitty gritty of a dataset you've worked with.   1 Answer