Nielsen Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It was lovely. I enjoyed talking with the women on the phone, she was very kind and helpful. She was very knowledgeable. I believe I nailed the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my weakness was.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

All applicants required to take about a 3 hour test. Seems a bit ridiculous to require this, but guess they were hiring too many people that didn't know basic math. 10 basic math questions, 2 case studies. Relatively easy if you know conditional probabilities and remember high school math.

Interview Questions

• Basic Math skills test - just make sure you reach each question carefully so you don't incorrectly answer due to not reading the question fully.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Approached by the talent acquisition staff, then asked to send a resume via mail, after which they set up an appointment of interview with Directors.
    The interview took place after office hours, at the Nielsen's Office.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was a long time ago, but I had 5 interviews, first with HR then with a series of managers and even co workers. I had to do a small test but was pretty simple. It felt like one interview too many, but guess they wanted to be sure.

Interview Questions

• It was a long time ago, I don't remember. Some people have to do a test around analytic abilities now I believe.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Process: 6 rounds of interview (and serveral follow-ups) over 5 months. Phone or on-site interviews wtih more than 6 senior management people based out of multi-locations. Behavior questions, past experience discussion, academic background check were conducted, in additon to a full office tour at regional HQ. Eventually did not reach an agreement at offer negotiation round. Very unengaging or unprofessional process.

Pro: Have met a lot of executives at different levels and got more prodound understanding about what was going on with the company, biz division, and the position.

Cons: The hiring needs and JD were changing over and over again, which was really confuing and always set me a wrong expectation to the next rounds of interview. First I was asked if I would be interested in a job at location A (LA), but 2 weeks after I was asked to consider location B (LB). After interview regarding LB job, I was informed that the job was taken by a internal candidate and again was sent to a interview of location C (LC). Unfortunately, LC job was also taken by another candiate (before the interview I was told this round would be all but a "light talk"). After another 2 months, LA came back again but the job title was degraded with no reasonable explaination. At final round, I was told that "the job offer is no more than a matter of time", but after that no one contacted me anymore. No respect to a candidate's dignity and time at all.

Interview Questions

• How can I be sure that staffs of your current employer is better than those of mine? (what an insult and joke...)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nielsen (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

There was a written round where in I was given a real case study to make a report with clear recommendations. TIme was around 3 hours. This was followed by 2 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous work, something which I did different and also about if I were to lead a team, what would be my watchouts   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in September 2010.

Interview

normally it takes 3-4 steps starting from entrance test; interview with HR, interview with user and finally negotiation/seal the deal. However during the negotiation it was a little bit difficult back then in 2010, the HR leader at that time was not really committed to fulfill my compensation benefits package as agreed during the hiring and interview process...it needs a big push to make it happened.

Negotiation

yes I able to negotiate...however ensure you are very proactive as their current HR is the worse HR management I ever experienced

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen in June 2010.

Interview

Had a written test which covered topics like, English, Logical reasoning, Proposal writing and Maths.
    After clearing the written test, two managers interviewed me at the same time.
    Then had an interview with the director for the SBU.
    Final interview was with the HR

Interview Questions

• Need to prepare very well for the logical reasoning and mathematics problems.
      Interview with the director, had me answeing questions on research methods, sampling, data sourcing, designs and general knowledge
      Answer Question

Dint see a growth opportunity

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Kolkata (India)) in December 2009.

Interview

They were called on campus

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Vadodara (India)) in January 2008.

Interview

Received a phone call from a placement agency who asked for CV, current and expected salary and job profile. This was followed by couple of rounds of interviews and they offered a role

Location issue