Nielsen Market Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

3.2

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First round is phone interview, after that there is a online testing for logic, behavior . One week later, informed second round interview, 2 45 minutes interviews by the team member.

Interview Questions

• Please estimate how many miles are run on trendmill in a day in US.
    Go through the CV   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a response within a week to set up a phone interview. The interview was average, though the woman was rather cold. I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions:
      Why do you want to work for us specifically?
      Describe a time when you had to resolve a situation and what you learned from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Starts with an on campus interview, then an online questionnaire, then a half day interview at their office. The campus interview takes about 45 minutes, while the half day is about the same duration but with 4 different people. One of them being a VP and a few department heads.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (East Hanover, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

Was first contacted by HR and had a phone interview. He asked basic questions: describe my current role, past roles, salary expectations, then he explained the position to me. Next I was set up for an assessment test. They send you sample questions which is helpful. I passed the test and was set up on a phone interview with the hiring manager. Again, very basic interview. A few days later I was set up on an on-site interview. I met with 3 different people and the questions were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you haven't met a deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview involves a skills test specifically on statistics, algebra, mathematics, and marketing skills.
    The 1 on 1 interview is fairly basic with questions on goals and situational dilemma.

Interview Questions

• Why Nielsen   1 Answer
    • Walk me through what you would do if a client asked you they deserved better placement in the CVS stores-   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I was referred to Nielsen IAG from a Nielsen recruiter after having experienced the effects of a hiring freeze from another Nielsen division, NM Incite, earlier. I had reached the final rounds after 3-4 weeks of interviewing and having finished an assessment and was told that they were not hiring after receiving good feedback on my interview performance. I thought there would be much hope with the NYC office in that I had made it past the phone screening and was able to meet for an on-site interview with team leaders of various verticals in the IAG division. After making it through that round they require you to complete a case study consisting of a few questions and an excel data sheet which you are to analyze and put into a 15 minute presentation. Having completed that in the 2nd-3rd week then I moved on to the final interview with the specific team I'd technically be working with. Overall, all the people were wonderful and I would have definitely liked to work there. Unfortunately, I was blindsided once again by Nielsen when they told me there was an immediate and indefinite hiring freeze at that moment again. All the people were great, but I was extremely disappointed and angry at having made it to the final rounds of 2 Nielsen Division in the past 4 months to hear there was a hiring freeze.

Overall I feel it was a battle with corporate bureaucracy that made the process so difficult and strenuous. I definitely feel for the IAG staff and understand tensions of being an acquired company.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Dallas, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

very long winded, nothing in the interview really matched the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ok

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I was asked simple questions about what I knew about the company and the position. It was a very simple screening interview. Although I was qualified for the job, the interviewer said my GPA was too low and quickly ended the phone call.

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I applied online, and they contacted me the next day to set the date for the interview which itself was a good experience overall. The interviewers put considerable effort into trying to make us feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• There were standard excel exercises and a case solving exercise.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quarry Bay (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Quarry Bay (Hong Kong)) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Nielsen office in Hong Kong.
    First, a phone interview, inviting you to do an assessment test in their offices. The test includes 10 math questions, followed by 2 case-study. And one email writing.
    If you pass the test, the HR will do a brief interview with you.
    Then I waited about 2 days to be invited to the final round, which is a presentation interview. You will prepare a Powerpoint of a case study they gave you. You will do some analysis, and interpretation of the data.
    The overall presentation interview is okay, but the panel will keep trying to ask you detail question in the data to see how you understand they market. The instructions were like "you can choose only the data that you think is important to illustrate your point, and point that out". So I'm not sure if they want the candidate to construct graph and table herself or not, but all those information provided are already graphs and charts etc.
    Oh, and I had to complete another set of online assessment. That was more like IQ test in Chinese, English wording, spatial image, calculation etc. Very difficult.
    -Personality test as well