Nielsen Market Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Market Research Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

This was an initial phone interview for a market research position. I didn't have extensive experience, but I had customer relations background that was somewhat applicable. There were questions about my background, what I was looking for and what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I thought I'd be able to do the job given my background.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Talked to HR rep on two seperate occasions. Never directly to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• There were no trick questions. All were expected and required.   Answer Question

Position required relocation.

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at Nielsen India Pvt Ltd (Andheri office) Mumbai
    The internship was in the Data acquisition and consumer insight team
    It was direct interview with Manager.
    Basic question based on resume were asked

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Family background
      What is market research
      different types of research
      Difference between them
      what are the various industry sectors
      Why Nielsen
      Answer Question

Marketing Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cergy (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cergy (France)) in November 2013.

Interview

Disorganised hiring process. I applied online and then was contacted by a HR assistant 10 days later for an initial phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, HR scheduled me for the on-site analytical test 1 week later. If I passed the test, I was told I would be interviewed by a consultant the same day.

When I arrived for the test, the HR assistant was unprepared and claimed that I got the day mixed up. I explained that I had confirmed the date verbally and in email, and the assistant eventually apologized and set up the test. However, I was told that I could not be interviewed the same day if I passed the test.

I passed the test, and was contacted 2 days later for an on-site interview with a consultant. When I arrived for the interview, the consultant was unprepared and didn't even have my CV printed out, just on the computer. The job description was communicated verbally, and differed from the job online. The consultant appeared to improvise questions and then explained that they had already identified another candidate who would be a better fit. So I'm not sure as to why I was interviewed in the first place.

The following week, the HR assistant calls again to schedule an interview with a different department. She emphasised this time that the position would be a good fit for me, however, said that she doesn't have a job description available.

So this time I was interviewed by two consultants, both very friendly and actually prepared. They gave me a written job description (which differed from the on-line offer), asked if I was interested (I said yes), then continued the interview. At the end, I was given another written test, in which I had to interpret data sets into graphic form, by hand on pencil and paper. The objective was to see if I could use pie charts, bar charts, etc appropriately.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to solve a problem in absence of your supervisor.   Answer Question
    • When working on multiple projects, how do you prioritise?   1 Answer

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I interviewed at Nielsen (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in June 2013.

Interview

There were a 1.5 hour written test & a one-to-one interview in the first round. After 1.5 week, there were two one-to-one interviews.

The written test was fair, including two case studies and ten simple maths calculations like % and probability. The interviews were simple, asking about background information, experience, etc.

The recruitment process was not quite delightful. They did not answer emails or calls. It is important to take the initiative in contacting them.

Market Research Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online, I was contacted by HR asking me if I could come for the evaluation test the next day, since I was busy, asked for the day after. On the evaluation/HR interview day, met another candidate who was interviewing for the same interview, so while I was doing the evaluation, he was being interviewer and vice versa (in different rooms of course).... Took the test, although i had a language evaluation on top on the usual testing everybody had been talking about here, I wasn't given any additional time so didn't get to finish the language evaluation. After the evaluation, had an interview with an HR lady who look overworked, tired and although she did a good job explaining the job and company, I could see her almost closing her eyes which were completely read, that didn't reassure me about the company. At the end, I had to follow up with her almost 2 weeks after to check the status and was told I didn't pass the evaluation.

My advise is to not let yourself be tricked into taking the evaluation quickly, when they set up the evaluation schedule, they make it seem like routine, easy but trust me you need to prepare as it is a race against time and you need to have few questions and math skills in the pocket before you go..... I am good at testing but think that I made a big mistake by accepting to come for the test after just a day. All my questions were on this site, so ask for at least a week for preparation, take your time and solve every problems here, you should be fine, they are not difficult but you will need to prepare.