Nielsen Marketing Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Marketing Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

First round is phone interview, after that there is a online testing for logic, behavior . One week later, informed second round interview, 2 45 minutes interviews by the team member.

Interview Questions

• Please estimate how many miles are run on trendmill in a day in US.
    Go through the CV

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I applied online, and they contacted me the next day to set the date for the interview which itself was a good experience overall. The interviewers put considerable effort into trying to make us feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• There were standard excel exercises and a case solving exercise.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quarry Bay (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Quarry Bay (Hong Kong)) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Nielsen office in Hong Kong.
    First, a phone interview, inviting you to do an assessment test in their offices. The test includes 10 math questions, followed by 2 case-study. And one email writing.
    If you pass the test, the HR will do a brief interview with you.
    Then I waited about 2 days to be invited to the final round, which is a presentation interview. You will prepare a Powerpoint of a case study they gave you. You will do some analysis, and interpretation of the data.
    The overall presentation interview is okay, but the panel will keep trying to ask you detail question in the data to see how you understand they market. The instructions were like "you can choose only the data that you think is important to illustrate your point, and point that out". So I'm not sure if they want the candidate to construct graph and table herself or not, but all those information provided are already graphs and charts etc.
    Oh, and I had to complete another set of online assessment. That was more like IQ test in Chinese, English wording, spatial image, calculation etc. Very difficult.
    -Personality test as well

Analyst Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cergy (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cergy (France)) in October 2015.

Interview

sur le site => entretien téléphonique => test excel + étude de cas => entretien physique.
    j'ai passé un entretien avec un premier département qui ont trouvé un stagiaire mieux que moi. du coup la RH m'a rappelé pour passer un deuxième entretien avec un autre département.

Interview Questions

• quel produit faut-il proposé au client et pourquoi ? (liée au cas)   Answer Question

Negotiation

pas de négo

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was pretty straight forward . Had a telephonic interview with the hr initially , followed by an online assessment ( mainly aptitude). I was then called for a technical round & another hr round to the office at markham . Hr round was just a repetition of the initial telephonic round. Exact same questions! Technical round, asked for my favorite model and just some sample analysis. Have not heard back after that.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a response within a week to set up a phone interview. The interview was average, though the woman was rather cold. I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions:
      Why do you want to work for us specifically?
      Describe a time when you had to resolve a situation and what you learned from it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Starts with an on campus interview, then an online questionnaire, then a half day interview at their office. The campus interview takes about 45 minutes, while the half day is about the same duration but with 4 different people. One of them being a VP and a few department heads.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)) in September 2014.

Interview

So I submitted my resume through employee referral. 1 week later, i got a phone call from Nielsen's HR at night. I thought it was only gonna be a short one. But the phone interview lasted like 1 hour. The HR was very professional, he went through each line of my resume, and I had tried my best linked it my educational background and past internship experience with market research. At the end of the phone interview, i was offered to do a online test. It contained personality test and logic test, and there is a time limit for each question. few days later i got an email saying that i passed the online test and would like to schedule a in-person meeting with me. About another week later, I went to the office for the interview. There were the HR and 2 managers who interviewed me. Before we talked, i did a math exam and a analytical presentation based on the material they gave me. Then I got to talk with the hr and managers who later worked with me. Apart from the test and presentation, they asked me general questions, like why Nielsen, what is my opinion about working in a team, work overtime, etc. The in-person interviewed last about 3 hours. And the result was given in 1 week.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about market research?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

1)Online test 2)in person HR interview 3)case study + interview with the hiring manager.
    Overall the process was very fast and only took a couple of weeks. Do not be intimidated by the case study interview, they're really trying to test your thought process and confidence in your own abilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experience   1 Answer

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

Resume was submitted internally.
    First round interview was with HR Manager focused entirely on behavioural questions and expanding on resume.
    Second round interview was a case study informal presentation with two managers. An hour to prepare case analysis independently. After the hour, meet with them managers who try to get to know you better - behavioural questions, technical skills, thought leadership question. Finish off by presenting the case.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked on a dysfunctional team.

Case study solving real-life scenario of brand losing market share, how can it overcome this?