Nielsen Marketing Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Marketing Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 27, 2016

3.2

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

1)Online test 2)in person HR interview 3)case study + interview with the hiring manager.
Overall the process was very fast and only took a couple of weeks. Do not be intimidated by the case study interview, they're really trying to test your thought process and confidence in your own abilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experience   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

Resume was submitted internally.
    First round interview was with HR Manager focused entirely on behavioural questions and expanding on resume.
    Second round interview was a case study informal presentation with two managers. An hour to prepare case analysis independently. After the hour, meet with them managers who try to get to know you better - behavioural questions, technical skills, thought leadership question. Finish off by presenting the case.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked on a dysfunctional team.

Case study solving real-life scenario of brand losing market share, how can it overcome this?
      Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in October 2014.

Interview

The process started with a assessment in which there were 4 people and a case situation (the person in charge just had to evaluate their behaviors). Then, after 2 days they called for a maths and statistics exams (the first one was quite easy, the second was a bit tricky). The third phase of the process were some personality tests and an interview. Then, Nielsen arranged a case study at their offices and it was pretty hard, I did not passed to the final interview

Interview Questions

• In the final case, Even though the market situation was growing, you were supposed to be a brand A with not such a good sales behavior and market share. They gave me some graphs, sales information, pricing, numeric distribution and weighted distribution (the last ones were very confusing)   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)) in September 2014.

Interview

So I submitted my resume through employee referral. 1 week later, i got a phone call from Nielsen's HR at night. I thought it was only gonna be a short one. But the phone interview lasted like 1 hour. The HR was very professional, he went through each line of my resume, and I had tried my best linked it my educational background and past internship experience with market research. At the end of the phone interview, i was offered to do a online test. It contained personality test and logic test, and there is a time limit for each question. few days later i got an email saying that i passed the online test and would like to schedule a in-person meeting with me. About another week later, I went to the office for the interview. There were the HR and 2 managers who interviewed me. Before we talked, i did a math exam and a analytical presentation based on the material they gave me. Then I got to talk with the hr and managers who later worked with me. Apart from the test and presentation, they asked me general questions, like why Nielsen, what is my opinion about working in a team, work overtime, etc. The in-person interviewed last about 3 hours. And the result was given in 1 week.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about market research?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First rounds was a telephone interview with HR followed by an online logical test/math test. If you get a certain score you then get asked to come in for an in person interview with HR Questions included tell me your strengths, tell me your weakness, why Nielsen?
    I then had to wait about 3-4 weeks and got a call back for another interview, case based. The case was regarding how Product A was doing in comparison to Product B. You have about 1hour to put together you analysis on the case and then present it to a panel during the panel interview. There are no right or wrong answers, just make sure you walk them through your thought process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they were not open to it and it was presented as a take it or leave it time scenario.

Market Analyst Interview

Interview

Written test for one hour, and then interviewed with two Human Resources Manager for almost 30 minutes, and then interviewed with the associate director for another 30 minutes. It took about almost 3 hours to finish the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• If I call your boss, what do you think your boss is gonna tell me   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in December 2013.

Interview

1. round was an aptitude test.
    2. round was an interview, CV overview, info about position
    3. case study, perform presentation of introduction of MS Excel, meeting representant of the client company were I could be assigned.

Interview Questions

• Actually nothing unexpected. Test was not difficult for me, you can find some parts of it online.   Answer Question

Better option

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

The initial communication was a phone interview where they asked questions like what were your motivations and how much you knew the company.

The face to face interview was almost 2 hours long.
    1 Hour was for an assessment that they administered.
    The other hour was to explain/present your answers.

I got a reply at the end of the day so that was really good in terms of efficiency.

Interview Questions

• The mini case study was interesting. You just have to cover all your bases and explain/justify your answers accordingly. The important thing is to have a framework and show your thought processes.   1 Answer

Market Analyst Interview

Interview

First I was called for an analytical test, which was composed of a numerical section and then a written section. The numerical section involved fundamental arithmetic and statistical problems and probability. There were 2 case studies in the written section. There was some data given and I was asked to analyze that and give a recommendation.

Interview Questions

• Question on Conditional probability. You need to know the formulas to answer the question!   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I am not sure if Nielsen’s US office follows the same hiring process as Canada but, in any case, this should help.

For the application, Nielsen usually asks for your resume and a cover letter (motivation – why Nielsen). After submitting your application, if you demonstrate to have their requirements, you are expected to get a phone call or e-mail from the HR to schedule a phone interview. That’s the firm’s initial drilling.

Your phone interview will be fairly short and will be for Nielsen to determine if you are interested and just have a quick chat. HR spoke about 5 minutes about the opportunity and then they asked me to tell them a little bit about myself, my background, why I want to join Nielsen and my future career goals. The interview took just 20 minutes and after that they sent me an analytical assignment to complete. You will have 1 day to submit them the test. The HR will contact you back few days later if you did well in the test.

The second interview should take 1 hour and be conducted in person by the head of HR. She will be the person to impress because she determines “fit” for the company. I come from a background of finance so I know that in finance, interviews are competitive and stressful. At Nielsen it is a lot more relaxed and they are really looking for somebody who can fit in the company. So relax, people from Nielsen are nice!

Interview Questions

• My interview started with she asking me questions from my resume. She asked me how my job related to the Market Analyst position and then she asked me some behavioural questions:

• What a good team was for me and tell an example of a time I worked with a team and achieved good results
      • In my view, how my relationship with the manager should be and how I managed this relationship in the past
      • Why I want to work for Nielsen and what are my future goals
      • What are my three major strengths
      • Where do l think I need to improve

After that she asked me:
      • about my salary range and if the proposed salary and benefits was OK for me
      • if I am legally able to work in Canada, and
      • when I am available to start

They then finally concluded the interview by reviewing the position, the company, the future perspectives and trainings with me.

If you succeed, Nielsen will contact you and you will get a case to present in your final interview along with two managers (people that will work with you – your manager and the account director). So, this third interview will also be conducted in person with the person who would make the final decision about hiring.

For the case, you will likely be given some sales data for Company A and will have to prepare a short powerpoint presentation incorporating this data. This will test three things:
      1. Your ability to analyze the data