Nielsen Membership Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.5

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First a phone call, then a physical and then a google hangouts interview followed by two weeks of shadowing and then a two week training course in Florida and then another week of training on the job

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview then an in person interview with two people. It was a very long process. Hiring should be done quickly in the company. Wait too long in between steps.

Interview Questions

• As a bunch of job situation questions as well as interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Sacramento, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Long, you have a phone interview and two in person. They are down to earth and there was little pressure. This job is a door to door sales job(trash) where the turn over rate is in the 80% or so. If you can breath and have sales experience you got the job. I'm sure there are worse sales jobs....

Membership Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in July 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, in person screening and panel interview process. The process was really easy and there was nothing out of the ordinary. This job isn't for everyone so keep that in mind when applying.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were trying to enter a secured building?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Birmingham, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview then a face to face interview. After a couple of weeks, I received an Email to participate in a ride along. The person whom I suppose to do a ride along kept canceling the appointment to do the ride along. I finally did the ride along. During the ride along the employee was on the phone ordering flowers for his business and making phone calls for his business. I did not get the job and I believe the employee gave me a negative evaluation because I Email his supervisor because he kept cancelling the appointment for the ride along and I kept adjusting my schedule.

Interview Questions

• If you see a sign that say no trespassing will you still conduct the interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, interview with Hiring Manager, and then interviewed with two Hiring Managers. You will be asked to go to FL for 3 weeks of training as well if you get hired.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions but also ask you to role play   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Hartford, CT) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at a hotel with 3 managers. Process was very comfortable and lasted about 1 hour. Questions were predictable and we had conversations about each topic. I did not expect three managers when I arrived and that should have been explained in advance.

Interview Questions

• Experience talking to all types of people, at their door   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Houston, TX).

Interview

3 interviews and then sent for 3 weeks training in FL. First over the phone with a placement person, the second was another phone interview and set up in person appointment. Then after the interview, and training period is over there is supposed to be another ride along with a trainer for a week or two, but trainers seemed distracted by personal business.

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I got an email first saying my application was under review, then a phone interview with the recruiter, then one interview with the hiring manager who called me about a week later to tell me I got the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is really no negotiating, you are offered base plus bonus, take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nielsen (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter to cover your background and outline the job requirements. Then after a couple weeks, a face to face interview with the Sales Manage to go over roughly the same topics. Once you're hired, you are scheduled to train for three weeks at their headquarters in Oldsmar, Florida...a city just outside Tampa Bay.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with knocking on doors every day?   1 Answer