Nielsen Membership Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017

2.6

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Baltimore, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a Talent Acquisition professional. We set up a time to talk briefly within a few days. It didn't take long to apply online, and their system does more than pull information from your resume; it also allows a chance for you to add information. After I applied online, Nielsen sent me an email that day to set up a Google hangout interview with three people in management roles. They explained their roles at the company, asked me to walk them through my experience, answered my questions, and asked questions that made sense for the position. It was a pleasant experience. If I had been interested, a second interview would have been the next step.

Interview Questions

• There are many times that you will hear "no" in this role of going door-to-door. How will you deal with that.   1 Answer
  • Your schedule will include evenings and weekends so that you can speak with families when they are home. This includes all types of neighborhoods. Are you comfortable with that?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Nashville, TN) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and receive an email after 2 days to set up for a phone interview with the recruiter. After 2 days received an email with the marketing manager setting up for the interview

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you knocking on doors of every family on an area assigned to you?   Answer Question

Membership Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen in July 2017.

Interview

Phone meeting with HR, then a 5 person video interview (Google Hangouts) then met with Sales Manager in person. All nice, professional people. But alas, did not get the position :(

Interview Questions

• How would you get past security at a gated community   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nielsen (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First a phone call, then a physical and then a google hangouts interview followed by two weeks of shadowing and then a two week training course in Florida and then another week of training on the job

Interview Questions

• How do you get along with people, handle rejection   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview then an in person interview with two people. It was a very long process. Hiring should be done quickly in the company. Wait too long in between steps.

Interview Questions

• As a bunch of job situation questions as well as interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Sacramento, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Long, you have a phone interview and two in person. They are down to earth and there was little pressure. This job is a door to door sales job(trash) where the turn over rate is in the 80% or so. If you can breath and have sales experience you got the job. I'm sure there are worse sales jobs....

Membership Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in July 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, in person screening and panel interview process. The process was really easy and there was nothing out of the ordinary. This job isn't for everyone so keep that in mind when applying.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were trying to enter a secured building?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Birmingham, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview then a face to face interview. After a couple of weeks, I received an Email to participate in a ride along. The person whom I suppose to do a ride along kept canceling the appointment to do the ride along. I finally did the ride along. During the ride along the employee was on the phone ordering flowers for his business and making phone calls for his business. I did not get the job and I believe the employee gave me a negative evaluation because I Email his supervisor because he kept cancelling the appointment for the ride along and I kept adjusting my schedule.

Interview Questions

• If you see a sign that say no trespassing will you still conduct the interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, interview with Hiring Manager, and then interviewed with two Hiring Managers. You will be asked to go to FL for 3 weeks of training as well if you get hired.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions but also ask you to role play   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Hartford, CT) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at a hotel with 3 managers. Process was very comfortable and lasted about 1 hour. Questions were predictable and we had conversations about each topic. I did not expect three managers when I arrived and that should have been explained in advance.

Interview Questions

• Experience talking to all types of people, at their door   1 Answer