Nielsen Membership Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Membership Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview then an in person interview with two people. It was a very long process. Hiring should be done quickly in the company. Wait too long in between steps.

Interview Questions

• As a bunch of job situation questions as well as interview questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Membership Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in July 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, in person screening and panel interview process. The process was really easy and there was nothing out of the ordinary. This job isn't for everyone so keep that in mind when applying.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were trying to enter a secured building?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Birmingham, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview then a face to face interview. After a couple of weeks, I received an Email to participate in a ride along. The person whom I suppose to do a ride along kept canceling the appointment to do the ride along. I finally did the ride along. During the ride along the employee was on the phone ordering flowers for his business and making phone calls for his business. I did not get the job and I believe the employee gave me a negative evaluation because I Email his supervisor because he kept cancelling the appointment for the ride along and I kept adjusting my schedule.

Interview Questions

• If you see a sign that say no trespassing will you still conduct the interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Hartford, CT) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at a hotel with 3 managers. Process was very comfortable and lasted about 1 hour. Questions were predictable and we had conversations about each topic. I did not expect three managers when I arrived and that should have been explained in advance.

Interview Questions

• Experience talking to all types of people, at their door   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Houston, TX).

Interview

3 interviews and then sent for 3 weeks training in FL. First over the phone with a placement person, the second was another phone interview and set up in person appointment. Then after the interview, and training period is over there is supposed to be another ride along with a trainer for a week or two, but trainers seemed distracted by personal business.

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I got an email first saying my application was under review, then a phone interview with the recruiter, then one interview with the hiring manager who called me about a week later to tell me I got the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is really no negotiating, you are offered base plus bonus, take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nielsen (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter to cover your background and outline the job requirements. Then after a couple weeks, a face to face interview with the Sales Manage to go over roughly the same topics. Once you're hired, you are scheduled to train for three weeks at their headquarters in Oldsmar, Florida...a city just outside Tampa Bay.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with knocking on doors every day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tallahassee, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. The interview took like 2 hours but was very laid back my manager was great and put me to ease. There are a lot if personality questions. Experience doesn't matter much if you have willlibgness and ability to perform

Interview Questions

• Case study format at a conference room in hotel   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Phone screening, Skype Interview and an in person interview with numerous supervisory levels

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about bugs and dirt? We work in the field and experience it all in people's homes!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple...very fair offer from the start

Membership Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2013.

Interview

There was a quick, initial phone interview. Then came a 2-hour group interview, which included 15 minutes of research and a 5-minute presentation on a Nielsen product. The next step was an individual ride along with a current representative for the top candidates, who were required to pass a background check first. After that, there was another quick phone interview to follow up about your experience on the ride along. Last but not least was a call with the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary non-negotiable but you can earn quarterly bonuses if you been your weekly goals.