Nielsen Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

3.2

SAP FI Fresher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through institute. Interview process took 1 day. There were 3 rounds 1Technical followed by a managerial and HR round. Technical round was purely based on cv where general concepts and configuration were asked. Managerial round was easy and was more like personal interview.

After that Senior person introduced me to HR and and I was intimated by HR that I am selected (1 more girl was selected apart from me). After 3 days i received a call from HR that she will be releasing offfer letter in next week. I waited for a week and after 5 days I called her up to check the status. HR intimated that business is planning for only 1 resource and hence they have dropped me and selected the other only.

ARC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

First Round - Aptitute Test (Maths & English section) + Market Research Case studies + Logical Reasoning. It went pretty good especially mathematical case studies, similar to MBA entrance exams. Most being multiple choices with case studies being subjective written types. Gave us a total time duration of 90 mins. Were also told about the min. cutoff to clear the same.
    Second Round : HR interview
    Third Round : Technical interview related to basic marketing & market research concepts

Interview Questions

• HR Interview:
      Why neilsen? What is so special about this role? etc.

Technical Interview:
      7P's of Marketing mix? Types of Primary research? etc.
      Answer Question

BPI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Multiple rounds with different interviewers across the globe; questions on leadership and past projects. Mix of behavioral questions and technical questions. Good experience as different culture interviewers ask similar questions all focused on seeing your fit into their team!

Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Aptitude test followed by in person interview. Aptitude consisted of a case study on SWOT for a new product, some verbal and quant questions. Personal Interview was generic with questions such as about yourself and your previous work experience..

Interview Questions

• Guesstimate Questions: How to arrive at total existing automobile in the country   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

first there was a arc analyst test then later 2 rounds of interviews one hr and one technical the hr round was easy with a logic based question and the second round was a technical round. you need to get your basics right to pass through this round

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed at Nielsen India Pvt Ltd (Andheri office) Mumbai
    The internship was in the Data acquisition and consumer insight team
    It was direct interview with Manager.
    Basic question based on resume were asked

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Family background
      What is market research
      different types of research
      Difference between them
      what are the various industry sectors
      Why Nielsen
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The process starts with the HR person calling u and fixing a date and time for the aptitude test.. Entire process has 3 stages..
    1st is aptitude which is difficult. It is split into three parts with a case study included .. If u clear u are called for HR interview and then technical interview..

Client Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

Lengthy process, no effective internal and external communication, lazy hr team, need to work on the management. First is telephonic round, then aptitude round which is screening round which is between average to difficult level.And if you are selected you get to go for technical round

Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Initially there was a written test. Full of statistics. Someone with decent knowledge should be able to clear the test. Correlation, regression, types of sampling and 3 case studies on sampling were there. Time is a constraint. I had to hurry up at the end so that I could attempt all the questions. Overall I felt it was moderately difficult test.

Interview Questions

• Questions on internship roles, excel, R programming and few behavioral ones. Should have sound software knowledge.   Answer Question

ARC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

They screen you with an Aptitude test which people say in general is difficult but I found it quite easy. Here they test your English by asking you to correct sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms etc. Nothing too high level.
    Then they have initial HR round followed by 2 technical rounds after which I got the offer

Interview Questions

• If you have 2 asymmetrical vessels of 3 Ltrs and 5 Ltrs with an unlimited water supply, How will you measure 4 ltrs of water?   1 Answer
    • How many footballs would it take to fill this entire room?   1 Answer
    • What has been a major mistake in your life and how did you manager it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were offering a salary way below my current salary but I simply said that I cannot go below this. I didn't say much after that and was willing to walk out of the interview which is when they reconsidered their offer.