Nielsen Nielsen Field Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Nielsen Field Representative Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Very smooth process. Basically they want to make sure their hiring someone that they feel can meet their needs for the open position. So, they give 6-8 different company members the chance to get to know you to have a general consensus. During the interview you must be quick on your feet and just comfortable and honest with your response. Everyone was extremely pleasant and seemed sincere in the interest in me. Application on 7/28/2016. Call to set up phone interview 8/24/2016. phone interview conducted 8/26/2016. In-person Interview with one gentleman 8/30/2016. Called to set up panel interview via Skype 9/6/2016. Skype panel 9/9/2016. Offer 9/12/2016.

Interview Questions

• Who was the most ineffective person in a position of power you've ever worked with? What was there position / title and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Louisville, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a email, i then received another email to set up an interview. First had a phone interview (more like a screen to make sure you qualified for the role).Secondly, I had A sit down interview with a manager. We further discussed he role and my qualifications. It lasted about an hour. I was offered a job a week later pending a background check. the whole process took a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your home TV set up?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Greensboro, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the position in Greensboro, NC. The previous interview was still going on when I arrived and was a few minutes over my scheduled time. The person interviewing me did not apologize and he acted like he didn't want to be there. I did not get a good vibe from my interviewer. Maybe it had something to do with me being the last interview of the day on a Friday. I've never had a bad interview, but that day I left feeling like it was a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of roll playing questions and questions about my previous employers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Skype interview. We exchange pleasantries. Asked me how ride along was, as it is a requirement for being hired. Asked me about how i address difficult people. They asked me if i minded working overtime and how coated i would be to my work.If i can function alone without being micromanaged (they do that )

Interview Questions

• asked me to describe what i did to cheer a customer up   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Memphis, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied for job online in December...received an email from from recruiter for a 10 min interview. The next phase had a Skype interview with sales manager. Went very well. The next week received consent for background check. (I have a clean background). Two weeks have gone by no response from the company. I emailed recruiter..she responded the sales manger would call me. Another two weeks no response

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nielsen (Evansville, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied to Nielsen's outside sales position through Craigslist. 2 days after submitting my resume someone from Nielsen emailed me to setup a phone interview the following Monday. The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes and just went over the details of the job which lead to a set date for an in person interview at a local hotel 2 days prior. My in person interview lasted about 30 minutes. 15 minutes going back over the details an expectations of the job. I have a very strong sales background including entry level, supervision, up to account management. So I was never concerned with the interview but more eager to learn about the benefits "company car, company card for gas/maintenance , iPhone, laptop" also the $31,200 annually salary with opportunity for paid OT, and quarterly bonuses based on performance. The average quarterly bonuses pay between 4-6k a quarter some make up to 15-20k. So splitting the average of 4-6 into 5k a quarter. That's 20k a year plus $31,200 salary= $51k + overtime pay, company car, gas/maintenance, in addition to a company iPhone, laptop. Another 5 minutes of basic questions to make sure I was a good fit and insuring that traveling if needed wouldn't be a problem along with working long hours. "Evenings, weekends if needed". Then another 10 minutes just chatting and going over the next steps to expect if selected. I interviewed in person on October 10th, I was advised if hired id go to a 3-4 week training in Tampa Florida if selected they would begin mid December/early January. 2 days after my interview my local manager that did my in person interview contacted and advised me he thought I'd do great and that he didn't want me to wait until December if possible he would move me into the next training class available if they could find an open spot. He advised if possible I'd leave November 3rd for a 3-4 week training in Tampa if I passed my background. The next day I received an email from hr to do my background, asked for drivers license number and SS. 2 days after that my manager contacted me officially offering me the job and once again. Going offer salary, benefits offer. He advised I'd be sent paperwork to MANUALLY fill out, print bad bring to Florida with me to training. I applied October 10, I fly to Tampa November 3rd which is a week from today. For anyone coming or thinking of coming on board I hope this. Review helps. And if u already work for Nielsen what kind of company car do we get : ). Thanks alan.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, just be yourself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Explained a $31,200 set salary paid bi weekly with opportunity for overtime paid any hours over 40 for the week. Also quarterly bonuses available by meeting performance goals. Company car, gas card, cell phone, laptop. Was pretty firm offer that was take or leave.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Charlotte, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a request for a phone interview within a few days. This was with the Human resources rep. Then was called in for an in person interview. Great interview process. One supervisor and one current field rep were asking questions. I did not get the position but was impressed with the process for this position.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in all kinds of environments?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2011.

Interview

Describe position. Phone, than manager calls. Three weeks of training in Oldsmar, FL. 90% passing threshold on tests. Tight quality control. 1 week ride along. On your own. A tough job.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Dallas, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Psychological test. Then interview, Then week long ride along. Then 3 weeks at tech school .

Interview Questions

• Nothing off the wall or unexpected. Mostly common sense question   Answer Question