Nielsen Interview Questions in Oxford, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2018

3.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the role twice within a year. I finally got invited for an interview. The whole process took around 3 months and it included a few telephonic interviews, an online test, and a face to face role play / presentation

Interview Questions

• If I had to convince my manager to hire you. Tell me a few words that describe you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from the company 3 weeks later inviting me to an online video assessment via Shortlister. I had 3 days to complete it. 1 week later, they contacted me again inviting me to a face to face interview where I had to present a case study and respond several competency based questions. They called me on the next day with a positive feedback and an offer.

Interview Questions

• Online assessment: how my previous experience would help me to succeed in the new role, why do I want to work for Nielsen.
      Face to face: very long and detailed interview. Interviewers were well prepared, passionate about their jobs and extremely experienced. I had several questions about my presentation and also competency based ones. Eg: how do you work under pressure? Tell us an example of when you had to reach a tough target and how you achieved it, tell us an example of something you did that improve something in the company, if lots of people are asking you things with a short deadline, how do you prioritise it, how do you face changes etc.   Answer Question

Consumer Panel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had an initial phone screening interview with HR, then later I had a phone interview with two senior members of the team. Then I had an in person interview at the Oxford office where I had to present some insights based on my knowledge of the FMCG market.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Speaking solely for this BDM role, I have to say that the initial stage was satisfactory with a phone screening that lasted more than an hour, and an extremely disappointing face to face interview, with good cop/bad cop old fashion approach. No policy for covering expenses to travel to Oxford and no feedback or contact whatsoever after the interview.

Interview Questions

• The first question I was asked from one of the interviewers was why there was a 5-month gap between positions (it was 3 actually) that I had 10 years ago.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Numerical reasoning test, video interview, face to face interview with case study presentation, phone interview with manager lastly. All in all very smooth and HR is prompt in replying and explaining everything.

Interview Questions

• How do you negotiate in front of a tough client?   1 Answer

Graduate Client Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

There are a large number of steps involved in applying - first the application form, then online personality and numerical tests, then another, very lengthy application form, then an assessment day on the location, and finally, apparently, another final interview round.

First off, too many steps. Who has time to go do and wait for the results of so many stages?

Secondly, the assessment day was strange. Divided into three stages, a bunch of people were sent home at each one. It was well organised, but I rather felt like cattle being driven to and from different rooms. There was no travel reimbursement (getting to Oxford is not cheap for everyone).

I can see that there must be layers and layers of bureaucracy in a firm as large as this, and am half gratified at having been rejected relatively early on.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions as it was all group-based exercises   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

First stage was video interview followed by an on-site assessment center.

The interview itself is thorough however if you are suitable and prepared then the questions and process are constructed in such a way that this will shine through

Interview Questions

• Competency based questioning.   1 Answer

Graduate Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Online tests, video interview, face to face Assessment Centre.

The assessment centre consisted of a survival exercises, a case study presentation, and finally a personal presentation as to why they should hire you.

Interview Questions

• What does Nielsen do? What services do we provide? Sell yourself in 5 minutes (why you)? What are your greatest areas of development? What can you bring to this company? What would you describe as big data?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

1 assessment centre, quite intense, numerous group exercises. We had lunch with current associates and got the chance to ask a lot of questions. Followed up with two 1h interviews with current managers. Everyone was very friendly and proffesional at the same time. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Casual competency based. Group assignment to demonstrate how well you collaborate with other people; super essential for this company.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nielsen (Oxford, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

Telephone Interview
    2 to 1 Interview
    Tests
    Final Interview

In the 2 to 1 interview they go through your CV and they also ask how would you deal with certain situations.

The psychometric tests consist of numerical, written and reasoning tests.

The final interview will be with the team leader or director.