Nielsen Professional Services Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Professional Services Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

3.2

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Very pleasant and structured, some difficult questions. My resume wasn't exactly lined up for the job but the interviewer seemed to have interest in my perspective... didn't make it past the personality test. But the process was a college recruiting event, then to a simple meet and greet, then a 1:1 interview on campus the next day. There is a very quick turn around for this and I didn't have much time to prepare but passed the 1:1 and they sent out a logic and personality test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Talked to the recruiters at career fair, had one interview before the decision process.
    Two interviewers, asked the typical behavioral questions and ones about my experience
     There were a few technical questions probably just to see how you approach scenarios and your analytical ability. They were very quick to give the outcome, so the whole process only took about a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about deciding if a company should implement a new chip flavor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through my university. The process was 3 steps: resume submission, on-campus interview, and on-site interview. The on-campus interview was personality/resume based with one very broad business thinking type question. The on-site consisted of Q&A with current associates and 4-45 minute interviews. Of these 4, two were purely resume/behavioral, one also included market-sizing and critical thinking questions, and the other was purely a case question. The case question consisted of 20 minutes to examine available data on a table and ask questions and then 10-15 to summarize the situation and recommend next steps. All behavioral questions were fairly typical.

Turnaround was very quick: only a few days between application due date and first interview, then a week before second interview, then another 9 days before the offer.

Interview Questions

• How many new spoons are sold annually in the United States (only metal, no plastic)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Notre Dame, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Attended the on campus job fair. Applied through university career center with resume and cover letter. On campus interviews followed by office-site interviews. The on campus interview was broken up into three main parts: behavioral questions, quantitative/ math based questions, and case questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary in terms of questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the ONE salient skill that you would offer Nielsen?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school and on campus recruiting. I got an email for an interview. The day before the interview on a Monday they invited us to a "mixer" that night to make us feel better for a couple hours. It did not. They also required us to take an hour long logic test the day before the interview. Very frustrating and felt like they didnt respect our time. Interviewed with one person the next day for 45 mins.

Flew out to Chicago to interview all day and they let me know my flight info 2 days before my flight. Another lack of concern/care for the candidates. There were four 45 min long interviews with a case study. No feedback. Intermixed marketing questions.

I was on a deadline for another offer and called multiple times to remind them of this. They told me via email the day before my deadline which I found pretty disrespectful. Overall, I have only heard more horrible experiences from other candidates with Nielsen and their HR. Speaks volumes of the company itself

Interview Questions

• Coke wants to start a wine line, what would you tell them?   Answer Question
    • An existing yogurt brand wants to increase their pricing, should they?   Answer Question
    • How many people will buy christmas trees this year   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Storrs, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

I did the on-campus interview. I'm not sure if I moved onto the next round yet. The interviewers were quite nice. It appeared that they had 3 questions for each category of question and had to ask at least one.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you solved a problem with a broad perspective?   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruitment, completed analytic online assessment, and within the week got notified of my first interview. 45 minutes, mainly behavioral and several case questions based on what vertical you choose. Very straightforward and easy. Got chosen to go to the second round at one of their offices for a half day. Three 45 minute behavioral interviews with some very small case questions and one 45 minute case question. Behavioral interviews were very straightforward. They asked a lot about my background and how it all fits for the position. Case question was easy--nothing crazy. Just look into all the data and understand what each piece means and write your thought process clearly. I've only ever took one marketing course, but that was more than enough to do well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to do conflict management?   Answer Question
    • If a company wants to lower their prices, how do you advise them?   Answer Question
    • What are some questions you would ask your client if they believed they had a problem with one of their products?   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I only made it to the first round of interviewing. It was a moderately intense and stuffy interview, with the interviewer asking questions directly out of a worksheet-style packet and writing your answers below. There were a lot of behavioral questions in which they wanted answers detailing specific, to-the-point ways in which you reacted in the situations. I was not contacted at all after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY).

Interview

I did the first round of interviews with Nielsen for the Professional Services Analytics Experience. Interview lasted around 45 minutes. Went through my resume, then asked some behavioral questions. It ended with some hypothetical questions related to the different categories of the program. The interviewers were very nice. I heard back within two weeks, and I didn't get to the second round.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you worked with quantitative data and how did you use it to draw conclusions?   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2015.

Interview

Spoke to one person who had just did her Early Career Talent internship the past summer. She had me go over my resume and then had a packet that she drew questions from and took notes from so I wouldn't be surprised if the questions are standardized across most interviews for this position. Asked me a few marketing strategy based questions and also asked about my experience in excel.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a group member and how you dealt with it? Would you market a product that attracts customers easily but doesn't taste good or market a product that tastes great but doesn't have many loyal customers? What is your experience thus far with excel?   Answer Question