Nielsen Professional Services Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Professional Services Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I went through 2 rounds of interviews. On-campus I had one in-person interview with primarily behavioral questions regarding my interests, past internships, and accomplishments. I also received short case questions about what type of analysis I would conduct to answer certain business questions. 2nd round was at a Nielsen office with 4 rounds of similar interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used data to solve a problem?

What information would you use to segment consumers in the yogurt category?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school and on campus recruiting. I got an email for an interview. The day before the interview on a Monday they invited us to a "mixer" that night to make us feel better for a couple hours. It did not. They also required us to take an hour long logic test the day before the interview. Very frustrating and felt like they didnt respect our time. Interviewed with one person the next day for 45 mins.

Flew out to Chicago to interview all day and they let me know my flight info 2 days before my flight. Another lack of concern/care for the candidates. There were four 45 min long interviews with a case study. No feedback. Intermixed marketing questions.

I was on a deadline for another offer and called multiple times to remind them of this. They told me via email the day before my deadline which I found pretty disrespectful. Overall, I have only heard more horrible experiences from other candidates with Nielsen and their HR. Speaks volumes of the company itself

Interview Questions

• Coke wants to start a wine line, what would you tell them?   Answer Question
    • An existing yogurt brand wants to increase their pricing, should they?   Answer Question
    • How many people will buy christmas trees this year   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through my university. The process was 3 steps: resume submission, on-campus interview, and on-site interview. The on-campus interview was personality/resume based with one very broad business thinking type question. The on-site consisted of Q&A with current associates and 4-45 minute interviews. Of these 4, two were purely resume/behavioral, one also included market-sizing and critical thinking questions, and the other was purely a case question. The case question consisted of 20 minutes to examine available data on a table and ask questions and then 10-15 to summarize the situation and recommend next steps. All behavioral questions were fairly typical.

Turnaround was very quick: only a few days between application due date and first interview, then a week before second interview, then another 9 days before the offer.

Interview Questions

• How many new spoons are sold annually in the United States (only metal, no plastic)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Talked to the recruiters at career fair, had one interview before the decision process.
    Two interviewers, asked the typical behavioral questions and ones about my experience
     There were a few technical questions probably just to see how you approach scenarios and your analytical ability. They were very quick to give the outcome, so the whole process only took about a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about deciding if a company should implement a new chip flavor?   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Very pleasant and structured, some difficult questions. My resume wasn't exactly lined up for the job but the interviewer seemed to have interest in my perspective... didn't make it past the personality test. But the process was a college recruiting event, then to a simple meet and greet, then a 1:1 interview on campus the next day. There is a very quick turn around for this and I didn't have much time to prepare but passed the 1:1 and they sent out a logic and personality test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Notre Dame, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Notre Dame, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

Attended the on campus job fair. Applied through university career center with resume and cover letter. On campus interviews followed by office-site interviews. The on campus interview was broken up into three main parts: behavioral questions, quantitative/ math based questions, and case questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary in terms of questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the ONE salient skill that you would offer Nielsen?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Storrs, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

I did the on-campus interview. I'm not sure if I moved onto the next round yet. The interviewers were quite nice. It appeared that they had 3 questions for each category of question and had to ask at least one.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you solved a problem with a broad perspective?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

First round interview on campus (45 minutes), and second round interview in Nielsen office (4 separate interviews and lunch). First round consists of mostly behavioral type questions with a few client scenarios or analytical questions at the end. There is a also an analytical assessment that you had to "pass" in order to be invited for an interview. Once you make it past the first round, you are invited to a Nielsen office for second rounds. Second round consists of 4 separate interviews with representatives from Nielsen's practice areas, as well as lunch. You hear back on your hiring status within a week after your second round interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview that was a one-on-one interview. It lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of both behavioral and case study questions. I then was invited to attend a second round interview in Parsippany, NJ. It was four 45-minute back to back interviews with four different people, some of which focused on case study questions, and some of which focused on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a choice, went really far down that path, and then had to change course last minute? What did you do?   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through college with a resume and cover letter. Notified that I had a first round interview and received an interview "buddy" to reach out to at the company before my interview. Attended an informational/networking event the night before my interview and had an interview the next day with two individuals who work in different functions within professional services.