Nielsen Professional Services Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Professional Services Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

3.2

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through college with a resume and cover letter. Notified that I had a first round interview and received an interview "buddy" to reach out to at the company before my interview. Attended an informational/networking event the night before my interview and had an interview the next day with two individuals who work in different functions within professional services.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview that was a one-on-one interview. It lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of both behavioral and case study questions. I then was invited to attend a second round interview in Parsippany, NJ. It was four 45-minute back to back interviews with four different people, some of which focused on case study questions, and some of which focused on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a choice, went really far down that path, and then had to change course last minute? What did you do?   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen in September 2015.

Interview

Started at university career fair, invited to take online assessment. Interviewed on campus that was standard behavioral where the interviewer had a worksheet & was looking for STAR method, also included some mini case question. Looking to hear about problem solving and overcoming challenges. Final round was at regional office, four back to back interviews that felt similar to on campus, but more conversational. One case at the final round that was market research focused, where they wanted to hear your thought process out loud.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to solve a problem that involved a lot of data   Answer Question

Was told I would be able to preference location, however when I received an offer I was placed in a city I had no interest in, and there was zero flexibility to change this location. this along with majority of the emails being very automated made me feel just like a number

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

I spoke to a campus recruiter at a job fair and gave her my resume. Later that day, I received an email to complete an assessment and schedule a phone interview, which happened about a week later. The assessment included a bunch of brain teasers and the phone interview was mostly basic "tell me about a time when you..." sort of questions. I was then emailed a few days later to schedule two face to face interviews on campus, which asked similar questions in addition to mini case type questions.

Interview Questions

• A new grape flavored Oreo was just launched and sales are down. How would you boost sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Applied online. Was asked to complete the online assessment which was a multiple-choice questions. It was a mix of analytical questions and behavior questions(like do you multitask, how sympathetic are you to your co-workers etc.)
    After this, I was scheduled for an interview. It was a 45 minute interview process where I went over the resume and highlighted a couple of projects. THe interviewer asked me behavioral questions mostly. I had a lot of examples stowed away. So it was not difficult to answer them.
    My analytical skill was also tested. She asked me "There are 25,000 students in the campus. How many students take the university shuttle in a year". I felt that thinking out loud gave her a good idea of how I analysed the situation. The interview ended with her asking me why Nielsen.

Overall, I had a pretty good experience. I have been scheduled for the final round of interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a complex situation that you faced, and how you solved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Started with an on-campus interview, standard behavioral with some case-like questions at the end, and then time for me to ask any questions. I had actually interviewed with this woman before, so the tone was a bit friendlier.

Advanced to the next round. They were not actually specific that this would also be the final round, but I guess that's assumed since it was off-site. Traveled to Parsippany, NJ location (all paid for by employer), then had 3 45 minute interviews in a row, back to back. After there was a quick lunch with associates (which probably was a secret interview in its own way).

All interviews were similar to the first round, behavioral, time for me to ask questions at the end. But different in the sense that they wanted to hear more about why we wanted Nielsen. More about what we know about Professional Services in particular and what the 3 verticals entail. Above all, wanted to understand how we think, so definitely talk through questions even if you have no idea what the answer is.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest regret? (Emphasis on not work related)
      -Case study question about Coke-A-Cola, what would you suggest if they are interested in joining craft beer industry? Good idea or bad?
      -Question about cake. Brain teaser. You want to cut it into 8 slices but can only cut it 3 times. How do you do this?
      -How many people buy soft drinks in the United States?
      -Why Nielsen/Why Professional Services
      -Why ____(your university)
      -Biggest accomplishment at your university to date.
      -Some question about grape oreos (other candidates have posted, it's the exact same one)
      Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Went in for a super day. Had three interviews. 1st asked about my background. 2nd asked me some easy brain teasers. 3rd asked me why nielsen? It was overall a pretty good process and I thought I had crushed the interview but I guess I did not.

Professional Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting at a career fair. Very next day had an on campus interview with two associates and I had to take an online analytical assessment. About a week later was emailed saying I made it to the final round. They were going to fly me to Chicago but then decided to come back to campus for the final round. Final round was two 45 minute interviews one-on-one. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Most questions are behavioral and they are looking at how you think.

Interview Questions

• If you have a 5oz cup, 3 oz cup, and unlimited supply of water, how would you measure 4oz   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Campus interview followed by onsite interview. Prior to campus interview, you had a pre-night where you networked with existing employees and interviewers. Campus interview had 2 people. Mainly behavioral questions. 1 mini case question. 2nd interview was 3 different interviews and all behavioral.

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting and was sent a link to take an assessment. I wasn't prepared for the assessment as it was more intense than I was planning. I suggest you are in a position where you won't be distracted and can focus as it is timed and you will likely not finish. After the assessment I was contacted for a phone interview, nothing too difficult, just behavioral and going through your resume.

After the phone interview they followed up to have 2 interviews with managers. Both managers came to our campus the following week. 1 of the 2 was a case study that focused on the more statistical knowledge of data analysis. The second was more behavioral. Both managers were very helpful in the interview process.

They were very professional during the whole process and really wanted to match me with an office that I wanted. Asked me my preferences in regards to location and region. The offer was based on those preferences so I was really appreciative of that accommodation and professionalism. Only reason I didn't accept the offer was because of having to relocate and salary/cost of living considerations from another offer.