Nielsen Professional Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Professional Services Interview Questions

3.1

Professional Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume, was contacted and had to take an hour long problem-solving test, then had one interview on-campus. Problem solving test was not too difficult, but was a little stressful. I was notified by my campus a week after taking the test that I had an interview on campus. The interview was about 45 min ling.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Nielsen? How could Walmart figure out what kinds of cereals to sell in its stores? Tell me why you are a good fit for the company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Professional Services, Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nielsen.

Interview

Behavioral questions in interview after having taken an online skills test with timed brain teasers. The night before the interview, there was a pre-interview social even in which I met both my interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had a conflict with someone in a group setting, and how you approached the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Champaign, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied by submitting my resume and taking an assessment of logic-based questions then received an email saying I got an on-campus interview at my university...one interview with two people then got the offer about two weeks later

Interview Questions

• If you go to a university of 10,000 students, how many slices of pizza are consumed per year on campus?
      If you have two empty glasses (3oz and 5oz) and an unlimited supply of water, how do you measure out exactly one ounce of water?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Bloomington, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume to a recruiter at career fair. Got selected for one 30 minute interview, which included one case question. This is only the case for the internships. Full-timers will have multiple rounds of interviews and will be invited to the office. There was a pre-night the night before the interview to prepare and network. Everyone was very natural and not scary at all. Everyone dresses casually but definitely suit up for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How many pizzas does Papa Johns sell in a year on a college campus?   Answer Question

Professional Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in November 2014.

Interview

Had on-campus interview that was lengthy but didn't seem to dive into who the candidate actually was. Be ready for a lot of behavioral questions with a couple of strategic thinking thrown in there as well. It was easy and helpful that the person in the room was so friendly, but she had trouble acting like I wasn't just a number.

Interview Questions

• "You have a 5 oz cup, 3 oz cup, and an unlimited amount of water. How do you get 1 oz of water?   1 Answer

Declined because of a better financial offer from another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through college, very easy process and met nice people who worked there. The interview was what I expected. Mostly behavioral but 2 case questions. The application consisted of submitting resume online and taking a logical test. Very similar to the LSAT. Not really mathy just more questions that really make you think. I thought it was pretty hard but I guess i didn't do too badly because I moved on to the interview round. (I think you need to get a certain amount correct to move on).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone something.   Answer Question

Professional Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen in September 2014.

Interview

Applied on campus, one 45 minute interview and you will know results within two weeks, technical and behavioral style, with two recent grads, info session beforehand, online assessment, do a walk-through of interview then ask about times when you used quantitative data to solve a problem and two or three case style questions, ask why you are a good fit for their company

Interview Questions

• What is the formula for return on sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Very unstructured with the exception of the analytical exam. Had a chance to meet a few people from the team I would be working on, my boss and his boss. Clear explanation of the importance of the analytical exam and how to approach.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary based on my previous compensation but there was limited movement.

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

(1) Online test - a blend of personality and GMAT questions, overall very difficult but nothing you can study for. I thought I bombed it, so don't fret! If you really want to prepare for the GMAT section, study some logic questions.
    (2) You are given a case study in powerpoint format, and are asked to submit your resolution a week later
    (3) HR Interview, immediately followed by a Business interview by two current employees - the Business interview was more difficult, as you had to present the case you submitted earlier. However, overall, the interview with BOTH HR and Business was amazing. Very, very nice and welcoming people - I felt at ease the entire time, and the conversation was very natural.

Tips: Show your personality and make them laugh! Be humble, funny, and confident - demonstrate you're a team player, leader, and willing to work hard but also have fun at the same time. Don't be too aggressive or off-putting; ask them how they're doing and try and establish a real relationship and rapport. Act as if they are a potential client you're going to work with.

Overall: Great experience. I've done a lot of interviews, but I knew Nielsen was the best fit for me long before I applied to other places.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Professional Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in November 2013.

Interview

On campus interview that was mostly behavioral with a couple small case studies. Followed two weeks later with an invite to interview on-site. Interviewed by 3 different employees on-site, with each interview essentially the same as the on campus interview, but with different questions. Heard back from them the day after the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Was asked a couple of questions about how to determine how successful a product release would be.   Answer Question