Nielsen Professional Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Professional Services Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Very unstructured with the exception of the analytical exam. Had a chance to meet a few people from the team I would be working on, my boss and his boss. Clear explanation of the importance of the analytical exam and how to approach.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary based on my previous compensation but there was limited movement.

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

I got the initial interview through my university and then was asked to interview at the location in Cincinnati, OH. Before advancing, I had to take an 1 1/2 hour test that consisted of word problems and a writing portion. The on-site interviews were very intense, we met with a representative from each of the three areas: continuous, specialized, and custom. This position is very math intensive, and a lot of your time is spent crunching numbers and then relaying this information to clients. I really liked the company as a whole, but this wasn't an environment that I would be comfortable in. If you are interviewing make sure you have a lot of examples of using analytic skills and be prepared to answer problem solving questions on the fly.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about finding the number of people in the UK who smoke?   Answer Question
    • Suppose you are opening the first gas station, how would you decide on were to put it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

One-on-one interview. I was asked why I wanted to work for the company, about past experiences in quantitative and interpersonal skills. I was asked to give examples of using certain skills. I was also given a marketing scenario and asked to brainstorm ideas. Overall, the interview was painless and the interviewer was very pleasant. The next step is an on-site interview, which I was invited for and will have soon.

Interview Questions

• What would be a deal-breaker in a job for you? What don't you want in a job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nielsen (Stamford, CT) in November 2009.

Interview

It was great; my interviewer was friendly and made the entire process clear. She was very sociable and easy to talk to and very knowledgeable about the company.

I only received a phone interview and after I 'passed' it, I was administered an analytical assessment that was largely math-based and had two written components.

All-in-all, my communication with HR and my interviewer was flawless and prompt. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• You are the project manager of two clients: one is a large multinational chain restaurant with a large customer base that isn't necessarily loyal. The other is a small regional chain with a small customer base that is exceptionally loyal.

Which one do you choose to invest in?
      Answer Question

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

(1) Online test - a blend of personality and GMAT questions, overall very difficult but nothing you can study for. I thought I bombed it, so don't fret! If you really want to prepare for the GMAT section, study some logic questions.
    (2) You are given a case study in powerpoint format, and are asked to submit your resolution a week later
    (3) HR Interview, immediately followed by a Business interview by two current employees - the Business interview was more difficult, as you had to present the case you submitted earlier. However, overall, the interview with BOTH HR and Business was amazing. Very, very nice and welcoming people - I felt at ease the entire time, and the conversation was very natural.

Tips: Show your personality and make them laugh! Be humble, funny, and confident - demonstrate you're a team player, leader, and willing to work hard but also have fun at the same time. Don't be too aggressive or off-putting; ask them how they're doing and try and establish a real relationship and rapport. Act as if they are a potential client you're going to work with.

Overall: Great experience. I've done a lot of interviews, but I knew Nielsen was the best fit for me long before I applied to other places.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Professional Services Interview

Interview

written test then interview

Professional Services Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nielsen in November 2010.

Interview

Nielsen had posted a job posting on my university job board so I got the first-round interview from that. They asked me to allocate 2 hours for the interview, but be prepared for longer, especially if they're running late.

First I had a half-hour behavioral interview, which they sprinkled throughout with small case questions, like the Listerine question another reviewer had. I was a bit thrown off by them, so just be prepared to answer. I spent the next 1.5 hours taking an analytical assessment, which I prepared for by spending an hour practicing GMAT questions. I finished early, which I think is a good indicator of how helpful doing practice math problems was. The whole point of practicing was to get myself familiarized with basic probability, percentages, etc. again. The test consisted of 10 business word problems and 2 essay questions.

I just got called in for an on-site interview so I'm guessing I did alright.

Professional Services Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nielsen in February 2010.

Interview

Great place to interview. I took the assessment test and i was extremely sick. But I felt the case study was easy but the math questions were kind of difficult. But when I took the test my eyes were watering and I kept on sneezing throughout the 90mins. So hopefully I get the job!!

Interview Questions

• you have a soap company that wants to introduce a new product that can clean Everything even your body. How would you go about giving the company recommendation on introducing the product.   Answer Question