Nielsen Project Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nielsen Project Developer Interview Questions

3.3

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Developer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in January 2010.

Interview

Did a phone interview and was asked to come in for an assessment. The test was 90 minutes and applied to different aspects and functions of the job. Came in a week later for four rounds of interviews and a lunch meeting with another employee. Two of the interviews were over the phone, so it seemed pointless to do them from the office and made the day drag on. The questions across the four were extremely repetitive and I had to repeat the same stories all day. Some of the interviewers didnt seem to know what they were doing since the company clearly wasn't organized and swapped out a few people last minute. My last interviewer made up the questions as he went along. The woman I had done my phone interview with contacted me and asked me to come in yet again for another 30 minute interview. You could see why they are "industry leaders"- all focus on getting ahead and zero on individuals. None of the people I spoke with seemed to sell the company or the job to me, but instead had a "your lucky we're taking the time to talk to you" attitude. The lady from the phone interview was helping me throughout the process and was really nice until they decided not to hire me. I got a generic rejection letter with my actual name instead of my nickname which they'd be using with me throughout the entire process and even sent it to the email address listed in the job website and not the one from my resume that I'd been using to communicate with them for the entire 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with another employee and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nielsen

Project Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. The first round was to do a written test in the office. It is very basic question list that test your math skill. Second round i was invited to the department office and did the 2nd written test; this test is more for the work in the real situation. They wanted to know if you pay attention to details and how you would deal things if something happened. 3rd round was interviewed by the director of the department. Since she was located in hongkong, i got the phone call from her and we make one - hour phone call. She threw probably 20 questions about "please tell me a situation if you ......"

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a situation when you lead a team
      please tell me a situation when you made mistake and how you dealt with it.
      ......   Answer Question

Project Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter after 1 month of submitting application through Naukri.com
    process involves-written test, telephonic interview and few more interviews

got test paper to solve in one hour. very lengthy and confusing. needed to take out grammar and all whatever mistakes were there in question paper. there was total 25 questions. few were mathematics, some confusing case study, one question on "proudest moment of yours" and last was case study on "UNISOAP"
    case study: UNISOAP is soap for multiple uses. you can use it as detergent, as body wash etc etc...
    you as a consultant have to do SWOT analysis

cut off was minimum 15 grammatical errors from the paper as well as sectional cut offs.

frustrating procedure. test copies were not checked for more than next 10 days.
    called HR , and she just told me...I think you couldn't clear the test. i asked for my scores but she refused to do so.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nielsen (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for a phone screening interview, basically just wanted to know what my current position is and what my responsibilities were. They asked about your current wage, what you expect to make, and what you know about the company. After that they submit your resume to the HR department at Nielsen and if everything goes well, you have an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Assess a recent advertisement you saw that appealed to a group that is atypical?   1 Answer

Project Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Analytical test followed by three rounds of interview. The 1st two interview were done by regular employees. The final interview was done by some VP. The process takes over 3 weeks.

Project Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nielsen (Mumbai (India)) in March 2010.

Interview

There are a couple of tests - very basic. The overall process is very relaxed and aimed at understanding the fit with the job as they are very open to training the candidate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate on the salary

Project Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in August 2010.

Interview

Overall the interview process was realatively easy with a general ease of coordinating times to talk.

Project Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nielsen in February 2013.

Interview

Two written test followed by in person interview. Questions were related to work done and also psycological. Fairly simple test.

7 sections. Starting from finding mistakes in q're to writing an essay

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. Salary was less than expectation as it is global.norm